Orgrimmar
User avatar
Posts: 18
Likes: 1
Horde
Priest
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

what to do with low level green items ?

soulbonded items ? there is not way to DE them as im not enchanter... im leveling with mining and skining ...
to vendor ? or to safe them till i learn enchanting ?

Hunter Marksman
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 964
Likes: 630
Alliance
Hunter
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Just vendor them. You can create a level 5 bank alt to take enchanting and list your BoE greens. Depending on the stat line of the green I will either sell it on the AH or disenchant it. On my main, I just vendor the soulbound stuff. You'll get good at identifying what stats are valuable as you list things and see what sold and what didnt. Some stuff to look for...

For 2 hand weapons, you want it to be as slow as possible 3+ sec speed and a good stat line usually includes stam / str or spirit (for leveling). However if you have find a nice stat stick for a caster or hunter with a raw stat like agility, this could sell really well. Casters usually want high spirit/int on staves etc.

For gear, you want the right armor types (cloth,leather,mail,plate) matched with the appropriate stat line. So a piece of cloth with agility is less valuable than a piece of leather.

The main thing you want to watch out for is the +spell dmg effects. "Frozen Wrath" or "Shadow Wrath" items can sell for a TON. Especially if you can find a wand... Some of the BiS wands for ALL of vanilla are level 50 green wands that are worth thousands of gold.

Now within all of this there are nuances to the RNG of the roll. Typically items have a point scale and will have maybe 14 stats total (depending on the level of the item). That number of stats does a random roll and will distribute itself between some primary stats 7 spirit / 7 stam OR it could roll 5 spirit / 9 stam. So you can get items with a really high roll on valuable stats and it will be worth a lot more.

This gets even deeper but the main thing you need to do is monitor your profit margins when vendoring, DEing or listing items.

Paladin Protection
User avatar
US Deviate Delight
Posts: 122
Likes: 99
Human
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Make a bank alt and level it to 5, send all crappy BoE greens to your bank alt to disenchant. Sell 20+ greens with good stats on AH. Vendor Souldbound.

Also what he said

Image
Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
Posts: 333
Likes: 117
Troll
Shaman
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Are people even buying stuff on the AH? I can't imagine buying gear. The only thing I've bought or plan to buy on the AH for either of my characters is the Hillman Shoulders for level 21, just because they're so good, and they were cheap, like 10 silver. Most of the green gear I see drop I can't imagine anyone buying. The benefit of it seems so tiny.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Orgrimmar
User avatar
Posts: 18
Likes: 1
Horde
Priest
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
2 weeks ago
Just vendor them. You can create a level 5 bank alt to take enchanting and list your BoE greens. Depending on the stat line of the green I will either sell it on the AH or disenchant it. On my main, I just vendor the soulbound stuff. You'll get good at identifying what stats are valuable as you list things and see what sold and what didnt. Some stuff to look for...

For 2 hand weapons, you want it to be as slow as possible 3+ sec speed and a good stat line usually includes stam / str or spirit (for leveling). However if you have find a nice stat stick for a caster or hunter with a raw stat like agility, this could sell really well. Casters usually want high spirit/int on staves etc.

For gear, you want the right armor types (cloth,leather,mail,plate) matched with the appropriate stat line. So a piece of cloth with agility is less valuable than a piece of leather.

The main thing you want to watch out for is the +spell dmg effects. "Frozen Wrath" or "Shadow Wrath" items can sell for a TON. Especially if you can find a wand... Some of the BiS wands for ALL of vanilla are level 50 green wands that are worth thousands of gold.

Now within all of this there are nuances to the RNG of the roll. Typically items have a point scale and will have maybe 14 stats total (depending on the level of the item). That number of stats does a random roll and will distribute itself between some primary stats 7 spirit / 7 stam OR it could roll 5 spirit / 9 stam. So you can get items with a really high roll on valuable stats and it will be worth a lot more.

This gets even deeper but the main thing you need to do is monitor your profit margins when vendoring, DEing or listing items.
thanks for this bro, helped a lot.

   Stfuppercut
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
Posts: 244
Likes: 173
Alliance
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
2 weeks ago
Are people even buying stuff on the AH? I can't imagine buying gear. The only thing I've bought or plan to buy on the AH for either of my characters is the Hillman Shoulders for level 21, just because they're so good, and they were cheap, like 10 silver. Most of the green gear I see drop I can't imagine anyone buying. The benefit of it seems so tiny.
Some people put up phenomenal items on the AH for a low price, and for gear intensive classes it can be worth it.

Image
Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
Posts: 333
Likes: 117
Troll
Shaman
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
2 weeks ago
Gensei wrote:
2 weeks ago
Are people even buying stuff on the AH? I can't imagine buying gear. The only thing I've bought or plan to buy on the AH for either of my characters is the Hillman Shoulders for level 21, just because they're so good, and they were cheap, like 10 silver. Most of the green gear I see drop I can't imagine anyone buying. The benefit of it seems so tiny.
Some people put up phenomenal items on the AH for a low price, and for gear intensive classes it can be worth it.
Hmmm. I've seen some number crunching before on YT, and even with warriors, the most gear-dependent class, the only items that should be purchased as upgrades should be weapons, because warrior's power is 90% determined by weapon damage, and purchasing gear in other slots for tiny upticks of attack power or an extra 20 hp isn't super cost effective unless you know for sure you're getting a great deal.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Elwynn Forest
User avatar
US Pagle
Posts: 76
Likes: 35
Alliance
Druid
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

For those really good items like of the eagle, of the monkey, etc, I have been sending to a bank alt to AH later once people have some mula. For all the other greens I have been vendoring or DE. I vendor if the vendor price is high, I DE if the vendor price is low. Some lvl 30 greens only sell for like 12s-15s, Ill DE those. But other 30 greens sell for 40-50s, Ill vendor those.

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 14
Undead
Rogue
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Green are not so easy to sell on AH, at least for me it's not going well, so or I disenchant, give to guild friends or sell in vendors.

Lost in the multiverse.
Author of AbyssUI and AbyssUI Classic
Image
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
Posts: 244
Likes: 173
Alliance
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
2 weeks ago
Hmmm. I've seen some number crunching before on YT, and even with warriors, the most gear-dependent class, the only items that should be purchased as upgrades should be weapons, because warrior's power is 90% determined by weapon damage, and purchasing gear in other slots for tiny upticks of attack power or an extra 20 hp isn't super cost effective unless you know for sure you're getting a great deal.
And I agree with that conclusion. Paladins also gain a huge benefit from regular weapon upgrades. And Shaman who are looking for that sweet fast dagger for flametongue procs.

All I'm saying is, it has benefits, especially on a PvP server. If you're going to spend your money on the AH, you just need to take into account the following:
1) Bid but don't buyout. This is a great way to get things on the cheap.
2) Stick to bidding on items only if you have a stale one in that slot.
3) Check NPC weaponsmiths first. They often have major weapon upgrades in limited availability cheaper than what you'd find in the AH.

Getting a mount at level 40 is an absolute priority since it will impact your leveling efficiency, but not getting your 60 epic mount right away is not the end of the world.

   teebling
Image
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 357
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

One of my bank alts is now a level 50 enchanter just from DEing stuff. She hasn't actually MADE anything yet.

Image
Image
Posts: 126
Likes: 39
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

There are vendors in the game for a reason. You may have just found one.

Mulgore
User avatar
US Herod
Posts: 34
Likes: 9
Tauren
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
2 weeks ago
Are people even buying stuff on the AH? I can't imagine buying gear. The only thing I've bought or plan to buy on the AH for either of my characters is the Hillman Shoulders for level 21, just because they're so good, and they were cheap, like 10 silver. Most of the green gear I see drop I can't imagine anyone buying. The benefit of it seems so tiny.
Warrior chiming in. If you don't get weapon drops, grinding is awful. Just awful. Sometimes a 5-level upgrade to your weapon makes or breaks your questing. Right now I have a 24 green mace and I'm level 35. Grinding these mother f*cking troll tusks for my whirlwind axe is grueling.

   teebling
Hunter Marksman
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 964
Likes: 630
Alliance
Hunter
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Steerclear wrote:
1 week ago
Warrior chiming in. If you don't get weapon drops, grinding is awful. Just awful. Sometimes a 5-level upgrade to your weapon makes or breaks your questing. Right now I have a 24 green mace and I'm level 35. Grinding these mother f*cking troll tusks for my whirlwind axe is grueling.
Unpopular opinion, WW axe is overrated and not worth the time investment. You can get items like https://classic.wowhead.com/item=4983/rock-pulverizer, which is a VERY fast quest and only requires level 30 to complete. Get someone in your guild to carry you real fast and bam. Youre going to need to be carried for the WW axe if you do it earlier enough for it to be worthwhile anyhow, so just get this. Its faster to grab and will last you until you start farming SM armory for https://classic.wowhead.com/item=7717/ravager / all your SM gear.

Dont get me wrong, If I were leveling a warrior 2 months out as an alt, I'd buy all the motes off the AH for cheap and get a friend to quickly help me do the WW axe chain and I'd toss a lifestealing on it. But right now, at this point in the game, not worth it. The caveat here is, if you enjoy the chain and it adds value to your play you should do it because your experience is subjective and bla bla bla.

Mulgore
User avatar
US Herod
Posts: 34
Likes: 9
Tauren
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Plus I'm not filthy, disgusting alliance scum, so your Rock Pulverizer is not an option. But I do see your point. I'm considering selling the charms, but currently it would only net me about 10g on Herod. :(

Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 357
Likes: 110
Undead
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Steerclear wrote:
1 week ago
Warrior chiming in. If you don't get weapon drops, grinding is awful. Just awful. Sometimes a 5-level upgrade to your weapon makes or breaks your questing. Right now I have a 24 green mace and I'm level 35. Grinding these mother f*cking troll tusks for my whirlwind axe is grueling.
Try tanking dungeons. Some very good weapons drop from them and people will usually let the tank have whatever he or she needs if you're not a dick about it.

Image
Image
Hunter Marksman
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 964
Likes: 630
Alliance
Hunter
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Steerclear wrote:
1 week ago
Plus I'm not filthy, disgusting alliance scum, so your Rock Pulverizer is not an option. But I do see your point. I'm considering selling the charms, but currently it would only net me about 10g on Herod. :(
Even better, because you can get an early https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6687/corpsemaker and avoid WW axe even easier. Which will carry you to Ravager and SM armory. WW axe is never worth it for a main toon on a fresh realm.

Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
Posts: 333
Likes: 117
Troll
Shaman
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Steerclear wrote:
1 week ago
Gensei wrote:
2 weeks ago
Are people even buying stuff on the AH? I can't imagine buying gear. The only thing I've bought or plan to buy on the AH for either of my characters is the Hillman Shoulders for level 21, just because they're so good, and they were cheap, like 10 silver. Most of the green gear I see drop I can't imagine anyone buying. The benefit of it seems so tiny.
Warrior chiming in. If you don't get weapon drops, grinding is awful. Just awful. Sometimes a 5-level upgrade to your weapon makes or breaks your questing. Right now I have a 24 green mace and I'm level 35. Grinding these mother f*cking troll tusks for my whirlwind axe is grueling.
Oh this is certainly true. Weapons are usually worth upgrading, but if you can acquire them via quest or instance, that's preferable to buying them. But what I said still rings true for non-weapon item slots. It's just very inefficient use of your money.

   Moocifer
Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Thunder Bluff
User avatar
US Rattlegore
Posts: 16
Likes: 2
Tauren
Warrior
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I typically just vendor mine haha! Or try to sell to someone who might need it more than me.

Similar topics
to 'what to do with greens ?'
Posts ViewsLast post