User avatar
Posts: 285
Likes: 47
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

PuzzlesGaming22 wrote:
1 year ago
@Knoll, as an avid player since the original Vanilla, I have seen the good and bad. Blizzard does care about its fan base and does take into account compared to other MMORPGS on PC. Everyone has opinions but you shouldnt knock people for liking expansions. That's saying hey you like Destiny but dont get expansions because they suck. I agree some aspects of each expansion are were bad but a lot of good came from them too. I've meet a lot of people online and even met several in RL. I've chatted with my friends about how cool it would be if Blizzard relaunched Wow Vanilla v.2. Once they did, I was worried about all the updates of every day almost for like 30+ of server maintenance. I get the queues but they are handling that with more servers.

Look, I got into WoW due to Warcraft games especially 3. I dreamed of the day I could be like Illidan and got my wish. I dreamed of different dungeons and raids of which especially in TBC was phenomenal. I wanted to have my own Stronghold as well as Shipyard. Yes, I know it killed the economy a bit, but for someone who started WoW at 20 years old and was in the Navy stationed in Japan, my friends back home and new friends I met online kept in touch.

Honestly, I don't tell people off but you had some good points but also some crappy ones.

1. Vanilla or any MMORPG is going to be grindy. If you dont want that , then play Fort Nite or Candy Crush.

2. TBC had great lore as well as dungeons and such, you're crazy for thinking not so.

3. If you dont like it, stop blasting it and others for likening or even loving this concept of them bringing back classics of when they had a lot of balances on a certain version.

4. If you're so against WoW then get the F off and go annoy a bunch of other players
in that game in particular.

5. Thank you and have a great day.

Puzzles aka Elinkz,
U.S. Navy Veteran
The truth hurts sometimes.

Druid Restoration
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 969
Likes: 773
Tauren
Druid
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

PuzzlesGaming22 wrote:
1 year ago
If you're so against WoW then get the F off and go annoy a bunch of other players
in that game in particular.
Thankfully Gnoll has a 7 day ban for being incessantly annoying about the same topics over and over. The dude needs a break and reality check. Unfortunately I think he will be using these 7 days to formulate the next thread about why expansions suck, but how his ridiculous ideas for classic+ will work much better.

When you find out he has been banned from the WoW forums 20 times and buys Diablo battlechests to make more accounts to circumvent that, you know he has some serious and unresolved issues.

   Stfuppercut
ImageImage Lvl 60
ImageImage Lvl 43
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1218
Likes: 808
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
1 year ago
PuzzlesGaming22 wrote:
1 year ago
If you're so against WoW then get the F off and go annoy a bunch of other players
in that game in particular.
Thankfully Gnoll has a 7 day ban for being incessantly annoying about the same topics over and over. The dude needs a break and reality check. Unfortunately I think he will be using these 7 days to formulate the next thread about why expansions suck, but how his ridiculous ideas for classic+ will work much better.

When you find out he has been banned from the WoW forums 20 times and buys Diablo battlechests to make more accounts to circumvent that, you know he has some serious and unresolved issues.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! I fucking love you @Selexin . We have 7 days to compose ourselves and take a mental break before he attacks. Prepare yourselves.

I'm actually shocked with how lenient moderation has been with some of these guys. Duki, Monarch and Gnoll have had free reign to go full blown retard for months on end. Significantly decreased overall post quality.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
9 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Mulgore
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 193
Likes: 164
Tauren
Shaman
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

"The reign of the Gnoll" could actually make a good title for a fantasy book :D

Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)


Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
  • Fendor - Tauren Shaman
  • Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
  • Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1328
Likes: 2502
Orc
Warrior
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 year ago
I'm actually shocked with how lenient moderation has been with some of these guys. Duki, Monarch and Gnoll have had free reign to go full blown retard for months on end. Significantly decreased overall post quality.
People should have free reign to express their opinions, however unpopular they may be. That's what forums are for: discussion. Gnoll wasn't banned because he was annoying or had low 'post quality' but because he couldn't keep his ideas to one location and kept on making new threads which he was warned about.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1218
Likes: 808
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
1 year ago
People should have free reign to express their opinions, however unpopular they may be. That's what forums are for: discussion. Gnoll wasn't banned because he was annoying or had low 'post quality' but because he couldn't keep his ideas to one location and kept on making new threads which he was warned about.
The same logic could be applied to Dukis posts that spam the same videos repeatedly... Over and over and over... The same logic could/should be applied to Monarchs posts, he often creates several new threads within a 5 min time span, all of which are spammy, none of which are quality. Though they each post terribly in their own way, it is all the same in the end in my eyes. Just my 2 cents.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
9 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1328
Likes: 2502
Orc
Warrior
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 year ago
teebling wrote:
1 year ago
People should have free reign to express their opinions, however unpopular they may be. That's what forums are for: discussion. Gnoll wasn't banned because he was annoying or had low 'post quality' but because he couldn't keep his ideas to one location and kept on making new threads which he was warned about.
The same logic could be applied to Dukis posts that spam the same videos repeatedly... Over and over and over... The same logic could/should be applied to Monarchs posts, he often creates several new threads within a 5 min time span, all of which are spammy, none of which are quality. Though they each post terribly in their own way, it is all the same in the end in my eyes. Just my 2 cents.
What logic? I didn’t say shit about logic, stop with the strawman argument lmao. I didn’t say anything about duki, and he has always asked me about creating new threads and actually been okay to deal with - do not strawman him into this just because you don’t agree with him.

I didn’t say anything about BM either, again, strawmanned in by you. BM makes topics which are usually varied in subject and thought provoking. Just because you disagree with him and have an opinion about his posts doesn’t mean he should be banned.

This is why people like you should never be mods, because you would just ban everyone you dislike in the belief that you’re making the place better somehow by removing unwanted voices.

   Pluuf Black Monarch
Hunter Marksman
User avatar
EU Zandalar Tribe
Posts: 85
Likes: 74
Night Elf
Hunter
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Love the transparancy you display here @teebling; keep it up.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1218
Likes: 808
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
1 year ago
What logic? I didn’t say shit about logic, stop with the strawman argument lmao. I didn’t say anything about duki, and he has always asked me about creating new threads and actually been okay to deal with - do not strawman him into this just because you don’t agree with him.
I think these people are the same. I think Duki spamming the same videos, 20 times on a thread and derailing valuable conversations is just as disruptive as repeating the same topics like Gnoll. These actions are similar / the same. Monarch creates mutliple threads in short succession and spams the site with useless, low effort posts. Yet Gnoll was banned for 7 days for posting the same repetitive garbage. All 3 of these posting behaviors have the same outcome... Repetitive, spammy, low quality trash that reduces the overall quality of the forum. This is not a strawman, this is drawing attention to the fact that moderation is not administered in the same way consistently. This is also drawing attention to the fact that these three users have very similar behaviors.

For example, often times threads or posts are ghost removed. We have seen numerous instances of this in the past... Some of the more problematic members post bannable content, yet their posts are deleted and nothing is said, only for them to continue posting useless garbage immediately after. Most notably user Rayaleith posted numerous bannable posts and those were stealth removed, removing other posts attached and nothing was said. I just find severe inconsistencies with moderation on the site.

I agree with your decision to ban Gnoll. But if this is your stance, the same logic should be applied to the other two to maintain consistency. I'm not bringing up Duki or Monarch to distract from the topic, nor am I introducing these two in an effort to "win" a debate. I find it silly that one person gets banned for 7 days for behaving in a socially retarded manner, while the other two do not. I dont like Gnoll. I am glad he is out of our hair for 7 days, but why doesnt this same moderation get applied to the other two? They are the same.
teebling wrote:
1 year ago
This is why people like you should never be mods, because you would just ban everyone you dislike in the belief that you’re making the place better somehow by removing unwanted voices.
I have never asked for moderation, nor would I have accepted it if offered. We have had previous chats about your application of moderation on the site, and our values do not align, therefore we would have a lot of tension if we were to moderate together.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
9 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Westfall
Posts: 228
Likes: 157
Dwarf
Hunter
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

This topic has gone severely off-topic.

Let's all just drop it and move on.

Image
Community Manager | Moderator | WoW Classic Noob
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1328
Likes: 2502
Orc
Warrior
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 year ago
I agree with your decision to ban Gnoll. But if this is your stance, the same logic should be applied to the other two to maintain consistency.
My decision to ban Gnoll was because he was instructed not to create threads about the same thing. It has nothing to do with what I think about the thread contents. It is because he was making multiple threads about the same thing. Not because of the things he said inside the topics. Maybe a third repetition will help drive this into your thick skull:

Gnoll was banned because he made multiple threads about the same subject.

Gnoll was not banned because of the content of his threads, or my opinion of them.

I'll make it bigger, maybe that will help?

Gnoll was banned because he made multiple threads about the same subject.

Gnoll was not banned because of the content of his threads, or my opinion of them.


I really think you have a big problem here which you need to address if you want to have actual debates with people in the future - I've mentioned it a few times before but maybe you never bothered to learn about it, so here is a definition from the dictionary which will set you up:

noun: strawman
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.


You are misrepresenting me by saying that I should 'apply the same logic' (not my logic by the way, your logic which you purport to me having). You refer to this logic as if I agree with what you say. I don't agree with what you say. This is called 'attacking the straw man' - which is basically making up something and attacking that whilst addressing someone instead of actually disagreeing with them about the point in question.

To summarise for you - Gnoll was banned because he was warned about posting multiple threads having the same contents. Do you disagree with this? Or are you just angry at other forum members and want to use this as an outlet for your subjective opinions about them? This has nothing to do with your opinions on them because you are not a moderator and therefore not in a position to tell people what they should and shouldn't post. If you think they post crap then just deal with it, it's not my problem. I'm here to keep the forum clean and organised, I am NOT here to divert discussion in one way or another.

   Gensei Black Monarch
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 409
Likes: 127
Undead
Warrior
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 year ago
I'm actually shocked with how lenient moderation has been with some of these guys. Duki, Monarch and Gnoll have had free reign to go full blown retard for months on end. Significantly decreased overall post quality.
The only people I've seen go "full retard" on this forum have been you, nochanges2, and JustBe.
Stfuppercut wrote:
1 year ago
Duki spamming the same videos, 20 times on a thread and derailing valuable conversations is just as disruptive as repeating the same topics like Gnoll. These actions are similar / the same. Monarch creates mutliple threads in short succession and spams the site with useless, low effort posts.
The only "useless, low-effort posts" that I've seen on this forum have been from you, nochanges2, and JustBe.
Stfuppercut wrote:
1 year ago
Yet Gnoll was banned for 7 days for posting the same repetitive garbage. All 3 of these posting behaviors have the same outcome... Repetitive, spammy, low quality trash that reduces the overall quality of the forum.
The only people here posting "Repetitive, spammy, low quality trash" are you, nochanges2, and JustBe.
teebling wrote:
1 year ago
Maybe a third repetition will help drive this into your thick skull:... I'll make it bigger, maybe that will help?
Eventually you'll just have to accept that Uppercut has reading comprehension issues and cannot be reasoned with.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
Posts: 371
Likes: 236
Alliance
Paladin
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Westfall
User avatar
US Pagle
Posts: 84
Likes: 78
Dwarf
Priest
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

   Selexin
User avatar
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Undead
Priest
7 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

I have to go back to Kara, unfinished business. I quit wow soon after a wipe, first raid. Got scapegoated by the main healer. Looked at recount, I was efficient she was awful massive overhealing.

That's when I looked around and thought 'what the hell am I doing with my time?'.

Got to go back, more than one ghost in bury in there.

User avatar
EU Mograine
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Human
Paladin
6 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Ok. Why are you ruining other people's joy?

Undercity
User avatar
EU Amnennar
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Human
Rogue
6 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
1 year ago
I don't see why we have to resent other players being able to experience their favourite time from WoW's history.

Some people liked Classic, cool.

Some people liked TBC, cool.

Let them play on their own legacy servers, Blizzard makes bank and everyone's happy.
Only issue (in my opinion) is that afterwards, some people will ask for WOTLK servers so on and so forth and *might* have an impact on the playerbase by having people splitting up on each "classic" extensions. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy to play again some old versions without going on pservers but I don't think it'll be a great thing overall for the number of people on each servers.

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t.
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 409
Likes: 127
Undead
Warrior
6 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Kudo wrote:
6 months ago

Only issue (in my opinion) is that afterwards, some people will ask for WOTLK servers so on and so forth and *might* have an impact on the playerbase by having people splitting up on each "classic" extensions.
We're already split up across HUNDREDS of servers. Adding more expansions won't split us up any more than we're already split up.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Undercity
User avatar
EU Amnennar
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Human
Rogue
6 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
6 months ago
We're already split up across HUNDREDS of servers. Adding more expansions won't split us up any more than we're already split up.
Yes and I agree, I'm just a tiny bit concerned if it would make it worse. (Though I would like to play TBC again for fun!)

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t.
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Kirtonos
Posts: 470
Likes: 227
Horde
Warlock
6 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Kudo wrote:
6 months ago
Black Monarch wrote:
6 months ago
We're already split up across HUNDREDS of servers. Adding more expansions won't split us up any more than we're already split up.
Yes and I agree, I'm just a tiny bit concerned if it would make it worse. (Though I would like to play TBC again for fun!)
The thing is, if they do it right, which they might, they will release TBC later than last time (2007 release).
Which means by the time it releases, the majority of the people from classic will move to TBC.

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 60 | =-|-= | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 27 |
Undercity
User avatar
EU Amnennar
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Human
Rogue
6 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Nyxt wrote:
6 months ago
Kudo wrote:
6 months ago
Black Monarch wrote:
6 months ago
We're already split up across HUNDREDS of servers. Adding more expansions won't split us up any more than we're already split up.
Yes and I agree, I'm just a tiny bit concerned if it would make it worse. (Though I would like to play TBC again for fun!)
The thing is, if they do it right, which they might, they will release TBC later than last time (2007 release).
Which means by the time it releases, the majority of the people from classic will move to TBC.
It's true, didn't see that from that perspective! :)

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t.
Paladin Protection
User avatar
US Deviate Delight
Posts: 180
Likes: 145
Human
Paladin
6 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Classic is a game,
TBC is a game.

People like to play games, don't tell people what they should or shouldn't like.

You can't keep classic on life support forever, it's going to die.

The people who love vanilla (Like myself) will reroll on private servers or fresh classic servers when the first servers die. (They will die, every server dies).
This isn't a problem, people enjoy a more fresher experience after a while. You can only grind naxx for so long and new content added in the mythical classic+ is going to simply be a disappointment and disrupt the fragile atmosphere classic already is. (lets be real)

The people who want to move on will have something to look forward too like TBC (Hopefully, I might double dip aswell. With all the flaws it brings it also brings a lot of fun and new things.)

I can't wrap my head around how In your mind this is a dramatic pressing issue for you. Take a break if this stresses you out.

(Just realized this is a necroed threard, RIP)

   Edouard224
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Kirtonos
Posts: 8
Likes: 1
Night Elf
Druid
6 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

RedridgeGnoll wrote:
1 year ago
I want The Burning Crusade after Classic, so that rose-tinted glasses can shatter. It will only further solidfy the greatness of Classic WoW.
Oh shut up, You know that TBC always was better than vanilla. Stop trying to bait.

Thing is, If TBC Servers ever comes out, there's good chances you're still gonna be able to play Classic(Vanilla) So stop crying.

US Deviate Delight
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
6 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

TBC would be a mistake if 2.4.3 nerfed status. 2.0 would be a way to go(much more challenging)

Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Posts: 212
Likes: 89
Horde
Druid
6 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Edouard224 wrote:
6 months ago
RedridgeGnoll wrote:
1 year ago
I want The Burning Crusade after Classic, so that rose-tinted glasses can shatter. It will only further solidfy the greatness of Classic WoW.
Oh shut up, You know that TBC always was better than vanilla. Stop trying to bait.

Thing is, If TBC Servers ever comes out, there's good chances you're still gonna be able to play Classic(Vanilla) So stop crying.
That would be a great Solution. Make the transfer optional.

   Edouard224
Similar topics
to 'TBC would be a mistake'
Posts ViewsLast post

Latest Blue Posts

View all
  • Screenshot of the Month

    View gallery