Horde brank
53
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Well hello there dear fellows,

I was wondering what is your take on using an addon or something that would help with questing, much like it is on retail today.

Don't you feel that genuine thing would be to rely on quest log and general chat? Asking people, explaining stuff. Even without coordinates on world map!

I feel like this would bring just so much more fun, than going to the spot market on your map without having any clue about what is actually happening and clicking on highlighted item which seems random.

What do you think?

- anno 2005.
Thunder Bluff
Horde brank
26
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Personally I use the addon Questie as I don't find much enjoyment in having to spend extra time locating people and areas. However, I try to read the lore and be more immersed whenever there is a longer quest-chain or class specific task.

Duskwood
Alliance brank
11
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Really depends on how you enjoy playing the game. Some people like to relax when they play and just enjoy the atmosphere while slowly grinding away at whatever they're working on. If you're hardcore into exploration or role playing then it makes sense to play blind. I'd be hypocritical if I complained about it being that I was always tabbing out to Allakhazam and Thottbot in the old days. Chances are that I will use Questie come Classic and much like [mention]Rootdancer[/mention] still read lore and take my time.

Ironforge
Horde brank
82
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

I will personally not use a quest helping AddOn, but those that wants to can go for it, of course.

I will rely on muscle memory, and those I cannot fully remember I will simply take my time and read the quest text. I don’t think I will feel in a hurry when finally getting my hands on an official Classic server.

Teldrassil
Alliance Druid brank
108
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

I won't use Questie at least for my first character. I wanna experience as immersive gameplay as possible.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
Thunder Bluff
Horde brank
26
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
7 months ago
I won't use Questie at least for my first character. I wanna experience as immersive gameplay as possible.
How long do you expect it to take you to hit 60? I imagine no Questie and focus on immersion will lengthen the time quite a bit :razz:

Teldrassil
Alliance Druid brank
108
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Rootdancer wrote:
7 months ago

How long do you expect it to take you to hit 60? I imagine no Questie and focus on immersion will lengthen the time quite a bit :razz:
Depends on class choice as well as muscle memory of some of the quests. I'd quess it could even take you 1 more day /played without questie, dunno.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
Elwynn Forest
Alliance brank
21
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Personally not going to use it, at least for a while.

For the Crusade!
Horde brank
53
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

It is actually rather interesting why we sometimes feel like slow leveling is not desirable, and hitting 60 quickly is a goal. The thing is that learning to enjoy the process is key if you want to have fun - especially if you're looking forward to bond with the chosen character.

- anno 2005.
Teldrassil
Alliance Druid brank
108
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Razor wrote:
7 months ago
It is actually rather interesting why we sometimes feel like slow leveling is not desirable, and hitting 60 quickly is a goal. The thing is that learning to enjoy the process is key if you want to have fun - especially if you're looking forward to bond with the chosen character.
Exactly. But for some people who have already leveled through Vanilla countless times, doing the same quests over and over might get boring after some time. It still will be fun but if they are mostly looking forward to minmaxing and getting to top guilds, levelling isn't for them.

I personally will try to immerse myself into the game as deep as possible. Not using quest helper will be one of the key things to do so. I'm gonna play Alliance so it's good that I have only played Horde on private servers so far so I won't have the Alliance quests in fresh mind, so I can explore the world once again.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
Horde brank
53
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
7 months ago
Razor wrote:
7 months ago
It is actually rather interesting why we sometimes feel like slow leveling is not desirable, and hitting 60 quickly is a goal. The thing is that learning to enjoy the process is key if you want to have fun - especially if you're looking forward to bond with the chosen character.
Exactly. But for some people who have already leveled through Vanilla countless times, doing the same quests over and over might get boring after some time. It still will be fun but if they are mostly looking forward to minmaxing and getting to top guilds, levelling isn't for them.
To be honest, I'm not sure I'd resist using some quest helper when leveling for the second or third time on the same faction :smile:

For the first time though, it will feel fresh for sure.

- anno 2005.
Teldrassil
Alliance Druid brank
108
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Razor wrote:
7 months ago

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd resist using some quest helper when leveling for the second or third time on the same faction :smile:

For the first time though, it will feel fresh for sure.
Yea for the next characters, if I'm gonna make any, I will use quest helper for sure.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
Ironforge
Horde brank
82
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

To be honest, I might use this legendary guide for some giggles after I am done with my main.

https://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm

Purely for Horde this one, though. But instead of a quest helping AddOn I'll pop this one up on the second screen :biggrin:

   Markone
Teldrassil
Alliance Druid brank
108
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Firelord wrote:
7 months ago
To be honest, I might use this legendary guide for some giggles after I am done with my main.

https://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm

Purely for Horde this one, though. But instead of a quest helping AddOn I'll pop this one up on the second screen :biggrin:
Will check it out as soon as I get home, can't open certain sites on corporate pc :smile:

They claimed I didn't but I did...
brank
15
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

I'm not going to use it. Used one on a private server and it definitely streamlined everything. But when classic comes out, I want to regress to a clueless 13 year old again with no idea how to min/max hah.

   Markone
Undercity
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
98
brank
Alliance
Alliance brank
98
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Im fine with quest addons.

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Horde brank
53
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Laphroaig wrote:
7 months ago
I'm not going to use it. Used one on a private server and it definitely streamlined everything. But when classic comes out, I want to regress to a clueless 13 year old again with no idea how to min/max hah.
This. Thank you.

Min/maxing is a plague. It's not e-sports competition. We're just a bunch of people trying to have fun.

- anno 2005.
Teldrassil
Alliance Druid brank
108
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Razor wrote:
7 months ago

This. Thank you.

Min/maxing is a plague. It's not e-sports competition. We're just a bunch of people trying to have fun.
Well this happens to any game that gets old, it is natural for people to min max, although I miss the immersive, exploration, roleplay gameplay as well. Hopefully we can experience it again.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
Elwynn Forest
Alliance brank
21
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Laphroaig wrote:
7 months ago
I'm not going to use it. Used one on a private server and it definitely streamlined everything. But when classic comes out, I want to regress to a clueless 13 year old again with no idea how to min/max hah.
Heck yeah

For the Crusade!
The Barrens
brank
67
6 months ago
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Rootdancer wrote:
7 months ago
Personally I use the addon Questie as I don't find much enjoyment in having to spend extra time locating people and areas. However, I try to read the lore and be more immersed whenever there is a longer quest-chain or class specific task.
Pretty much what I was gonna say, dude. Questie is a very useful addon, and whereas some might argue that it 'ruins the game' I personally think it makes the game much more enjoyable.

Light's Hope • Lightbringer • Awaiting Classic WoW

Image
Similar topics
to 'Quest helper - to use or not to use?'
Posts ViewsLast post