View results
Poll  •  Should I play a Holy Paladin or Holy Priest?
Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 1
Dwarf
Paladin
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello barrens I was doing some class research and I stumbled upon this forum so I had to make an account. I'm very excited to play classic again and we're do freaking close!

I've changed my mind 1000 times about what class I'm going to play in classic and I've narrowed it down to two options. I definitely want to heal but I cant pick between Paladin or Priest. I'm trying to hard core raid so my priority is whats best for my PVE play but yet cosmetically I love the paladin classic plate armor. The muti-target healing of the priest might be more sought after and easier to role but I think I'll enjoy playing the paladin more. I was 11 years old when I played classic and couldn't raid even if I had made it to lvl 60, let alone healed for one.

So I'm asking for any and all opinions for why or why not to play either class. (sell me on pally)

Winterspring
User avatar
Posts: 117
Likes: 51
Human
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Every raid will want a Holy Priest and a Holy Paladin. Priests were stronger healers all the way up until you get your Naxx gear (Paladins maybe arguably stronger in MC as well). One thing to note is that you'll be spamming dispells and buffs as a Holy Paladin if you're not spamming Flash of Light on the main tank. Priests were generally just raw healers.

Holy Paladins were unkillable Gods in PVP and Freedom for your Warrior-buddy will make him literally print out pictures of your face and look at them when he's laying in bed every night before he starts furiously masturbating thinking about that oh so sweet Hand of Freedom.

   NillyWilly hailmary
Human Warrior - Shazzrah Firemaw PVP
Burning Steppes
User avatar
Posts: 54
Likes: 54
Alliance
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If your intention is to hardcore raid, the paladin is likely an easier way in. I've seen far more recruitment need for pally than priest. Both are solid healers, but from what I understand, pally is more of a single target tank healer, where priest is going to have more dynamic responsibilities in PVE. In PVP, I hear pallies are amazing.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 1
Dwarf
Paladin
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ariba wrote:
1 year ago
Holy Paladins were unkillable Gods in PVP and Freedom for your Warrior-buddy will make him literally print out pictures of your face and look at them when he's laying in bed every night before he starts furiously masturbating thinking about that oh so sweet Hand of Freedom.
:lol: Dude, you're fucking hilarious

@ariba

   ariba
Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 1
Dwarf
Paladin
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Zanthir wrote:
1 year ago
If your intention is to hardcore raid, the paladin is likely an easier way in. I've seen far more recruitment need for pally than priest. Both are solid healers,
That would make sense. My understanding is that because of the three different blessings the paladins offer: might, wisdom, and salvation, a raid is going to want at least three of then so they can utilize all three buffs simultaneously?

@Zanthir

Deadwind Pass
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 229
Likes: 124
Orc
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Priest is easier to level. And it can be a god in PvP.
Paladin is awful to level but one of the best RP classes in the game. And you never go oom.

   Firelord
<Surge>
Grobbulus - RPPvP
Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 1
Dwarf
Paladin
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stupeed wrote:
1 year ago
Priest is easier to level. And it can be a god in PvP.
Paladin is awful to level but one of the best RP classes in the game. And you never go oom.
Are they awful to lvl because of their lack of movement speed boosts?

@Stupeed

Deadwind Pass
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 229
Likes: 124
Orc
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

NillyWilly wrote:
1 year ago
Stupeed wrote:
1 year ago
Priest is easier to level. And it can be a god in PvP.
Paladin is awful to level but one of the best RP classes in the game. And you never go oom.
Are they awful to lvl because of their lack of movement speed boosts?

@Stupeed
Paladins are awful because they only auto attack. You can go Shockadin spec for a better rotation, but thats pretty much it.

   NillyWilly
<Surge>
Grobbulus - RPPvP
Redridge Mountains
User avatar
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Posts: 223
Likes: 129
Human
Paladin
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

You'd probably be fine to choose either. They both have their benefits, and both are desirable for different reasons. Pick whichever you'd think you'd like more!

   NillyWilly
Warrior Fury
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 212
Likes: 99
Horde
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

First of all, both are insanely good, and it's hard to add more to the thread than what has already been said.

Stupeed wrote:
1 year ago
Priest is easier to level. And it can be a god in PvP.
Paladin is awful to level but one of the best RP classes in the game. And you never go oom.
I disagree, but this also depends on how you want to level.

Paladins are (if I can repeat the word) insanely safe to level. A lot of auto-attacking, and that could be potentially boring if you are not into that at all, but they are very safe because of mail/plate, heals, very strong defensive cooldowns, and relatively strong attacks—and running out of mana is not as dangerous. It's just slow to level one. They can do alright in a sudden PvP encounter too, just because of their defensive cooldowns.

Priests? They are good too, but the world will be a bit dangerous because of cloth-armour. In PvP while levelling, their mana drains pretty quickly, because it will be rather difficult to balance between heals and damage. Priests are somewhat easy to level, but I would personally place the Paladin as easier to level, but more boring than a Priest, even if the Priest consists of a lot of wanding.

   NillyWilly
User avatar
Posts: 12
Likes: 5
Night Elf
Hunter
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ariba wrote:
1 year ago
Holy Paladins were unkillable Gods in PVP and Freedom for your Warrior-buddy will make him literally print out pictures of your face and look at them when he's laying in bed every night before he starts furiously masturbating thinking about that oh so sweet Hand of Freedom.
:eek:

Similar topics
to 'Holy Priest or Holy Paladin??? PVE'
Posts ViewsLast post

Latest Blue Posts

View all
  • Screenshot of the Month

    View gallery