Players Unable to Log In – Blizzard Investigating – TBC Classic

players unable to log in blizzard investigating tbc classic repair failure
  • Author: Pride
  • Date: March 23, 2022
  • Updated: March 23, 2022
  • Expansion: TBC Classic

It would appear that today’s release of patch 2.5.4 is not as smooth as Blizzard would have liked, as a large number of players are reporting that they are unable to log in. This issue affects specific characters – they can typically log in on some of their characters, while trying to log in on other characters causes WoW to crash, with an error typically similar to the one pictured below.

players unable to log in blizzard investigating tbc classic wow crash
WoW crashes upon trying to log in on specific characters.

Right now there doesn’t appear to be a common link between the characters that players are unable to log in onto, though some are reporting that it only seems to affect only their level 70 characters, and not their low level alts. Unfortunately, as pictured in the in the picture below, attempting to repair the client and other similarly common troubleshooting mechanisms do not work to fix this issue, as they themselves are broken.

players unable to log in blizzard investigating tbc classic repair failure
Attempting to repair the game files in order to fix this issue is fruitless, as the repair feature also doesn’t work.

At a lack of options for fixing this issue on their own, players have naturally turned to Blizzard, and this was their response on the topic:

players unable to log in blizzard investigating tbc classic blizard response
Ironthorne quickly responds to this game-breaking issue.

To their credit, the response came very quickly – just an hour after the first reports of this issue started surfacing, which is a very quick pace for game industry standards. However, they merely acknowledge that they’re aware of the issue, and given that it’s been 13 hours since then, with players still unable to log in, things are not looking great. This is further exacerbated by the fact that today is the weekly raid reset for EU servers, meaning this issue would potentially result in a very large amount of players having to miss their weekly raid due to being unable to log in.

So here is hoping that Blizzard have a quick fix for this issue and players can get back to playing the game and enjoying all the new content in patch 2.5.4!

What are your thoughts on this topic? Are you one of the players affected by the log in issue? Will you be missing a raid if Blizzard doesn’t fix it? Let us know in the comments below!

Ironthorne – (Source)

Hey everyone,

I looked up some of the crashes going on with the players in this thread and they’re all similar. I also see a few tickets came in recently for this exact symptom. Looks like something is going on and I’m going to poke the developers to make sure this is on their radar to fix up. Thanks for the reports everyone. Will post an update should I hear something further.

About the Author

Pride

Classic WoW is my jam, with a passion for PvP. Most know me as Baranor, the ret paladin guy, but I'm secretly a druid main, don't tell anyone. In my free time I play Switch games, particularly JRPGs. Some day I'll be making my own games and I humbly hope you play those too!

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Scroll to Top