Posts: 18
Likes: 0
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm trying to take control of world chat on my server. I've been online for almost 12 hours now. If you shift click on the channel name, you can see a list of people in it, with the owner at the top. When that owner logs out, the ownership shifts to the next person on the list.

However, something odd I've noticed it that certain people will log on, and instead of being added to the bottom of the list, they go to a spot near the top. This part is confusing to me. How are they doing this? Is there some sort of priority you can get? Or some way to have your spot saved?

Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 901
Likes: 713
Tauren
Druid
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I assume you are looking to control it to unban some of your friends/alts, or use the power for abuse of the channel for gold blackmailing or similar. I wouldn't spend too much time or energy worrying about custom chat channels. Join the official LFG/World Defense channels from the interface options and be done with it.

   Hunter
ImageImage Lvl 48
ImageImage Lvl 35
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just want to understand how it works. I've been on all night, people log on in the morning and somehow they get placed close to the top of the list. Does it prioritize by level? Someone must know this.

Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 901
Likes: 713
Tauren
Druid
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

g0bledyg00k wrote:
2 weeks ago
I just want to understand how it works. I've been on all night, people log on in the morning and somehow they get placed close to the top of the list. Does it prioritize by level? Someone must know this.
It's probably just in the order that they originally joined the channel. If you joined it 59th then anyone who joined before you that is online, will be ahead of you for the throne. Don't fret, it's just a custom channel.

ImageImage Lvl 48
ImageImage Lvl 35
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
EU Sulfuron
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Orc
Rogue
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

You just have to wait mate :)

Posts: 18
Likes: 0
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
2 weeks ago
g0bledyg00k wrote:
2 weeks ago
I just want to understand how it works. I've been on all night, people log on in the morning and somehow they get placed close to the top of the list. Does it prioritize by level? Someone must know this.
It's probably just in the order that they originally joined the channel. If you joined it 59th then anyone who joined before you that is online, will be ahead of you for the throne. Don't fret, it's just a custom channel.
Really? That's retarded, that means you can't get ownership unless everyone who joined it before me are logged off all at the same time (which never happens)

Loch modan
User avatar
EU Razorgore
Posts: 164
Likes: 95
Dwarf
Warrior
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Its only retarded if you care about having control of the channel. If you have a reasonable request, just ask the current lead to do it.

   Selexin
Elwynn Forest
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 5
Likes: 3
Dwarf
Priest
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

g0bledyg00k wrote:
2 weeks ago
Selexin wrote:
2 weeks ago
g0bledyg00k wrote:
2 weeks ago
I just want to understand how it works. I've been on all night, people log on in the morning and somehow they get placed close to the top of the list. Does it prioritize by level? Someone must know this.
It's probably just in the order that they originally joined the channel. If you joined it 59th then anyone who joined before you that is online, will be ahead of you for the throne. Don't fret, it's just a custom channel.
Really? That's retarded, that means you can't get ownership unless everyone who joined it before me are logged off all at the same time (which never happens)
How is it retarded, though? Seems like a great way to avoid people wreaking havoc

Similar topics
to 'Can someone help me understand how custom chat channels work?'
Posts ViewsLast post