- Classic WoW is in a pre-alpha state, mostly all quests done. They started working on dungeons and battlegrouds.
- 17 devs are working on the game, 2 former Nost-devs for assuring authenticity.
- They don't think there will be a long beta phase.
- Only changes: Improved textures and spell effects but still using the old models. Improved view distance and colorblind mode. Battle.net will have some restrictions on PVP servers.
- 8 servers per region, 4 PVP, 2 PVE, 1 RP-PVP and 1 RP-PVE.
- No ingame shop at the start.
- Sub will be included in retail WoW or you pay less for Classic only.
- Launch about April/June 2019.
- There will be an annoucement and gameplay at Blizzcon.
More info at:
Interesting to note this leak was two days prior to the demo at blizzcon being announced which does lend it some credibility!
Mid 2019 launch date 5 pound sub for classic only bnet integration
Awesome news man I reaaally hope I will be around to play this on release.
Yeah must be to prevent people from spying cross-faction. Also perhaps to prevent people from organising rigged WSG/AB games.
3 weeks ago