Sunken Temple Trash Buffed to Prevent AoE Farming in SoM

sunken temple trash buffed to prevent aoe farming featured image
  • Author: Pride
  • Date: December 4, 2021
  • Updated: December 4, 2021
  • Expansion: WoW Classic

One of Blizzard’s plans for Season of Mastery was to fix some of the most popular strategies and exploits that allowed players, typically mages, to farm gold and experience at rates way higher than intended.

To that end, they made a number of changes to some of the most popular farming spots (Stratholme, Maraudon, Zul’Farrak) and specifically trash in those dungeons, hoping that player experience gains and gold income would be closer to its intended amount in Season of Mastery, where it was completely broken in Classic.

Crafty players however realized that there are other dungeons that can be AoE farmed for high returns, allowing for similar or very slightly reduced gold and experience rates. By far the most popular of those new spots is Sunken Temple, which contains very densely packed monsters, allowing mages to AoE them very effectively.

With a hotfix applied today, Blizzard said no more to Sunken Temple farming. From now on, the trash monsters in that dungeon will receive a similar buff to monsters in Stratholme and Maraudon, wherein they become invulnerable to slows and roots after 30 seconds, and gain increasing movement speed, so they cannot be kited indefinitely.

Players are already looking for the next best spot and coming up with new kiting paths and strategies, so it is unlikely that this hotfix alone will limit gold and experience rates to what Blizzard intends. However, it is refreshing to see them react quickly with fixing issues that will become problems down the line, where they typically did not take action in time and problems became worse and worse until they could not be fixed in the past, such as the situation with TBC Classic server populations.

What are your thoughts on this topic? Were you interested in farming Sunken Temple for gold and would you have rather they allow players to farm dungeons for high gold and experience gains? Or are you pleased that they are systematically taking out these farm strategies out of the game? Let us know in the comments below!

Linxy – (Source)

Here is today’s hotfix for WoW Classic Era and Season of Mastery:

DECEMBER 3, 2021

WoW Classic Era and Season of Mastery

• Dungeons and Raids
    • Sunken Temple
      • Non-boss elite enemies now gain Soulflayer’s Fervor over time, granting Snare Immunity, Root Immunity, and Increased Movement Speed. Crowd control abilities like stuns, fears, shackles, polymorphs etc. will reset Soulflayer’s Fervor.

About the Author

Pride

Classic WoW is my jam, with a passion for PvP. Most know me as Baranor, the ret paladin guy, but I'm secretly a druid main, don't tell anyone. In my free time I play Switch games, particularly JRPGs. Some day I'll be making my own games and I humbly hope you play those too!

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Scroll to Top