PvE Enhancement Shaman Stat Priority

wotlk pve enhancement shaman stat priority

In this section, we will be covering what is deemed to be an effective stat priority list for Enhancement Shamans in Wrath of the Lich King, and will further explain each stat in more detail.

1. Hit Rating
  2. Expertise
  3. Attack Power
  4. Haste
  5. Armor Penetration
  6. Agility

When it comes to dual-wielding classes, the Hit Rating is tricky, to say the least. The soft hit cap for melee classes is 8%, while the hard cap is 25%. Attempting to reach 25% may hinder your build, so you should aim for a more achievable 13-14% for Melee Hit Rating and 17% for Spell Hit Rating (since we will use spells in our rotations as well).

The Expertise rating should always be 26.

With Attack Power we should stack as much as possible; the more, the merrier. Note that we will also gain Spell Power from our Attack Power because of the talents we picked.

In regards to Haste, the Enhancement Shaman works the same as the Retribution Paladin. In other words, this is a class that practically abuses a high amount of Haste. Any amount over 16% Haste will do wonders for your damage.

Armor Penetration is one of the most powerful stats implemented in the game. However, as an Enhancement Shaman you deal hybrid damage – both physical and nature damage. Therefore, Armor Penetration is not ranked higher as a stat. Still, it brings consistent value and should not be ignored.

Agility offers both Critical Strike chance rating and Attack Power for the Enhancement Shaman. But, don’t rush to gem the Agility just yet – your gear will offer plenty. Just like with the Attack Power, the more Agility you have, the better it will be for your overall damage output.

About the Author

Venesh

Hello fellow World of Warcraft enthusiasts! My name is Venesh and I have been playing WoW since original Classic. This includes several other MMORPGs and other genres. I enjoy theory crafting and maximizing my playtime to the fullest. Community is everything and I want to help people get the most out of their World of Warcraft experience.
Subscribe
Notify of

9 Comments
Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Cocytus
Cocytus
2 years ago

what are the stat prios for spellhance?

Sham
Sham
2 years ago

Having been a Enhance Shaman main for the entirety of ICC in WOTLK, this stat prio is completely wrong.

Hit 17% (16% if Draenei), any more is wasted and any less you have a chance at missing spells and losing dps.
Expertise to cap
Agi
Haste
Crit
Attack Power

Armor pen is a dead stat for enhancement, Stormstrike and auto attacks are your only physical attacks, Lava Lash as good as it sounds on paper and with the glyph is still affected by the OH damage penalty. Agility offers crit and attack power so gemming agility and is worth over attack power.

Dauru
Dauru
Reply to  Sham
1 year ago

trololol Ap gems give you twice the amount of ap a agi gems gives you
so evne with kings and unleashed rage 10 agi is 12 ap but 20 ap are 22
and you go for crit cause it also affect your spells and you have a talent for spell crits to grant you 9 % melee crit so why the fuck should i slot agi ?

Sin
Sin
Reply to  Dauru
1 year ago

Agi scales with kings and gives you crit, ap does not. But if you’re going spellhance, you should be gemming haste because your top-end damage is hard-linked to your mw procs per second, and spellpower is in this prio

Last edited 1 year ago by Sin
Kal
Kal
Reply to  Sham
1 year ago

where does Strength fall on this stat list? with attack power?

Ryzom
Ryzom
1 year ago

How the fuck i get Spellhit as a melee class? all items on the Pre BiS list has no spellhit, and also the End-BiS gear has no spellhit on it.

Itskaty
Itskaty
Reply to  Ryzom
1 year ago

Spell hit is the same as hit rating in WOTLK.

Quinox
Quinox
Reply to  Itskaty
1 year ago

This comment is the most helpful, info I got even after watching a bunch of video on spellhance lol

boomyboi
boomyboi
Reply to  Quinox
1 year ago

same thing with crit rating too

Scroll to Top