Ashenvale
Night Elf
Hunter
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey all - in your opinion, which class (or even race / class combo!) has the most RPG elements... for example: lockpicking, feeding your pet, summoning portals, etc.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hunter / Priest for the weapon quests (most valuable RPG element here for me because there is a skill component and this is meaningful gameplay). Paladin / Warlock for the mount quests. Rogue for the shear quantity of profession related work - herbs for poisons, cooking for thistle tea, lockpicking etc etc etc. Mage for busy work, ports and food - you can sort of immerse yourself by being a vendor/NPC. Shaman / Druid for the class quests to unlock forms / totems etc.

These are the most obvious / first that come to mind. I will say that I'm mostly a PvP player so I'm usually not too interested in lore or story but these are the things that jump to mind. They may not stack up for people who are more concerned with the lore than I am.

teebling
Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Don't Rogues have a whole faction (Ravenholdt) with its own quest chains and shit that only they have access to?

It has to be a tie between them and Druids (because Moonglade). They basically had class halls over a decade before class halls were a thing.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Shaman Enhancement
Troll
Shaman
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hunter/warlock. If Ravenholdt was worth anything and had more content, then maybe Rogue. Paladin could have been better, but all they really get to do is have a fancy horse and learn their skills in a big church.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Warrior Arms
US Incendius
Human
Warrior
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just as its name implies, the flavor of the warrior comes from their attitude towards encounters and combat as a whole. Every spec offers a different view of it: Arms is for the strategist, it offers them the tools to adapt to many situations: Protection is for the stalward defender, the frontman to his group of adventurers leading their way to success; And Fury is for the madman that just wants to f**k shit up.

While in combat the three stances encapsulate your attitude and approach towards the current situation perfectly, swapping your techniques on the spot and making the warrior out as the master of melee, not just a randy with a big stick.

Ironically enough, the true charm of the class comes from actually being that simple guy with a big stick. You're put in a world where your peers will wield the powers of the arcane, the demonic, shady organizations, nature, the elements, control over beasts and the very power of light and void themselves. You are just there, like if your real self was thrown in in the middle of a LotR battle where it's a thousand Gandalfs vs. a thousand Saurons. You're there to learn how to be the best at fighting, no other class feels so rewarding to conquer and vanquish with; Not only because of the difficulty, but because of the class fantasy itself. The game wants you to be beaten to a pulp and punish you for being a mundane dude with a dull sword trying to take on the big bad evils of the world. But you're a WARRIOR. You'll suffer your way there, but will learn from your every mistake, your every fall and ultimately: Your every victory.

Strenght and Honor, my fellow warriors. Good luck out there.

Image Image
Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kradgger wrote:
1 month ago
You're put in a world where your peers will wield the powers of the arcane, the demonic, shady organizations, nature, the elements, control over beasts and the very power of light and void themselves. You are just there, like if your real self was thrown in in the middle of a LotR battle where it's a thousand Gandalfs vs. a thousand Saurons.
Learn archery and teach your dog to attack people on command, and you can be a huntard in real life too. Or grab a pair of kitchen knives and spray Raid on them, now you're a rogue.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Desolace
Horde
Warlock
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Maybe hunter, solely because of the pet mechanics and constant need of ammo.

Back after all this time.
Deadwind Pass
US Herod
Orc
Warrior
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Imho Paladin is the most RPGish class.
And for duos, Paladin/Mage.
Shaman/Warrior (Most ZUG ZUG duo ever).

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Mage Frost
US Thunderfury
Alliance
Mage
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Which ever one suits you. If I were to pick one though, it would have to be the Rogue. They have 2 extra skills & Ravenholt, for whatever that is worth.

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597