DDoS Attack Update from Blizzard

Ddos Attack Update From Blizzard
  • Author: Furious
  • Date: September 19, 2019
  • Updated: October 7, 2020
  • Expansion: WoW Classic

Recently on the Blizzard Community Forums, Kaivax officially gave closure to the subject of the recent DDOS attacks upon the World of Warcraft game service.

According to Kaivax, the Blizzard Security Team was able to work diligently with law enforcement agencies from around the globe to track down the perpetrator of the attacks and within only a few days have a suspect in custody.

– (Source)

Hello everyone. We wanted to return to this subject and put some closure on it. As always, It is our top priority to resolve any issues that prevent players from having a smooth gameplay experience.

Immediately after the Distributed Denial of Service attacks against our game service began, the Blizzard Security Team worked around the clock with local and international law enforcement agencies to track down the source of the DDoS. It is our understanding that, within a few days, authorities were able to successfully identify and arrest a suspect.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

About the Author

Furious

If I'm not working or spending time with the family I'm probably gaming. Some of my favorite recent games I've played are Far Cry 5, World of Warcraft Classic, and 7 Days to Die.

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Scroll to Top