brank
Alliance
Paladin
Alliance Paladin brank
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Hey cuppa and jyn!

In agreement with both here some minor tweaks that follow the same UI design as the original wouldn’t be unwelcome.

That said I’m sure there are some purists out there who will argue that addons back in the day didn’t imrpove QoL that much, and that addons of a modern standard may be ‘diluting’ the challenge of the game. Thoughts on this guys?

Duskwood
Alliance brank
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

I think things like having ready access to practical and functional party and raid frames in game would be nice. If you count the mail system as UI that absolutely has nothing to do with difficulty and is merely tedious having to send one item at a time. There's just a lack of crucial information on the default frames that I think should be toggled options in what I hope is a completely new Interface Options Menu. The old menu system is archaic and needs updating to at least something that matches what was available in TBC. No game breaking options but just filling in some gaps the game on launch hadn't filled yet. I also much prefer the character sheet information from TBC as it includes vital statistics like Hit and Crit. These aren't things I would argue passionately for but I would be happy to see them refined to something more functional.

Ironforge
Horde brank
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Finesse wrote:
7 months ago
Hey cuppa and jyn!

In agreement with both here some minor tweaks that follow the same UI design as the original wouldn’t be unwelcome.

That said I’m sure there are some purists out there who will argue that addons back in the day didn’t imrpove QoL that much, and that addons of a modern standard may be ‘diluting’ the challenge of the game. Thoughts on this guys?
Personally, I think Blizzard should do what they can to create the game as similar to as it was back then. AddOns, however, is an outside source, community made addition which Blizzard don’t have any control over. Yes, they can probably break AddOns, but then the question is what they should break, and if it is okay for them to break it. If they break one, should they break all?

I don’t mind AddOns, and I don’t think there’s anything Blizzard can do about it.

My silly dream scenario? No AddOns. Not because I hate AddOns, but because I think it would be quite hilarious to keep every player on equal playing field.

Ironforge
Alliance brank
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

[mention]Finesse[/mention]

Heya! I think it would be interesting to play the game without anyone using add-ons. I agree, some do reduce the challenge of the game to a point, so that might be fun to have everyone playing TRUE vanilla.

The reason I do think they should be available is because Blizzard didn't break them during the original vanilla run, so they became part of the vanilla WoW experience, too. I don't have strong feelings either way though.

brank
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

I'm pretty happy with the original UI. So long as I've got my key bindings all set up, then it works just great for me.

Light's Hope • Lightbringer • Awaiting Classic WoW