Insurgency

122 posts
Undead
Priest
Undead Priest 122 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I have no dog in this fight. But /respect to those that just grind it the fuck out!

Alenya
39 posts
Alliance
Alliance 39 posts
 •  Unread

A great end to a great weekend - new PB @ Level 20 on my repack - 7h 58min and a full 19:48 off my old PB Absolutely stoked

Jpy teebling Jalapeno
Shaman Enhancement
Discord:

teebling#5444

Bnet:

Teeb#2674

Orc Hunter 525 posts
 •  Unread

Sub 8hrs hype!

Winterspring
Bnet:

s1atan#2841

Tauren Hunter 114 posts
 •  Unread

I will try my best next week. Want to compare troll and orc! :)

Eastern Plaguelands
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
 •  Unread

@Alenya amazing level 20 time! Promise to get both your new times added soon. (I’m at work on my phone and the tables are iffy to edit via mobile browser.)

39 posts
Alliance
Alliance 39 posts
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
2 months ago
Sub 8hrs hype!
So much hype :D

Rogue Subtlety
4 posts
Horde
Rogue
Horde Rogue 4 posts
 •  Unread

my best so far on closed server

teebling Jpy Jalapeno s1atan Alenya
Eastern Plaguelands
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
 •  Unread

@Kup another very nice time! Will get you added when I can.

Druid Feral
Guild:

LFG

Bnet:

Selexin#1725

Tauren Druid 315 posts
 •  Unread

Sub 2hour lvl 10 is solid.

ImageImage
Winterspring
Bnet:

s1atan#2841

Tauren Hunter 114 posts
 •  Unread

I feel like pleb with my 2h 15m :oops:

Rogue Combat
30 posts
 •  Unread

Very nice times indeed :)

Eastern Plaguelands
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
 •  Unread

Leaderboards up to date, keep going!

Thunder Bluff
Bnet:

Daonna#1820

Tauren Druid 53 posts
 •  Unread

This thread is hyping me up so much for Classic! You guys better keep updating us so I can live vicariously through y'all!

Jpy
"May the eternal sun shine upon thee."
Eastern Plaguelands
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
 •  Unread

Agreed, we have some pretty good runners on the leaderboards. For those of you who haven’t tried a run through the earlier levels of your character with emphasis on leveling as quickly as possible, it’s quite fun and you’ll try harder each time to beat your last time. Honestly, it’s hard to respect what some people have done here until you’ve tried yourself— some of these times are pretty damn impressive.

On another note, of course everyone has a right to keep their strats to themselves, I encourage people to at least post a bit about their run instead of just posting a time. How’d you do compared to your previous runs, what mistakes were made or knowledge you gained from those mistakes? Good luck for future runners, I’ve been a bit busy lately so I just fool around on a 3x rate WotLK server with IRL friends when I get free time.

Ashenvale
Discord:

Solveig#0001

63 posts
Night Elf
Rogue
Night Elf Rogue 63 posts
 •  Unread

A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?

Eastern Plaguelands
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
 •  Unread

Solveig wrote:
2 months ago
A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?
Locally. You can probably manage a few people connecting to your server but not many. I’ve only personally used it for solo practicing.

Ashenvale
Discord:

Solveig#0001

63 posts
Night Elf
Rogue
Night Elf Rogue 63 posts
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
Solveig wrote:
2 months ago
Locally. You can probably manage a few people connecting to your server but not many. I’ve only personally used it for solo practicing.
Are you compiling the base code from LH or is this an actual repack?
Connections to WoW servers use very little, each players roughly a couple of kilobytes, so if you have even a reasonable connection you can actually host quite a large server. But I digress. I'd personally like to get something setup for a frew friends to muck about on, but I cbf going through the cmake process so if there's a decent repack with little setup I'd be keen to know :)

Sorry for thread hijack.

Eastern Plaguelands
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
 •  Unread

Solveig wrote:
2 months ago
Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
Solveig wrote:
2 months ago
Connections to WoW servers use very little, each players roughly a couple of kilobytes, so if you have even a reasonable connection you can actually host quite a large server. But I digress. I'd personally like to get something setup for a frew friends to muck about on, but I cbf going through the cmake process so if there's a decent repack with little setup I'd be keen to know :)

Sorry for thread hijack.
Nothing to be sorry about, it’s a perfectly relevant question. In fact, I have a link in the original post about how to setup the repack that I use. :biggrin:

E: here’s a direct link.

kvmphvre
Ashenvale
Discord:

Solveig#0001

63 posts
Night Elf
Rogue
Night Elf Rogue 63 posts
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
Solveig wrote:
2 months ago
Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
Solveig wrote:
2 months ago

Sorry for thread hijack.
Nothing to be sorry about, it’s a perfectly relevant question. In fact, I have a link in the original post about how to setup the repack that I use. :biggrin:

Brilliant, thanks Jpy! Will have a look when I get home :)

Jpy kvmphvre
Mulgore
Discord:

kamphare#8864

Horde Rogue 27 posts
 •  Unread

Great thread and initiative! This is so very much up my alley. Not directly because of the speedrunning, but because one of the things I love the most is leveling characters through the early game.

I don't really know why, but I would level tons of characters to around 20-30 back in the day, then start over. I was once playing a troll shaman, and I had just hit 30 and gotten the corpsemaker from RFK which was a big goal of mine - when I rolled a new troll shaman because I wanted blue hair instead.

I recently leveled a shaman to 10 or so on northdale, so I could whip up a screenshot once I get home. Although, I completed the fire totem quest which takes freaking forever, so it's not really representative in a speedrun perspective.

[edit]

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago

Also, damn! Thanks a bunch for the info. Have been wanting to set something up locally for testing purposes. Cheers @Jpy!

Jpy
I like tea.
39 posts
Alliance
Alliance 39 posts
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
On another note, of course everyone has a right to keep their strats to themselves, I encourage people to at least post a bit about their run instead of just posting a time. How’d you do compared to your previous runs, what mistakes were made or knowledge you gained from those mistakes? Good luck for future runners, I’ve been a bit busy lately so I just fool around on a 3x rate WotLK server with IRL friends when I get free time.
Good point, I'll make sure to add some story next time <3

Rogue Subtlety
4 posts
Horde
Rogue
Horde Rogue 4 posts
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
heres my 2 runs on the leaderboards
Rogue on northdale:

Warrior on dead server:

I take a very "grind heavy" approach i think, if you have any tips or something im doing wrong let me know pls
E: i purposely did not use frontstabbing because it will not be relevent in classic.

s1atan Redzy_TV Jpy teebling kvmphvre
Eastern Plaguelands
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
 •  Unread

Thanks for sharing Kup! Will give these a watch when I get time, a bit busy this morning. I was wondering if you used frontstab when you posted that Rogue time, quite impressive without it m8.

24 posts
Alliance
Mage
Alliance Mage 24 posts
 •  Unread

Hey, new here, but thought this was interesting, so wanted to join along.

As a start i will just list my 1 - 10 time on Nelf hunter

The run had 3 deaths because i am a clown at times. Also worth noting is that 1-6 was done in 29 min 4 sec.

you can see the video here:

The video is 1-10 + pet training and Darnassus

Its on repacked server, not that it does much difference.

teebling SweaterMonster Jpy Kup Alenya
Eastern Plaguelands
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
 •  Unread

@yeyeftw nice time! Will get you added when I have a chance.
E: Leaderboards udated.