My play experience:
- My very first character was an Undead Warlock. I leveled until level 20 or 30 something.
- Then I saw my first shadow priest. They were Undead as well, and goddamn they were COMPLETELY DARK (shadowform). The edgy kid in me loved it and I rolled an undead priest; Gallow. Leveled all the way to 60, did some MC here and there even. Sadly no Anathema :(
- BC came and I went BE Paladin, because I really wanted to play Paladin but not Alliance. My BE Paladin became my main, I did all content except Sunwell (I think our guild killed the first... one or two bosses in there). I was a tank and I loved it.
- My paladin tank stayed as my main till end of Wotlk, cleared literally all content and raid achievements except that no-death Naxx 25 (someone failed dancing... I don't recall who they were but the guild was furious at them hahah) and Yogg 0 keeper. I think we also couldn't manage Mimiron hardmode, not sure.
- I did some dickery in Cata/MoP but WoW was no longer that enjoyable for me at that point, so I went on rolling alt after alt.
- I really want to play as Druid. Because it looks fun, and while they may be "Jack of all trades, master of none", maybe this time around that's fine. I will not see AQ40/Naxx, at most probably AQ20/BWL, so I'm fine with not "top performing". Dungeons are where it's at for me, and some World PvP if I end up going for a PvP server. And Druids were actually great at WPVP with so many tools at their disposal. The "no other res than 30-min res" is a huge turnoff for me though, but maybe if I get a buddy/guildy that plays as a priest or something, that's OK.
- I still consider finishing what I originally started; my Undead Warlock. I don't mind farming for shards, I actually love that aspect of the class; it's a great RPG flavor for me. Also people usually love having a lock at 5mans for the summons/cookies/soulstones, so there's that.
- Speaking of class flavor; motherfucking SHAMAN! I LOVE totems. I love their quests. At first I didn't want to play as healer, but chain heal is such an iconic spell that I may go shaman simply due to that.
- Hunter.. because they are easy to level hah.
- Initially I thought of having a warrior tank, mainly for 5mans and perhaps entry raids. I have (had?) good tanking skills, I even mained an undead warrior tank during cata, and I heard nothing but praise (/humblebrag :p). But that was also Cata; good gear was easy to come by. As well as consumables. Come Classic I won't be able to grind all the consumables etc. to be a top tier tank, so at best I could be a good skilled-meh geared tank and I'm not sure If I want that. The slow leveling aspect is a non-issue for me.
- Classes I'm really not interested in: Mage/Rogue/Priest. Mage and rogue because they are overpopulated as fuck. Priest because I already did that to death.
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Hunter. I like being independent. It's also great to have high value at the start of the content when you are networking and trying to find a guild... You have a lot more bargaining power when you hit 60 fast, have high dps/utility in dungeons and are #1 dps throughout MC. Otherwise I really like PvP on a hunter, it allows for a lot of creativity and potential 1 vs X situations.
Played a human paladin back in 2005, loved it. Still debating whether I want to relive that or start a new adventure.
On the fence of either rolling Paladin, Rogue, Warlock, or Warrior.
Currently thinking Human Priest or N.Elf Hunter.
Will be playing a nelf rogue alongside my wife's nelf hunter. But when she logs im lvling my UD mage.
Chablo - Undead Mage - US Sulfuras
I always loved casters and played priest in Vanilla.
I narrowed it down to Priest or Warlock, so shadow!
Really like the DOT play style so affliction warlock and shadow priest are my cup of tea.
Friends are going horde so either Undead Priest or Undead/Orc Warlock
Going to play on a private server to get a taste/preview of which one I want to main.
I am leaning towards warlock but having that ability to switch to healing is always a good change of pace, so idk want to decide soon though lol
| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 38 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
When I first saw the Infernal in the WoW intro cinematic before vanilla, I knew that's what I wanted to be. I wanted to be that damaging caster that controls powerful demons.
What keeps me wanting to play it again after all these years is the tool kit. Eye of kilrogg, summoning, fear, etc.
Just so stoked.
Leaning towards lock I remember playing in vanilla on my lock and being able to dot someone up and walk away and they would be dead before they could reach me plus fear is a big help but cant decide on a race either human or gnome
Warrior. Because Thunderfury.
Currently I'm really split between undead priest and NF Druid. We will see :)
Warlock, Druid, or Priest.
I like classes with a lot of depth, and I enjoy classes that have utility and/or support roles but aren't complete victims in the open world, but having a bit of a less populated class to play feels nice to, so Warrior, Paladin, Rogue and Mage were already out of the question.
Dispelling people out of CC feels so rewarding and if I play with my friends I'd probably not roll druid for that exact reason. Not being able to dispel magic and watching your friends sit in a full sheep or fear really sucks, so it will be either the Warlock (Felhunter Dispel / Purge) and / or the Priest.
I'd love to play Druid because it's almost my legacy and I've always played it EXCEPT in vanilla, but I want to play group PvP and I dont want to run flags all day and otherwise be kinda on the sidelines, so I will most likely wait until I level a druid.
Warlock is fun because I'd argue it has the most depth of all the classes and is also a BEAST in PvE and PvP, and (being Alliance) is underpopulated and there's not even a single weakness to being a warlock in my eyes.
Priest is similar in that it has a lot of impact in both PvE and PvP and you're not on the sidelines, can stand your own and has some nice shenanigans with Mana Burn and Mind Control.
My friend is deadset on playing a warrior, though and we played PvP together for years, so I think I will probably go with the priest so we can go with the tank+heal combo in PvE and the wreckingball warrior in PvP with a private healer and dispelbot behind him.
Atleast those are the three classes where I feel there's not a single point in the game where you feel absolutely miserable because of your class choice. I felt that way with Rogue, Warrior and Paladin because they get kited so hard and the overall playstyle was a bit onedimensional. Paladin not so much, but I didnt want to look like a clown and leveling one was very boring.
Definitely warrior because they are the OG fantasy class lol.
No original unarmored epic mounts
I plan to 5box so I'm going Warrior, Mage, Hunter, Druid and Shaman - I love pet class and the Maraudon farm, so can't be without a hunter, otherwise warlock would make more sense for summoning.
Warrior because I love the sound of a solid block, but I'll be leveling fury. Mage for utility and because I've never tried AoE farming - seems like a nice challenge. Druid is one of my all-time favourite classes and she'll be tanking up to max level. Shaman for play style and basically one extra melee dps while leveling, especially since IWT seems to be available.
I have odd hours and lots of responsibilities, this way I can enjoy instances whenever it suits me - and take a break in the run anytime the 2½ yo needs me :)
I'll either be playing Paladin or Warlock. Paladin because that's what my main was/is in classic/retail, and Warlock as a "try something new" class (never played casters in Classic).
I will main Undead or Orc Warlock, The class and faction was my first choise wen i joined the game.
I want to go back too those roots and to relive the stacking of soulshards.
Protection warrior most likely, for ease of forming groups for 5 mans. Also because I like the fantasy of a warrior mastering blacksmithing, and having to run brd to craft dark iron stuff for example really tickles my fancy.
I’ve missed professions being more important and much more involved like when I leveled tailoring in bc.
Check out @fendor’s blacksmithing mastery guide if you haven’t already
That guide is awesome and exactly the reason how I stumbled upon this forum while researching blacksmithing as a matter of fact!teebling wrote: ↑5 months agoCheck out @fendor’s blacksmithing mastery guide if you haven’t already
I’m going with the Druid not sure what race yet, but the reasons I am going with Druid I like the shapeshifting and I am always going back and forth from do’s, healing, and tanking on different classes and so I can kind of do all them on a Druid. So then I am not switching characters all the time.
Be prepared to grind a lot of gold if you want to do that on one character regularly though, no dual spec or anything of that matter in Classic.Prezes wrote: ↑5 months agoI’m going with the Druid not sure what race yet, but the reasons I am going with Druid I like the shapeshifting and I am always going back and forth from do’s, healing, and tanking on different classes and so I can kind of do all them on a Druid. So then I am not switching characters all the time.
I’m not against the grind, it is my plan right now but it might change three months from now when classic does release.Slocain wrote: ↑5 months agoBe prepared to grind a lot of gold if you want to do that on one character regularly though, no dual spec or anything of that matter in Classic.Prezes wrote: ↑5 months agoI’m going with the Druid not sure what race yet, but the reasons I am going with Druid I like the shapeshifting and I am always going back and forth from do’s, healing, and tanking on different classes and so I can kind of do all them on a Druid. So then I am not switching characters all the time.
Really excited to try my hand at Warrior tanking, I've mostly played Holy Priest in retail.
At this point I am thinking about any Ally race Priest and Gnome Warrior. I might play both in the end.
2 months ago
Shazzrah or Golemagg? (and why)I'm curious as to why people are deciding on their particular server and which i should choose.woglofungi • 2 months agoKazukii
2 months ago