Players Outraged Over Firemaw Lag, Blizzard Responds – TBC Classic

players outraged over firemaw lag, blizzard responds featured image
  • Author: Pride
  • Date: January 28, 2022
  • Updated: January 28, 2022
  • Expansion: TBC Classic

Players on the Firemaw server have been experiencing significant lagspikes over the past few days, particularly during the evening, when player congestion is high with multiple major guilds raiding concurrently. The server struggled in many ways, with players additionally getting frequent disconnects, into lengthy queues, preventing them from raiding altogether in many cases.

As it is the biggest EU server with roughly 20% of all EU players being on it at the time of writing this article, this affected a very large amount of players and caused great frustration. Specifically, many raid mechanics became extremely annoying or challenging to deal with, when players had several seconds of lag in many instances, making for a very poor raiding experience.

Players raised concerns that the lag issues would get even worse with the release of Phase 3 content as of 8 hours ago. Kaivax responded that Blizzard believes they have identified the cause of the lag and put the server into maintenance overnight, specifically at 3am CET.

While this would have normally been regarded as good news, Blizzard essentially took the servers down while many guilds were progressing on the new content, essentially removing them from the race to world / region first. This was met by outrage from players whose guilds were currently progressing in Mount Hyjal / Black Temple, with many criticizing Blizzard for not addressing the lag issue in time and interfering with the race.

It is currently unclear if the fix fully resolved the issues as they typically are more prominent during peak raiding times. Players however are reporting that the auction house interface loads faster now, at the very least.

About the Author

Pride

Classic WoW is my jam, with a passion for PvP. Most know me as Baranor, the ret paladin guy, but I'm secretly a druid main, don't tell anyone. In my free time I play Switch games, particularly JRPGs. Some day I'll be making my own games and I humbly hope you play those too!

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Scroll to Top