Page 1 of 1
It’s the Feast of Winter Veil!
From the revelers who will offer you either Fresh Holly, or Mistletoe if you offer them a crisp cool kiss with the /kiss command, to the many vendors that sell fun festive food and drink, including the Holiday Cheesewheel, to the Wondervolt Operators that turn you into a Leper Gnome for a time, and the many holiday quest givers, there are a lot of fun and festive folk to have fun with! Not to mention all of the cool presents you’ll get to open!
You could receive either:
- Fresh Holly – this item turns whatever mount you currently have equipped into a red nosed reindeer for 7 days.
- Mistletoe – this item gives target you choose a +20 buff to their spirit.
While the Fresh Holly is more for looks than anything, the Mistletoe’s massive spirit buffs is invaluable, especially when leveling early on, as it effects both your health and mana regeneration. All classes benefit from this bonus at least somewhat, but the two classes that get the most out of it are Priests, Restoration Druids and Mages. So if you have some Holly and see any of those classes out there, offer them some Winter Veil cheer with the gift of a buff. They will most assuredly appreciate it!
For food and drink, you’ll want to see these fine folks.
- In Ironforge, find Macey Jinglepocket in the commons close to the Ironforge flight path.
- In Stormwind, look for Guchie Jinglepocket right in the center of the Trade District, as you enter the city proper.
- In Orgrimmar, search for Kaymard Copperpinch near the Auction House in the Valley of Strength.
- In Thunder Bluff, seek out Whulwert Copperpinch close to the bank, near the entrance to the bridge to the Hunter’s Rise.
- In Undercity, unearth Jaycrue Copperpinch in the north east corner of the Trade District, near the bank.
All of these vendors sell all of the following fun and festive food and drink during the Feast of Winter Veil.
- Blended Bean Brew
- Graccu's Homemade Meat Pie
- Greatfather's Winter Ale
- Green Garden Tea
- Holiday Cheesewheel
- Spicy Beefstick
- Steamwheedle Fizzy Spirits
If general goods are what you’re after, then it’s these guys you’ll want to see, who are usually right next to their food and drink counterparts.
- In Ironforge, look around for Wulmort Jinglepocket, right next to his cohort Macey in The Commons.
- In Stormwind, keep an eye out for Khole Jinglepocket in the Trade District, nearby his pal Gouchie.
- In Orgrimmar, check with Penney Copperpinch in the Valley of Strength, standing by her buddy Kaymard. (Careful, she’s a penny pincher)
- In Thunder Bluff, search high and low for Seersa Copperpinch, right near her friend Whulwert, next to the bank.
- In Undercity, uncover Nardstrom Copperpinch right next to the bank, standing with his hetero life mate Jaycrue.
All of these vendors sell the following goods in infinite quantities.
- Blue Ribboned Wrapping Paper
- Candy Cane
- Green Ribboned Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Spices
- Holiday Spirits
- Purple Ribboned Wrapping Paper
- Recipe: Egg Nog
- Recipe: Gingerbread Cookie
If you tend to wrap presents that you give at other times of year, such as birthdays, you might want to stock up on the different colors of wrapping paper available at this time of year. It’s only available during The Feast of Winter Veil, and without it you’ll be stuck using the regular wrapping paper from trade good vendors.
These are the introductory quests for the holiday and can be accepted by characters of level 10 or higher.
• For the Alliance the quest is called Greatfather Winter is Here! For the Horde, Surprise! It’s Greatfather Winter is Here! Both quests can be picked up from several of the vendors you’ve likely already spoken to: Macey Jinglepocket, or Wulmort Jinglepocket in Ironforge, and Khole Jinglepocket in Stormwind for Alliance, or Kaymard Copperpinch in Orgrimmar, Whulwert Copperpinch in Thunder Bluff, and Nardstrom Copperpinch in Undercity.
It’s a pretty simple quest and players who pick it up from Macey, Wulmort or Kaymard will find it even simpler. Once you pick it up, head over to Orgrimmar if you’re Horde, or Ironforge if you’re Alliance and turn the quest in to Greatfather Winter.
• He will then have either Treats for Greatfather Winter (Alliance), or Treats for Great-father Winter available. This quest is only slightly less simple than the first. You’ve got to have kind of an ok cooking skill and pick up the ingredients for a Gingerbread Cookie. The Recipe: Gingerbread Cookie can be purchased from Wulmort Jinglepocket in Ironforge, or Penney Copperpinch in Orgrimmar and don’t forget to get 5 Holiday Spices from them too!
After that, head to any inn and grab 5 glasses of Ice Cold Milk and use your cooking skill to make Greatfather Winter 5 Gingerbread Cookies. Take them to him and he will reward you with Smokywood Pastures Gift Pack, which contains 10 each of Mageroyal, Light Leather and Copper Bar, and 4 Bolt of Linen Cloth.
• The next quest you’ll want to check out is The Reason for the Season (Alliance) or The Reason for the Season (Horde) and is a short chain that explains the lore and meaning behind The Feast of Winter Veil. In Ironforge, you’ll want to find Goli Krumn, in Orgrimmar, Furmund. Both can be found near either city’s bank.
• Once you pick up the quest, you’ll be sent to a second NPC, who is a lore keeper within the city. Alliance players are sent to Historian Karnik, who can be found in the cog shaped room inside the Hall of Explorers. For members of the Horde, look for Sagorne Creststrider near the entrance to the main building in the Valley of Wisdom. Once you’ve spoken to either of these NPCs, they will give you a book and you’ll be offered the next quest in the chain.
• In the next quest, The Feast of Winter Veil, Sagorne will send you to Thunder Bluff to speak to Cairne Bloodhoof! How awesome is that? Just hop a ride to the City of Mesas on a Wyvern and get there in no time. Once in Thunder Bluff, seek out the leader of the Tauren in the Elder Rise. For Alliance players, your lore guide, Historian Karnik gives you the quest The Feast of Winter Veil and sends you to see King Magni Bronzebeard! So cool! The Dwarven King is thankfully within Ironforge where you are and can be found in the Throne room. Give them the book you were given and you will be rewarded with 200 Reputation!
The next quests are much more difficult, and can only be accepted by characters of level 60. They rewards for them are rare recipes, only available during the Feast of Winter Veil holiday event.
• This is a chain of quests based on a classic! Alliance players pick up Stolen Winter Veil Treats from Wulmort Jinglepocket in Ironforge, while Hordies can grab Stolen Winter Veil Treats from Kaymard Copperpinch. Both quests send you out to the Alterac Mountains to look for a missing Smokywood Pastures shipment, along with an equally missing Smokywood Pastures Agent! Head out to Growless Cave to find a Strange Snowman, who will give you the next quest.
• Turns out the Strange Snowman is actually Sacks, the missing Smokywood Pastures Agent, who explains that The Abominable Greench has stolen the Winter Veil shipment! If you’re Alliance, he gives you the quest You're a Mean One..., if Horde players come to his rescue, he gives them You're a Mean One.... Both quests send you off to slay the Greench and retrieve the stolen shipment. The Greench can spawn just about anywhere there are yetis in Alterac and announces his presence with a loud yell. So he should be easy to find. He’s also a party-wide kill credit, so be sure to invite some friends to enjoy the holiday slaying!
• Once you’ve slain the Greench, turn in the Stolen Treats to whichever Smokywood Pastures rep gave you the You’re a Mean One…quest and pick up A Smokywood Pastures Thank You! (Alliance) or A Smokywood Pastures Thank You!. Once you have the quest, return to Greatfather Winter in either Orgrimmar or Ironforge, who will reward your good deeds with a Smokywood Pastures Special Gift, which has an about equal chance to contain one of the following:
• Schematic: Snowmaster 9000
• Pattern: Gloves of the Greatfather
• Pattern: Green Holiday Shirt
• Formula: Enchant Weapon - Winter's Might
• Plans: Edge of Winter
• Recipe: Elixir of Frost Power
Which recipe you will get is completely random, so you might get one that you aren’t interested in. If so, don’t fret! Other players are in the exact same boat and your recipe might be just what would makes someone’s Feast of Winter Veil Wonder! If not, they check the AH, where you can likely pick up the one you want and sell the one you have for a profit! Yay commercialism!
Oh and don’t forget that the Recipe: Elixir of Frost Power is of particular use to Mages, so if you have any Mage pals or Guildies, getting them this enchantment might be the perfect Winter Veil gift!
This quest is a lot more difficult than the introductory ones, but easier than the Greench quests. It requires at least level 40 and the reward is 5 Preserved Holly and some nasty fruitcake! Winter Veil! Yeah!
• Last, but certainly not least, we’ve got to go save Winter Veil again, by rescuing Metzen the Reindeer! Horde players speak to Kaymard Copperpinch in Orgrimmar, while Alliance players talk with Wulmort Jinglepocket in Ironforge to pick up Metzen the Reindeer and Metzen the Reindeer respectively. You can use Metzen's Letters and Notes from the satchel provided to glean his location, but Metzen’s been taken to one of two locations: A Dark Iron Camp in the Searing Gorge, or nearby the Southseas Pirates off of the coast of Tanaris, to the East of the Caverns of Time.
Once you find Metzen, sprinkle some of the contents of the Pouch of Reindeer Dust and he’ll fly back to the celebration in either Ironforge, or Orgrimmar. Return to your city as well and turn the quest in to Kaymard, or Wilmort to get your reward of 5 Preserved Holly and 200 Streamwiddle Cartel Rep! To boot, you’ll also receive some Winter Veil mail containing Smokywood Pastures Extra-Special Gift, which itself contains…Graccu's Mince Meat Fruitcake. It’s actually a pretty good, non level specific food, so there’s that.
• If you have completed Metzen the Reindeer and also have a 300 cooking skill, speak with either Kaymard Copperpinch, or Wulmort Jinglepocket again to pick up the quest The Hero of the Day. You’ll be given access to the Holly Preserver, which can turn the Fresh Holly into even more Preserved Holly! Go over to the preserver and turn in 5 gold and a Deeprock Salt. You’ll be rewarded with 5 more Preserved Holly! Just remember that this is a onetime quest and can’t be repeated. .
In Classic WoW, snowballs had two main functions. The practical function that teleported players to the flight master and the really fun function (they even put the fun in function!) that could just mess with your party members. Winter Veil Vendors sell Snowballs throughout the Feast of Winter Veil, but they can also be found in piles of snow located in Winterspring and Alterac Mountains. If you have a high engineering profession, you can also construct a SnowMaster 9000, which is why it’s important to make sure you defeat the Greench and pick up or trade for Schematic: Snowmaster 9000, so that you can.
Don’t forget about the Hardpacked Snowball which can target friends and enemies, and knock your target back. You can only get a Hardpacked Snowball from a Hardpacked Snowdrift within Alterac Valley. You can only carry five of them in your bags at a time and they only last for five minutes.
The red and green Winter Hats are a fun and festive way to celebrate the Feast of Winter Veil. Some random mobs out in the world can sometimes drop them, as well as some specific dungeon bosses. They have absolutely no stats, so don’t wear them into a dungeon, or difficult fight. A pity there’s no Transmogging in Classic, eh?
- The Red Winter Hat drops from the following bosses with a 100% drop rate: War Master Voone in Blackrock Spire, Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in Blackrock Depths and Cannon Master Willey in Stratholme.
- The Green Winter Hat drops from these bosses, also at a 100% rate: Goraluk Anvilcrack in Blackrock Spire, Prince Tortheldrin in Dire Maul and Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance.
Wintervolt Gnome Disguise!
Ever wanted to walk around looking like a half naked, yet incredibly festive gnome? Well Happy Feast of Winter Veil, cause the geniuses over at Smokywood Pastures have done it again! Simply step through one of the following locations and have your Winter Veil dreams finally come true!
- Booty Bay docks, Stranglethorn Vale
- Outside the Gates of Ironforge
- Near Orgrimmar Flight Master
- Near Stormwind Flight Master
- Zeppelin Tower, Tirisfal Glades
- East of Gadgetzan, Tanaris
- Menethil Harbor Docks
Well, that’s it, folks! Hope you found this guide helpful and hope you have a very happy Feast of Winter Veil this year!
Some of them can, like the Elder's quests, but others can't. If you log in next year and the Jinglepockets or Copperpinch's have quest ! above their heads, you should be good to go! Also, all of the quests that are for turning in the Coins of Ancestry can be repeated.
to 'OrinDac's Winter Veil Guide for WoW Classic'Posts ViewsLast post