Arathi Basin
User avatar
US Kul Tiras
45 posts
Horde
Priest
Horde Priest 45 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

I have no dog in this fight. But /respect to those that just grind it the fuck out!

   Alenya
Dolamite
Undead Priest
<Extreme>
Mal'Ganis
November 2004
Alliance 24 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

A great end to a great weekend - new PB @ Level 20 on my repack - 7h 58min and a full 19:48 off my old PB Absolutely stoked

Image

   JpyteeblingJalapeno
Feralas
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Sub 8hrs hype!

Winterspring
User avatar
EU Thunderhorn
25 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 25 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

I will try my best next week. Want to compare troll and orc! :)

Take what you can! Give nothing back!
Image
The Barrens
User avatar
Horde 148 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

@Alenya amazing level 20 time! Promise to get both your new times added soon. (I’m at work on my phone and the tables are iffy to edit via mobile browser.)

Image
Alliance 24 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
1 week ago
Sub 8hrs hype!
So much hype :D

Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
Horde Rogue 3 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Image
my best so far on closed server

   teeblingJpyJalapenos1atanAlenya
The Barrens
User avatar
Horde 148 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

@Kup another very nice time! Will get you added when I can.

Image
Druid Feral
Horde Druid 122 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Sub 2hour lvl 10 is solid.

ImageImage
Winterspring
User avatar
EU Thunderhorn
25 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 25 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

I feel like pleb with my 2h 15m :oops:

Take what you can! Give nothing back!
Image
Felwood
User avatar
EU Grim Batol
22 posts
Horde
Druid
Horde Druid 22 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Very nice times indeed :)

Image
The Barrens
User avatar
Horde 148 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Leaderboards up to date, keep going!

Image
Thunder Bluff
User avatar
US Moon Guard
53 posts
Horde
Druid
Horde Druid 53 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

This thread is hyping me up so much for Classic! You guys better keep updating us so I can live vicariously through y'all!

   Jpy
"May the eternal sun shine upon thee."
Image
The Barrens
User avatar
Horde 148 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Agreed, we have some pretty good runners on the leaderboards. For those of you who haven’t tried a run through the earlier levels of your character with emphasis on leveling as quickly as possible, it’s quite fun and you’ll try harder each time to beat your last time. Honestly, it’s hard to respect what some people have done here until you’ve tried yourself— some of these times are pretty damn impressive.

On another note, of course everyone has a right to keep their strats to themselves, I encourage people to at least post a bit about their run instead of just posting a time. How’d you do compared to your previous runs, what mistakes were made or knowledge you gained from those mistakes? Good luck for future runners, I’ve been a bit busy lately so I just fool around on a 3x rate WotLK server with IRL friends when I get free time.

Image
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Azgalor
45 posts
Alliance
Hunter
Alliance Hunter 45 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?

Image
The Barrens
User avatar
Horde 148 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Solveig wrote:
1 week ago
A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?
Locally. You can probably manage a few people connecting to your server but not many. I’ve only personally used it for solo practicing.

Image
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Azgalor
45 posts
Alliance
Hunter
Alliance Hunter 45 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
1 week ago
Solveig wrote:
1 week ago
A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?
Locally. You can probably manage a few people connecting to your server but not many. I’ve only personally used it for solo practicing.
Are you compiling the base code from LH or is this an actual repack?
Connections to WoW servers use very little, each players roughly a couple of kilobytes, so if you have even a reasonable connection you can actually host quite a large server. But I digress. I'd personally like to get something setup for a frew friends to muck about on, but I cbf going through the cmake process so if there's a decent repack with little setup I'd be keen to know :)

Sorry for thread hijack.

Image
The Barrens
User avatar
Horde 148 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Solveig wrote:
1 week ago
Jpy wrote:
1 week ago
Solveig wrote:
1 week ago
A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?
Locally. You can probably manage a few people connecting to your server but not many. I’ve only personally used it for solo practicing.
Are you compiling the base code from LH or is this an actual repack?
Connections to WoW servers use very little, each players roughly a couple of kilobytes, so if you have even a reasonable connection you can actually host quite a large server. But I digress. I'd personally like to get something setup for a frew friends to muck about on, but I cbf going through the cmake process so if there's a decent repack with little setup I'd be keen to know :)

Sorry for thread hijack.
Nothing to be sorry about, it’s a perfectly relevant question. In fact, I have a link in the original post about how to setup the repack that I use. :biggrin:

E: here’s a direct link.

   kvmphvre
Image
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Azgalor
45 posts
Alliance
Hunter
Alliance Hunter 45 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
1 week ago
Solveig wrote:
1 week ago
Jpy wrote:
1 week ago
Solveig wrote:
1 week ago
A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?
Locally. You can probably manage a few people connecting to your server but not many. I’ve only personally used it for solo practicing.
Are you compiling the base code from LH or is this an actual repack?
Connections to WoW servers use very little, each players roughly a couple of kilobytes, so if you have even a reasonable connection you can actually host quite a large server. But I digress. I'd personally like to get something setup for a frew friends to muck about on, but I cbf going through the cmake process so if there's a decent repack with little setup I'd be keen to know :)

Sorry for thread hijack.
Nothing to be sorry about, it’s a perfectly relevant question. In fact, I have a link in the original post about how to setup the repack that I use. :biggrin:

E: here’s a direct link.

Brilliant, thanks Jpy! Will have a look when I get home :)

   Jpykvmphvre
Image
Mulgore
Horde Rogue 6 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Great thread and initiative! This is so very much up my alley. Not directly because of the speedrunning, but because one of the things I love the most is leveling characters through the early game.

I don't really know why, but I would level tons of characters to around 20-30 back in the day, then start over. I was once playing a troll shaman, and I had just hit 30 and gotten the corpsemaker from RFK which was a big goal of mine - when I rolled a new troll shaman because I wanted blue hair instead.

I recently leveled a shaman to 10 or so on northdale, so I could whip up a screenshot once I get home. Although, I completed the fire totem quest which takes freaking forever, so it's not really representative in a speedrun perspective.

[edit]

Jpy wrote:
1 week ago
Nothing to be sorry about, it’s a perfectly relevant question. In fact, I have a link in the original post about how to setup the repack that I use. :biggrin:

E: here’s a direct link.
Also, damn! Thanks a bunch for the info. Have been wanting to set something up locally for testing purposes. Cheers @Jpy!

   Jpy
I like tea.
Image
Alliance 24 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
1 week ago
On another note, of course everyone has a right to keep their strats to themselves, I encourage people to at least post a bit about their run instead of just posting a time. How’d you do compared to your previous runs, what mistakes were made or knowledge you gained from those mistakes? Good luck for future runners, I’ve been a bit busy lately so I just fool around on a 3x rate WotLK server with IRL friends when I get free time.
Good point, I'll make sure to add some story next time <3

Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
Horde Rogue 3 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
1 week ago
On another note, of course everyone has a right to keep their strats to themselves, I encourage people to at least post a bit about their run instead of just posting a time. How’d you do compared to your previous runs, what mistakes were made or knowledge you gained from those mistakes? Good luck for future runners, I’ve been a bit busy lately so I just fool around on a 3x rate WotLK server with IRL friends when I get free time.
heres my 2 runs on the leaderboards
Rogue on northdale:

Warrior on dead server:

I take a very "grind heavy" approach i think, if you have any tips or something im doing wrong let me know pls
E: i purposely did not use frontstabbing because it will not be relevent in classic.

   s1atanRedzy_TVJpyteebling
The Barrens
User avatar
Horde 148 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Thanks for sharing Kup! Will give these a watch when I get time, a bit busy this morning. I was wondering if you used frontstab when you posted that Rogue time, quite impressive without it m8.

Image
Alliance Mage 5 posts
6 days ago
6 days ago
  •  Unread

Hey, new here, but thought this was interesting, so wanted to join along.

As a start i will just list my 1 - 10 time on Nelf hunter


The run had 3 deaths because i am a clown at times. Also worth noting is that 1-6 was done in 29 min 4 sec.

you can see the video here:



The video is 1-10 + pet training and Darnassus

Its on repacked server, not that it does much difference.

   teeblingSweaterMonsterJpyKupAlenya
The Barrens
User avatar
Horde 148 posts
6 days ago
6 days ago
  •  Unread

@yeyeftw nice time! Will get you added when I have a chance.
E: Leaderboards udated.

Image
Similar topics
to 'Vanilla Speedrunning'
Posts ViewsLast post