Mage Boosting May Be Nerfed in WoW Classic Seasonal Realms

Frost Mage AoE Technique
  • Author: Furious
  • Date: September 30, 2021
  • Updated: September 30, 2021
  • Expansion: WoW Classic

In a clarification to the announcement of WoW Classic Era seasonal realms, Kaivax has posted that during the beta they are going to be reviewing mage boosting, especially in Maraudon, to mitigate the impact it has on leveling.

The leveling experience bump they announced is currently focused on quest XP.

Kaivax – (Source)

Hello. There are a couple of points we’d like to add to the discussion. We would like to make sure its still viable to level alts in this accelerated time frame.

With that in mind, we’re planning to take a look at mage boosting in the Beta for this release. We have some ideas for adjustments we can make to reduce its impact, especially in current hot-spots like Maraudon.

The proposed increased XP gains are focused entirely on quest XP. We don’t have any plans to increase other sources of XP at this time.

Thanks for the feedback!

About the Author

Furious

If I'm not working or spending time with the family I'm probably gaming. Some of my favorite recent games I've played are Far Cry 5, World of Warcraft Classic, and 7 Days to Die.

Subscribe
Notify of

5 Comments
Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Bob
Bob
2 years ago

Just adjust the run speed on mobs in maraudon, ZG, Stratholme, and Scarlet Monastery. +20% should do it.

Pad
Pad(@padman)
Reply to  Bob
2 years ago

Make it 30% so Swiftness of Zanza wont help.

Stefhan
Stefhan
Reply to  Pad
2 years ago

Nice idea both of you, I think it should work. I hate boosters, they ruin the game.

Sustri
Sustri
Reply to  Stefhan
2 years ago

Who cares about leveling, stop being delusional and nerf the xp needed to ding in half or more.
Focus in what matters and not on content that lasts 2 or 3 resets tops.
Increase the level difficulty up to eleven or you will see that the seasonal servers will be just stomped again

Dins
Dins
2 years ago

Plz up xp for level up very low xp.
Many of my friends and other players go to free servers because of the low xp of servers

Scroll to Top