Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 829
Likes: 642
Tauren
Druid
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
1 week ago
Image
No berserker stance? I thought you were way ahead of your guild?

ImageImage
Hunter Marksman
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 954
Likes: 623
Alliance
Hunter
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I love that he kept attack on his bar and that its bound to 1. Says everything about him.

Thats the great thing about vanilla, you only need to see a sliver of someones screen to deduce exactly what kind of player youre dealing with.

   JollyResolve6 d3aths rijndael Kall
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 354
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
1 week ago
No berserker stance? I thought you were way ahead of your guild?
I've been sitting on this screenshot for a while. I did the Affray yesterday.
Stfuppercut wrote:
1 week ago
I love that he kept attack on his bar and that its bound to 1. Says everything about him.
One of the annoying things about Classic is that autoattack keeps spontaneously turning itself off. I have autoattack exactly where I need it. The mushrooms and other crap on my action bar got moved off.

Image
Image
Hunter Marksman
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 954
Likes: 623
Alliance
Hunter
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
1 week ago
One of the annoying things about Classic is that autoattack keeps spontaneously turning itself off. I have autoattack exactly where I need it. The mushrooms and other crap on my action bar got moved off.
Sooooo casual.... hahahaha. If only he knew.

   rijndael
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 354
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Knew what? Do you only come to these forums to be an asshole and to shit all over other people or do you have useful information to contribute?

   Vlostek bunkbed209 Kall Undeadlock Winco
Image
Image
Burning Steppes
User avatar
Posts: 49
Likes: 50
Alliance
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

If autoattack is turning off for you, I'd recommend adding /startattack as a macro on your activated abilities rather than wasting a keybind for it.

Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 237
Likes: 108
Horde
Shaman
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zanthir wrote:
1 week ago
If autoattack is turning off for you, I'd recommend adding /startattack as a macro on your activated abilities rather than wasting a keybind for it.
this should be a tip on the loading menus...

   rijndael daisyKutter
Image  Image  Image  Image
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/caperfin
Burning Steppes
User avatar
Posts: 49
Likes: 50
Alliance
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
1 week ago
Zanthir wrote:
1 week ago
If autoattack is turning off for you, I'd recommend adding /startattack as a macro on your activated abilities rather than wasting a keybind for it.
this should be a tip on the loading menus...
I sincerely believe this should be baked in functionality to any melee ability. I can't think of a scenario where I try to Mortal Strike, don't have enough rage, and don't want to autoattack. But that doesn't go with #nochanges though...

Hunter Marksman
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 954
Likes: 623
Alliance
Hunter
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just think that its ironic that people like @Black Monarch have such big ideas on how Classic should function or how the future of Classic should be, when they clearly dont have the basics of the current game. Its just hilarious to me. Posts like this just absolutely drain someones credibility.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with being new and not knowing things about the game. But if you want to present like an informed player and try and post about your big ideas for Classic, you need to be informed. If you arent informed, stop making posts and go play the game... Go learn. Then come back when you have an informed opinion and make posts about your big ideas.

Its a personal pet peeve of mine. I argue with people about layering who havent abused layering. I argue with people about the difficulty of raids, who have not raided in vanilla, private or Classic. If you are not informed, go get informed and then come back and talk.

   Lendryn
Alterac Valley
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 96
Likes: 78
Tauren
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zanthir wrote:
1 week ago
I sincerely believe this should be baked in functionality to any melee ability. I can't think of a scenario where I try to Mortal Strike, don't have enough rage, and don't want to autoattack. But that doesn't go with #nochanges though...
Yes, and almost every time I get a new ability as a warrior I write a macro.

An example for Disarm

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Disarm
/startattack
/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Disarm
corrected, thanks to @Gallow

What does it do?
Line 1 show the tooltip for the ability, line 2 start autoattacking, line 3 cast Defensive Stance if not already in it and finally line 4 disarm the target.

Macros are awesome, use them!

   Faendor teebling
Druid Feral
User avatar
Posts: 108
Likes: 54
Tauren
Druid
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 week ago
Sooooo casual.... hahahaha. If only he knew.
Yea that is a rough looking actionbar there.

Do you keyboard turn and backpedal as well?

Sorry black, but Stfu is right. Your posts here have constantly been misinforned and show a general lack of understanding about what classic wow was and is. It's why I kept commenting on your posts about shit posting to level 60. This is one such post.

Horde | Druid | Incendius | Cowligula
Deadwind Pass
User avatar
US Herod
Posts: 217
Likes: 111
Orc
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I just right click on the target, never failed, always worked. Q E R, strafe A/D. Disarm Macro, B Rage Macro.
Best and worst thing about warriors, is that you need a lot of muscle memory. But once you get it, you're a god.
I didn't know anything about /startattack macro, that's a thing to keep in mind now I guess.
If I can give any tip for people in here, use this /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide() to hide the annoying "You're too far away", "Not enough mana" popup on the screen. That's as far as I go on macro knowledge D:

<WAR>
Herod - PvP
Image
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 619
Likes: 455
Gnome
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stupeed wrote:
1 week ago
I just right click on the target, never failed, always worked. Q E R, strafe A/D. Disarm Macro, B Rage Macro.
Best and worst thing about warriors, is that you need a lot of muscle memory. But once you get it, you're a god.
I didn't know anything about /startattack macro, that's a thing to keep in mind now I guess.
If I can give any tip for people in here, use this /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide() to hide the annoying "You're too far away", "Not enough mana" popup on the screen. That's as far as I go on macro knowledge D:
For the longest time I would just force auto-attack with right click every time I needed to. I'd heard about macros forever but never looked into them much. From the beginning of Classic this time around I decided to learn how to use them and man they make a huge fucking difference. You should give it a shot.

Here's an example of a macro I use. Sometimes I want to attack something in bear form, but don't have any rage. I press Maul and nothing happens. I press it again, still no rage, I'm still standing there. I'm sure that as a warrior you know this experience well. I could right click the mob to start attacking it, but I've already lost time and I'm getting behind in threat generation. It's a bad situation all around. So instead of putting maul directly on my action bar, I made a macro that looks like this instead:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip maul
/startattack
/cast maul
I put this on my action bar instead of maul. This time if I go up to a mob and press my maul keybind without enough rage, I at least start swinging. I don't have to spend time to realize that I lack rage, I don't spend time realizing that I need to right click to start attacking, I don't lose any time at all. I immediately start attacking. I don't get my maul because I don't have rage, but I don't waste time just standing there either. No matter how good your muscle memory is, these macros save you time and saved time equates to better performance no matter what role you're in.

Note that the /startattack command starts attack. It does not stop attack. This means that pressing it twice in a row does not cancel auto attack. I bring this up because the stock keybind of 'T' for auto attack does switch auto attack on and off and cycles through on/off every time you press. The /startattack command does not behave this way. Every time you press the button for this macro it will ensure that you are auto attacking.

You should consider replacing every attack on your bar with a macro like the one above. Just replace 'Maul' with the name of whatever your attack is. And note that you just type out the name of attacks with multiple words, no use of quotation marks or anything. For example, this is what Heroic Strike would look like for you:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Heroic Strike
/startattack
/cast Heroic Strike
Also note that if you select the "?" macro icon and start the macro with #showtooltip <name of spell>, then the system will automatically replace the ? icon with the correct icon of the spell named in the #showtooltip command. This happens after you drag it to your action bar and close the macro interface. I just learned this trick last night and it's already saved me a lot of time trying to find the right icon manually.

@Black Monarch you should consider this too because it means you get your attack button off your action bar, you get another keybind back, and you don't lose time having to activate this. Just incorporate it into all of your attacks through macros like this.

Pippina - Level 5 Gnome Warrior (alt) | Beardozer - Level 35 Night Elf Druid (Main)
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Arugal
Posts: 265
Likes: 301
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
1 week ago
#showtooltip Disarm
/startattack
/cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance
/cast Disarm
Is there any reason why "[nostance:2]" is added?
I understand what it does, I just can't see any reason why to include it.

Stances are off the Global Cooldown, so if you just have

Code: Select all

/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Disarm
it's instant.

If you are already in Defensive Stance, it will not try to cast it again.
If you are in stance 1 or 3, it will cast it and instantly cast Disarm.

So to me the "[nostance:2]" seems redundant. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Image
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Rogue Assassination
User avatar
OC Arugal
Posts: 77
Likes: 59
Human
Rogue
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

A trick I learnt very early on in the piece is moving auto-attack to a vacant bind location (or onto its own separate bar (thanks actionbar addons)) and then move it to the tilde key. This way I can tell at a glance if I'm auto-attacking or not, and if I'm not it's on an easy enough to reach bind that I also wouldn't normally use.

I mostly say this if you don't want to have to write a macro for every ability. I found this to be a very easy and elegant way to sort AA.

Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 829
Likes: 642
Tauren
Druid
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Gallow I need some assistance in a macro to switch forms, or drop to human form if you press the form button you are already in.

Usually I would do:
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast Bear Form

This will instantly shift you from cat to bear, but the problem is if you are already in bear form, it will cancel and re-enter bear form, rather than just exiting out to human form. I just need a check to perform "if bear form, cancel form" "if anything else, cancel form, then enter bear form"

I did a little bit of digging around, but any assistance would be great - will save my some precious milliseconds during PvP fights.

ImageImage
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Arugal
Posts: 265
Likes: 301
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

@Selexin Each stance for Druid (as well as Warrior) is numbered.
I think for Droods they are as follows:

0:No stance (Tauren/Troll form ;D)
1:Bear (or Dire bear)
2:Aquatic
3:Cat
4: Travel
5:Moonkin (or .... Tree..? Is that a thing in classic?)

Anyway! Now that we know the numbers for each stance, you can do the following:

/cast [nostance:1] Bear Form
which means, if you are NOT in stance 1 (Bear), cast bear form!

This can be applied to anything:
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form
-----------------
The [XXX] is a modifier. You can do cool things like

/cast [stance:1] Maul; [stance:3] Claw
Which will cast Maul if you are Bear, or Claw if you are a cat.

There are tons of other modifiers out there (such as holding alt/shift/control to do other abilities) so go look for em! :D
---------
But,

Selexin wrote:
1 week ago
"if bear form, cancel form" "if anything else, cancel form, then enter bear form"
Not sure if "cancelform" can be "/cast"...
try either
/cast [stance:1] cancelform
or
/[stance:1] cancelform
or
/cancelform [stance:1]

Once you sort that out, you can write the remaining!

Image
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 829
Likes: 642
Tauren
Druid
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
1 week ago
Once you sort that out, you can write the remaining!
Yeh i'll do some testing tonight I think. I want to replace my form keybinds to be form macro keybinds so i can instant switch between forms, but also use the same button to exit the form if im already in it. I don't want to have to cast a spell to break form (like just talking to an NPC I need to exit form and i dont want to cast something to help 'cancelform'. I need a spell that essentially is 'Human Form' that I can cast haha, that will make it easy.

/cast [nostance:1] Bear Form, Human Form

Which is "If I'm not in bear form, get into it.... Otherwise, human form! Testing required.

ImageImage
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Arugal
Posts: 265
Likes: 301
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Here is a good reddit thread for druid macros!
I'm using the same author's warrior macros. They are quite complicated though, and you'll need a (new) muscle memory to pull some of them off.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... y_with_my/

Image
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 829
Likes: 642
Tauren
Druid
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
1 week ago
Here is a good reddit thread for druid macros!
I'm using the same author's warrior macros. They are quite complicated though, and you'll need a (new) muscle memory to pull some of them off.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... y_with_my/
Yeh I have seen these style of modifier keys to provide lots of options. I already use 1, alt+1, shift+1 and if necessary can do ctrl+1. Instead of putting it in 1 macro, i use bars to show the abilities individually and keybind them separately to have a visual reference to what is off-cooldown, mana available etc.

My macros/mousover macros etc. are currently being learned/expanded on my druid and shaman. I didn't rely on them in vanilla, but want to utilise some of them now, they are good but I am still learning all the syntax/rules/restrictions on macros.

ImageImage
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 354
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Right-clicking on the target might work in an environment with very little clutter, but it's unsuitable for chaotic situations. When I don't even know where my mouse cursor is on the screen, it'll take me a second or two of waving the mouse around to find it, and then more time to mouse over the correct enemy and click... or I could just press 1 and fix the problem instantly.

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 week ago
To be clear, there is nothing wrong with being new and not knowing things about the game. But if you want to present like an informed player and try and post about your big ideas for Classic, you need to be informed. If you arent informed, stop making posts and go play the game... Go learn. Then come back when you have an informed opinion and make posts about your big ideas.
WHAT BIG IDEAS? Name one "big idea" that I've had for classic. Just fucking ONE. You can't, because I haven't had any.
Justbe wrote:
1 week ago
Do you keyboard turn and backpedal as well?
No.
Justbe wrote:
1 week ago
Your posts here have constantly been misinforned
That's super ironic considering that you started your post with a false assumption. Piss off and keep your lies to yourself.
Justbe wrote:
1 week ago
show a general lack of understanding about what classic wow was and is.
Wrong again. Are you trying to set some kind of forum record for most times being wrong in a single post? Name one time when I said something about Classic WoW that turned out to not be true. I'll sit here and wait.

Image
Image
Alterac Valley
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 96
Likes: 78
Tauren
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gallow wrote:
1 week ago
FTHforever wrote:
1 week ago
#showtooltip Disarm
/startattack
/cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance
/cast Disarm
Is there any reason why "[nostance:2]" is added?
I understand what it does, I just can't see any reason why to include it.

Stances are off the Global Cooldown, so if you just have

Code: Select all

/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Disarm
it's instant.

If you are already in Defensive Stance, it will not try to cast it again.
If you are in stance 1 or 3, it will cast it and instantly cast Disarm.

So to me the "[nostance:2]" seems redundant. Or maybe I'm missing something?
Well, this could be indeed redundant in this case.

Speaking of macros, I wrote a one button Overpower / Revenge macro but I would like to show it the current available abilities tooltip.

I tried

Code: Select all

#showtooltip [stance:1] Overpower, [stance:2] Revenge
/startatttack
/cast [stance:1] Overpower
/cast [stance:2] Revenge
/cast [stance:3] Battle Stance
But it only shows the tooltip for one ability, even if in the correct stance. Any ideas?

Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 619
Likes: 455
Gnome
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
1 week ago
Yeh i'll do some testing tonight I think. I want to replace my form keybinds to be form macro keybinds so i can instant switch between forms, but also use the same button to exit the form if im already in it. I don't want to have to cast a spell to break form (like just talking to an NPC I need to exit form and i dont want to cast something to help 'cancelform'. I need a spell that essentially is 'Human Form' that I can cast haha, that will make it easy.

/cast [nostance:1] Bear Form, Human Form

Which is "If I'm not in bear form, get into it.... Otherwise, human form! Testing required.
Try this:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip cat form
/cast [stance:1] bear form; [stance:2] aquatic form; [stance:4] travel form
/cast cat form
I just tested this, and it works.

Break it down:

Code: Select all

#showtooltip cat form
Show the tooltip for cat form when you mouseover the macro.

Code: Select all

/cast [stance:1] bear form; [stance:2] aquatic form; [stance:4] travel form
Basically if you cast a form you are already in, then it cancels the form. So this line checks for certain forms and cancels the form if you're in one.

- If you're in bear form, cancel bear form by casting bear form
- If you're in aquatic form, cancel aquatic form by casting aquatic form
- If you're in travel form, cancel travel form by casting travel form

Code: Select all

/cast cat form
Now that we have checked for other stances, cast cat form.

- If you are in cat form, then it returns you back to Night Elf / Tauren form.
- If you are not in cat form, then you will enter cat form.

End result is it lets you shift directly to cat form from any other stance, and if you're already in cat form, it drops form. If you're not in any form, it gives you cat form.

Just tweak the numbers and spell names to adopt macros for the other stances.

Pippina - Level 5 Gnome Warrior (alt) | Beardozer - Level 35 Night Elf Druid (Main)
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 619
Likes: 455
Gnome
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
1 week ago
or I could just press 1 and fix the problem instantly.
Replace all attacks with macros that incorporate /startattack and you'll never have to press any other key to enter auto attack ever again.

   Gallow
Pippina - Level 5 Gnome Warrior (alt) | Beardozer - Level 35 Night Elf Druid (Main)
Similar topics
to 'When your guild notices that you have no life'
Posts ViewsLast post