
The two-name system in WoW Forever is an interesting change from other versions of WoW. It's been fun seeing what players are coming up with.
Have you seen any particularly fun or creative names yet?

I thought I wouldn't like it. But it's actually quite fun. Manually whispering someone is a bigger pain now, but you don't really do that all that often these days.
Two words also give a lot more room for jokes, which is neat. But my favorite so far have been all the bag sellers named after fashion brands.

The whole system is a mess. Mail going to wrong characters, party invites not coming through. Good thing it's still beta.
Once they iron out the plethora of bugs I actually quite like it. Also, in the beta I've noticed a lot of people are just using auto-generated names as they just wanted to get in quick with a character without thinking. Kinda had an unintended effect of making the game more immersive. Seeing a bunch of people with race and world appropriate names running about doing simple grounded quests made things feel even more alive.
That said, I know I'm going to sit at the character creation screen for an hour wracking my brain for a good name when I want to actually make my own. I already struggle with this when I've got a single name to think up, nevermind two haha.

The promotional names have yet to kick in, since it's just beta, but expect on LIVE a lot of nameOF, nameYT, etc... Atm everyone is messing around and testing the limits. I like it but being a Shaman Tank I am VERY biased lol

Agreed! It kind of makes me want to play on the RP server when the game launches.Shadostruct wrote: ↑3 days agoOnce they iron out the plethora of bugs I actually quite like it. Also, in the beta I've noticed a lot of people are just using auto-generated names as they just wanted to get in quick with a character without thinking. Kinda had an unintended effect of making the game more immersive. Seeing a bunch of people with race and world appropriate names running about doing simple grounded quests made things feel even more alive.

I think it's pretty cool! it's like what the Original Guild Wars did back in the day, it gave the freedom to "create" a lineage if you wanted to so you could light-rp if you want. Funny enough the OG Guild Wars actually allowed characters to be single name now after 20 years.

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ ▪ ꜰᴏʀꜱᴀᴋᴇɴ ᴘᴀʟᴀᴅɪɴ
-
- 2
- 377218
Furious
2 years ago









