Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 357
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
1 week ago
Black Monarch wrote:
1 week ago
or I could just press 1 and fix the problem instantly.
Replace all attacks with macros that incorporate /startattack and you'll never have to press any other key to enter auto attack ever again.
That would deliver acceptable results.

Image
Image
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 621
Likes: 456
Gnome
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
1 week ago
Pippina wrote:
1 week ago
Black Monarch wrote:
1 week ago
or I could just press 1 and fix the problem instantly.
Replace all attacks with macros that incorporate /startattack and you'll never have to press any other key to enter auto attack ever again.
That would deliver acceptable results.
What circumstance do you want to press heroic strike, not have enough rage, and not start auto attack?

Pippina - Level 5 Gnome Warrior (alt) | Beardozer - Level 35 Night Elf Druid (Main)
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 621
Likes: 456
Gnome
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
1 week ago
wrote a one button Overpower / Revenge macro but I would like to show it the current available abilities tooltip.

I tried

Code: Select all

#showtooltip [stance:1] Overpower, [stance:2] Revenge
/startatttack
/cast [stance:1] Overpower
/cast [stance:2] Revenge
/cast [stance:3] Battle Stance
But it only shows the tooltip for one ability, even if in the correct stance. Any ideas?
Try this:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip
/startatttack
/cast [stance:1] Overpower
/cast [stance:2] Revenge
/cast [stance:3] Battle Stance
#showtooltip should make it show the tooltip of the first spell it finds. The different stance commands are conditional statements, and it won't display the tooltip for the stance you're not in.

I don't have a warrior right now with those skills, but I did write something similar to test on my druid with stances and it seemed like it worked.

   FTHforever
Pippina - Level 5 Gnome Warrior (alt) | Beardozer - Level 35 Night Elf Druid (Main)
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Arugal
Posts: 266
Likes: 301
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@FTHforever the comma after overpower should be a ; afaik.

   FTHforever
Image
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Deadwind Pass
User avatar
US Herod
Posts: 217
Likes: 111
Orc
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

SpoilerShow
Pippina wrote:
1 week ago
Stupeed wrote:
1 week ago
I just right click on the target, never failed, always worked. Q E R, strafe A/D. Disarm Macro, B Rage Macro.
Best and worst thing about warriors, is that you need a lot of muscle memory. But once you get it, you're a god.
I didn't know anything about /startattack macro, that's a thing to keep in mind now I guess.
If I can give any tip for people in here, use this /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide() to hide the annoying "You're too far away", "Not enough mana" popup on the screen. That's as far as I go on macro knowledge D:
For the longest time I would just force auto-attack with right click every time I needed to. I'd heard about macros forever but never looked into them much. From the beginning of Classic this time around I decided to learn how to use them and man they make a huge fucking difference. You should give it a shot.

Here's an example of a macro I use. Sometimes I want to attack something in bear form, but don't have any rage. I press Maul and nothing happens. I press it again, still no rage, I'm still standing there. I'm sure that as a warrior you know this experience well. I could right click the mob to start attacking it, but I've already lost time and I'm getting behind in threat generation. It's a bad situation all around. So instead of putting maul directly on my action bar, I made a macro that looks like this instead:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip maul
/startattack
/cast maul
I put this on my action bar instead of maul. This time if I go up to a mob and press my maul keybind without enough rage, I at least start swinging. I don't have to spend time to realize that I lack rage, I don't spend time realizing that I need to right click to start attacking, I don't lose any time at all. I immediately start attacking. I don't get my maul because I don't have rage, but I don't waste time just standing there either. No matter how good your muscle memory is, these macros save you time and saved time equates to better performance no matter what role you're in.

Note that the /startattack command starts attack. It does not stop attack. This means that pressing it twice in a row does not cancel auto attack. I bring this up because the stock keybind of 'T' for auto attack does switch auto attack on and off and cycles through on/off every time you press. The /startattack command does not behave this way. Every time you press the button for this macro it will ensure that you are auto attacking.

You should consider replacing every attack on your bar with a macro like the one above. Just replace 'Maul' with the name of whatever your attack is. And note that you just type out the name of attacks with multiple words, no use of quotation marks or anything. For example, this is what Heroic Strike would look like for you:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Heroic Strike
/startattack
/cast Heroic Strike
Also note that if you select the "?" macro icon and start the macro with #showtooltip <name of spell>, then the system will automatically replace the ? icon with the correct icon of the spell named in the #showtooltip command. This happens after you drag it to your action bar and close the macro interface. I just learned this trick last night and it's already saved me a lot of time trying to find the right icon manually.

@Black Monarch you should consider this too because it means you get your attack button off your action bar, you get another keybind back, and you don't lose time having to activate this. Just incorporate it into all of your attacks through macros like this.
I'll use this as soon as I get home for sure ! :D

<WAR>
Herod - PvP
Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
Posts: 111
Likes: 56
Tauren
Druid
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
1 week ago
or I could just press 1 and fix the problem instantly.
Let me introduce you to the 'T' button.

Also, I don't care to go through your insane posting history to find all the mistakes you've made.

   Stfuppercut
Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 357
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Justbe wrote:
1 week ago
I don't care to go through your insane posting history to find all the mistakes you've made.
In other words, you like to talk a lot of shit but can't back it up with evidence.

Image
Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 834
Likes: 647
Tauren
Druid
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
1 week ago
I just tested this, and it works.
Thanks Pip, I'll give it a shot tonight when I get on.

ImageImage
Burning Steppes
User avatar
Posts: 50
Likes: 51
Alliance
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
1 week ago
Justbe wrote:
1 week ago
I don't care to go through your insane posting history to find all the mistakes you've made.
In other words, you like to talk a lot of shit but can't back it up with evidence.
Think you did the work for us with the "Modest Proposal" and block anyone who disagrees with me (paraphrasing) threads...

In all honesty, make your posts, but don't get so surprised when you're met with resistance. New ideas aren't necessarily bad, but trying to alter this game that thousands of us have been trying to get back into the "classic" state likely isn't going to be embraced with open arms. Seriously, it's been over a decade that we haven't had access to this game we loved and missed in any official capacity, and within weeks, folks who clearly aren't the target audience are asking that it be substantially changed. This pushback is amplified by some threads like this that show you're not the most experienced player with classic. Nothing wrong with being new, but perhaps you should take classic for what it is, or find an experience that's more in line with what you're looking for.

Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 834
Likes: 647
Tauren
Druid
6 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
1 week ago
Try this:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip cat form
/cast [stance:1] bear form; [stance:2] aquatic form; [stance:4] travel form
/cast cat form
I just tested this, and it works.
Fuck yeh, works a treat - thanks!

   Pippina
ImageImage
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 161
Likes: 95
Horde
Shaman
5 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I have most my keybinds macroed with startattack, especially for PvP because if someone is lagging or running around you like crazy with either sprint or similar it is hard to right click (Which I usually do when casually leveling because of the predictable movement of the mobs).

So most attacks are macroed, if I maybe want to tag a mob with a melee hit and don't want to waste mana or for what ever reason, I just right click.

Orc Shaman
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 357
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
5 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zanthir wrote:
1 week ago
Think you did the work for us with the "Modest Proposal"
You mean you're too retarded to notice obvious satire? That's your problem, not mine.

Image
Image
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 141
Likes: 91
Night Elf
Hunter
4 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
5 days ago
Zanthir wrote:
1 week ago
Think you did the work for us with the "Modest Proposal"
You mean you're too retarded to notice obvious satire? That's your problem, not mine.
It wasn't satire because you had no point. Satire uses exaggeration and mocking to call out people's inadequacies, all you did was name your post after a piece of famous satire and purpose dumb ideas.

If you were say, making fun of people proposing changes by proposing a bunch of stuff that made it obvious that #nochanges was your logical stance, then it would be satire.

   Stfuppercut
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Raikkan- Human Warlock
Keatts- Human Rogue

-Savages of Grobbulus, prepare yourselves for slaughter.
Moonglade
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 9
Likes: 4
Human
Rogue
4 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I have attack on my hotbar cause I like clicking buttons. I don't really care for using macros, but I'm not being an elitist about it like some people in this thread who adores macros.

Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 428
Likes: 205
Alliance
Priest
4 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Aryvandaar wrote:
4 days ago
I have attack on my hotbar cause I like clicking buttons. I don't really care for using macros, but I'm not being an elitist about it like some people in this thread who adores macros.
It is obvious that you play on PVE server. If you were PVP player, you wouldn't say that.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Moonglade
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 9
Likes: 4
Human
Rogue
4 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
4 days ago
Aryvandaar wrote:
4 days ago
I have attack on my hotbar cause I like clicking buttons. I don't really care for using macros, but I'm not being an elitist about it like some people in this thread who adores macros.
It is obvious that you play on PVE server. If you were PVP player, you wouldn't say that.
I play on a PvP server as well.

Burning Steppes
User avatar
Posts: 50
Likes: 51
Alliance
Warrior
4 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
5 days ago
Zanthir wrote:
1 week ago
Think you did the work for us with the "Modest Proposal"
You mean you're too retarded to notice obvious satire? That's your problem, not mine.
My apologies, I'm used to satire containing humor and wit. I saw neither.

Either way, if you actually read my post, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and have a tempered discussion about your posts. I shan't make that mistake again. Happy shitposting.

Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 357
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
4 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 days ago
It wasn't satire because you had no point. Satire uses exaggeration and mocking to call out people's inadequacies, all you did was name your post after a piece of famous satire and purpose dumb ideas.

If you were say, making fun of people proposing changes by proposing a bunch of stuff that made it obvious that #nochanges was your logical stance, then it would be satire.
No, it was satire, mocking the Legion legendary system, and some people were too dumb to realize it (or did not witness the idiocy that was the Legion legendary system). That's all there is to it.
Zanthir wrote:
4 days ago
My apologies, I'm used to satire containing humor and wit. I saw neither.
Humor is subjective.

Image
Image
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 141
Likes: 91
Night Elf
Hunter
4 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 days ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 days ago
It wasn't satire because you had no point. Satire uses exaggeration and mocking to call out people's inadequacies, all you did was name your post after a piece of famous satire and purpose dumb ideas.

If you were say, making fun of people proposing changes by proposing a bunch of stuff that made it obvious that #nochanges was your logical stance, then it would be satire.
No, it was satire, mocking the Legion legendary system, and some people were too dumb to realize it (or did not witness the idiocy that was the Legion legendary system). That's all there is to it.
Zanthir wrote:
4 days ago
My apologies, I'm used to satire containing humor and wit. I saw neither.
Humor is subjective.
You were obviously proposing the legion legendary system, but what was your point? Everyone hated the legion legendary system, which is why we came to classic. So you were proposing the putting that system in classic because..... ?

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Raikkan- Human Warlock
Keatts- Human Rogue

-Savages of Grobbulus, prepare yourselves for slaughter.
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 357
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
4 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
4 days ago
You were obviously proposing the legion legendary system, but what was your point? Everyone hated the legion legendary system, which is why we came to classic. So you were proposing the putting that system in classic because..... ?
Do you know what sarcasm is?

Do you know what mockery is?

Image
Image
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 141
Likes: 91
Night Elf
Hunter
4 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
4 days ago
Telvaine wrote:
4 days ago
You were obviously proposing the legion legendary system, but what was your point? Everyone hated the legion legendary system, which is why we came to classic. So you were proposing the putting that system in classic because..... ?
Do you know what sarcasm is?

Do you know what mockery is?
Yes I do, but I don't feel like you do. Let's investigate.

sar·casm
/ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt

mock·er·y
/ˈmäk(ə)rē/
noun
teasing and contemptuous language or behavior directed at a particular person or thing.

Your "satire" post used neither teasing nor contemptuous language, so it does not appear to be mockery. I believe you thought you were being ironic, but you weren't, so it wasn't really sarcasm.

Hmm...

i·ro·ny1
/ˈīrənē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

You were close, but to express your meaning, you would have needed to have a point. Which brings us back to my original question, what was your point?

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Raikkan- Human Warlock
Keatts- Human Rogue

-Savages of Grobbulus, prepare yourselves for slaughter.
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 357
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
2 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Last night, I showered for the first time since Classic launched. I feel like I really accomplished something and am getting my life together.

Telvaine wrote:
4 days ago
but to express your meaning, you would have needed to have a point. Which brings us back to my original question, what was your point?
That the Legion legendary system was retarded, and if you had suggested it to the 2004 dev team, they would have thought you were on drugs.

Image
Image
Paladin Protection
User avatar
US Deviate Delight
Posts: 122
Likes: 99
Human
Paladin
2 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

As much as the dude needs to calm down it was clearly a baited shitpost in regards to the legendary system.

With that though, as much as I enjoy shitposts, it has a time and place. This forum is mostly used as a go-to place for quick advice, tips, guides and overall sharing the game experience. It's not like Something Awful where you can spam shitpost threads, I don't think its appropriate for this type of forum and only clutters the important stuff from the public view. If you want to comment on threads with random shit then sure but spitting our threads is kinda rude.

   Gallow
Image
Similar topics
to 'When your guild notices that you have no life'
Posts ViewsLast post