Burning Steppes
User avatar
donator Posts: 22
Likes: 18
Orc
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

SpoilerShow
Mounts. Everyone want them. But no one wants to farm for them.

So I work third shift and I'm an eastern player on a pacific server (Whitemane). When I come home from work early in the am I have a special fishing spot that I use. It's really dead because of the server time. There can be anywhere from 8 to 10 spawns by the time I'm done. Then I hit up a couple more common places.

Usually takes an hour then I go about questing again. I dont make an insane amount of gold doing this or nothing. But as a daily routine it will add up and certainly help before I reach 40.

Anyone else want to share?

   ClassicRaids
Yinn - Orc 2h fury Warrior - Arcanite Reaper :twisted:
Burning Steppes
User avatar
donator Posts: 22
Likes: 18
Orc
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

JollyResolve6 wrote:
2 months ago
Didn't quite have enough gold by 40 and had to borrow some, but I probably would have if I'd managed to get my herbalism going.
Yeah herbs are mad expensive on the AH right now. I have a fear of borrowing gold. I had a bad habit of that my first time in vanilla. When I was a kid and didn't know any better... :lol:

Yinn - Orc 2h fury Warrior - Arcanite Reaper :twisted:
Hunter Survival
User avatar
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Likes: 191
Tauren
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

   Yinn teebling fendor
Burning Steppes
User avatar
donator Posts: 22
Likes: 18
Orc
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Why is that so much?

Yinn - Orc 2h fury Warrior - Arcanite Reaper :twisted:
Hunter Survival
User avatar
US Smolderweb
donator Posts: 241
Likes: 191
Tauren
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Yinn @JollyResolve6

SpoilerShow
Clamette Surprise

Anyone who wanted Artisan Cooking but didn't google this before hand either pays 4g or wastes 30 minutes flying back to their home city. Same goes for the Zest Clam Meat.

Giant Eggs will also get you bank especially from people doing this before level 40 but they're a bit of a PITA to farm.

   Yinn badgirls fendor
Burning Steppes
User avatar
donator Posts: 22
Likes: 18
Orc
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Was wondering because I knew you could buy those at Thousand Needles.

   fendor
Yinn - Orc 2h fury Warrior - Arcanite Reaper :twisted:
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 321
Likes: 212
Alliance
Paladin
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The only thing I've sold on the AH so far have been some smelted bars and a blue 1H axe. For the most part I'm vendoring everything. My level 40 mount will be free so everything is going towards level 60.

   FTHforever Bluddy
Image
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 122
Likes: 85
Undead
Warlock
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I picked up as many Savoury Deviate Delight recipes as I could during the first week, all selling for 20-80s-ish, now theyre worth like 3g each

Image
Image
Image
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Atiesh
donator Posts: 146
Likes: 101
Alliance
Hunter
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Since the market was flooded with underpriced blue items I bought all the twink gear for 1-2g instead of buying my mount at 40.

in a few months I'll relist each item for 30 or 40 times the price.

   teebling Kall Bluddy
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Likes: 341
Undead
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

DoomC wrote:
2 months ago
Since the market was flooded with underpriced blue items I bought all the twink gear for 1-2g instead of buying my mount at 40.

in a few months I'll relist each item for 30 or 40 times the price.
Someone listed a goddamn https://classic.wowhead.com/item=1482/shadowfang on our AH few days ago for 2g.
Not sure if it was a mistake, or it was snatched immediately, but it was gone few seconds later it was put.
Clicking on buy returned the error "This item was not found".

I've dreamt of the days where I could profit from a sale like this, but I wasn't fast enough :sad:

On topic, I've been selling greens/leather to vendor, and ore/ingots on AH. So far I have around 20g at level 32, but I do have 4x12 slot bags!
I need to focus on fishing I guess If I want to get a mount by 40. #warriorlife

Also: Ding 40!

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1320
Likes: 2534
Orc
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
2 months ago
DoomC wrote:
2 months ago
Since the market was flooded with underpriced blue items I bought all the twink gear for 1-2g instead of buying my mount at 40.

in a few months I'll relist each item for 30 or 40 times the price.
Someone listed a goddamn https://classic.wowhead.com/item=1482/shadowfang on our AH few days ago for 2g.
Not sure if it was a mistake, or it was snatched immediately, but it was gone few seconds later it was put.
Clicking on buy returned the error "This item was not found".

I've dreamt of the days where I could profit from a sale like this, but I wasn't fast enough :sad:

On topic, I've been selling greens/leather to vendor, and ore/ingots on AH. So far I have around 20g at level 32, but I do have 4x12 slot bags!
I need to focus on fishing I guess If I want to get a mount by 40. #warriorlife

Also: Ding 40!
What the helllllllllll I wish there were those sorts of people posting on my AH!

Currently I'm sitting on about 20 gold at level 28, which I don't think is bad by any means. I've only spent on profession and spell skillups - no vendor or AH purchases at all. The occasional rare mat I find I'll sell off on the AH but to be honest I'm either banking or vendoring 95% of what I find.

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Likes: 341
Undead
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
2 months ago
What the helllllllllll I wish there were those sorts of people posting on my AH!

Currently I'm sitting on about 20 gold at level 28, which I don't think is bad by any means. I've only spent on profession and spell skillups - no vendor or AH purchases at all. The occasional rare mat I find I'll sell off on the AH but to be honest I'm either banking or vendoring 95% of what I find.
I'm sooo beating myself for not grabbing it! That's much worse lol!
That's like an easy 700-1000g if the buyer has the patience to wait for few months to re-sell the item.
Or you know.... it could be a level 20 rogue browsing the AH and going "oh hey a nice rare weapon for 2g. Finally I can replace my main hand!"...... *shudder*

20g at 28 is more than I had! I was on a roll this weekend by playing the AH a bit. Auctioneer does wonders haha.

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Atiesh
donator Posts: 146
Likes: 101
Alliance
Hunter
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
2 months ago
Someone listed a goddamn https://classic.wowhead.com/item=1482/shadowfang on our AH few days ago for 2g.
Not sure if it was a mistake, or it was snatched immediately, but it was gone few seconds later it was put.
Clicking on buy returned the error "This item was not found".

I've dreamt of the days where I could profit from a sale like this, but I wasn't fast enough :sad:

On topic, I've been selling greens/leather to vendor, and ore/ingots on AH. So far I have around 20g at level 32, but I do have 4x12 slot bags!
I need to focus on fishing I guess If I want to get a mount by 40. #warriorlife

Also: Ding 40!
I checked the AH for blues 17-19 daily for a while, never saw shadowfang. I'm sure there are people using addons sitting in the AH all day waiting to snipe stuff like that. But in reality, I don't think it matters much what you buy. Any twink item is going to go way up in price later, even the bad ones.

Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 173
Likes: 141
Horde
Shaman
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I've sold everything I don't need and I've crafted a lot of Light Armor Kits for 2s - 5s depending on how many are on the AH. I'm only at 2g at level 18

Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
donator Posts: 368
Likes: 130
Troll
Shaman
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
2 months ago

What the helllllllllll I wish there were those sorts of people posting on my AH!

Currently I'm sitting on about 20 gold at level 28, which I don't think is bad by any means. I've only spent on profession and spell skillups - no vendor or AH purchases at all. The occasional rare mat I find I'll sell off on the AH but to be honest I'm either banking or vendoring 95% of what I find.
This is pretty much me, though I've stopped to focus on some areas that felt like they had some really good drops from the mobs. I'm at 36g at level 31. Feel like I could be doing better, but I certainly could be doing worse.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Rogue Assassination
User avatar
US Westfall
donator Posts: 81
Likes: 60
Human
Rogue
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Sitting pretty on 208g at lv 54, had my mount at dead on 40 with 93g in my pockets at the time.

Still bought most of my training and a few misc items on the AH. I've probably made around 40g on the AH and about 10g through friends. Biggest item I've sold was Dreamweave chest for 15g which I farmed the mats for and had my friend craft me for free. Easy $.

Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 940
Likes: 736
Tauren
Druid
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Nothing done yet, I'm not too fazed as a Druid or even Shaman getting mount @ 40. If I get it at 42-43 on Shaman and 45 on Druid I'll be happy. Mount doesn't make or break the enjoyment for me, I'm in no great rush and travel form/ghost wolf will get me by just fine :smile:

ImageImage Lvl 59
ImageImage Lvl 35
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Likes: 341
Undead
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
2 months ago
I'm at 36g at level 31. Feel like I could be doing better, but I certainly could be doing worse.
I'd say that's certainly above average!

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Rogue Combat
User avatar
US Incendius
donator Posts: 23
Likes: 15
Human
Rogue
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

So I was definitely SLACKING and not really taking care BEFORE I hit 40. Once I did hit 40 I literally went for 2 whole levels and did nothing but kill dragon welps, jaguars, gorillas, basilisks. ANYTHING that I could skin and that has good vendor junk to sell. Made my gold in about 5-6 hours from 38 gold to 90 or something.

AH sales and stuff happening at the same time too, but yea. Just kill LOTS of stuff :)

   Yinn
Badgirls - Human Rogue - US Incendius PvP
Image
Image
Rogue Combat
User avatar
US Incendius
donator Posts: 23
Likes: 15
Human
Rogue
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
2 months ago
@Yinn @JollyResolve6
SpoilerShow
Clamette Surprise

Anyone who wanted Artisan Cooking but didn't google this before hand either pays 4g or wastes 30 minutes flying back to their home city. Same goes for the Zest Clam Meat.

Giant Eggs will also get you bank especially from people doing this before level 40 but they're a bit of a PITA to farm.
Now THIS I'm going to have to check out.

Badgirls - Human Rogue - US Incendius PvP
Image
Image
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Faerlina
donator Posts: 1124
Likes: 739
Gnome
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Devilsaurs. Wardens Satff. Essences. Played the AH a bit. Alllllll for an early set of https://classic.wowhead.com/item=14551/ ... handguards which I gladly picked up today. Will be working towards my https://classic.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm next, but arcane crystals are in high demand.

With layering, an epic mount isnt much of a priority for collecting nodes or escaping PvP. And without BG's its not pertinent for winning games... So its a low priority for me right now.

   badgirls
Selexin wrote:
3 weeks ago
I'll have you know we have many resident developers who were involved in the creation of Vanilla WoW that have fantastically fool proof solutions to allll the imaginary problems!!!
Rogue Combat
User avatar
donator Posts: 147
Likes: 54
Undead
Rogue
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I mostly earn gold from the auction house.

Talking about auction house - which AH addon do you use and why? I am using Auctionator. Is it good? I like all the things it offers and I sell 99% things I put in AH, so I would say that it works.

Image
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Likes: 341
Undead
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

atkars wrote:
2 months ago
I mostly earn gold from the auction house.

Talking about auction house - which AH addon do you use and why? I am using Auctionator. Is it good? I like all the things it offers and I sell 99% things I put in AH, so I would say that it works.
Yep, Auctionator is great! Or wait, was that Auctioneer... Anyway I think they are really good if you are serious about making gold.
I just hope they make it actually 100% for Classic. Right now it comes with tons of things not applicable (professions / abilities like milling, the auction duration is wrong etc).

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Ironforge
User avatar
donator Posts: 28
Likes: 17
Alliance
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

First time i went two gathering professions. Skinning and Mining. Sold everything i gathered and bought a mount at 40 no problem. I will probably transition to BS/engi later, once i collect enough buffer gold

|Gutbuster| - Dwarf warrior - Dwarven defender
Server: Zandalar tribe
User avatar
EU Dreadmist
donator Posts: 229
Likes: 260
Horde
2 months ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
2 months ago
Devilsaurs. Wardens Satff. Essences. Played the AH a bit. Alllllll for an early set of https://classic.wowhead.com/item=14551/ ... handguards which I gladly picked up today. Will be working towards my https://classic.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm next, but arcane crystals are in high demand.

With layering, an epic mount isnt much of a priority for collecting nodes or escaping PvP. And without BG's its not pertinent for winning games... So its a low priority for me right now.
Reading through the comments on https://classic.wowhead.com/item=14551/ ... s#comments is hilarious, little did they know:
"*[email protected]#test epic ever"
"this is so bad it makes baby jebus cry :( my first random epic drop ever - but hey, easy 30g"
"What a wretched drop. I was literally bursting with joy when I saw the purple text... And then I saw the details and realized it was utter crap. I'll be lucky to get 20g for it."

   Stfuppercut Selexin
Similar topics
to 'What have you done to make gold?'
Posts ViewsLast post