Warlock Affliction
Orc
Warlock
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello

I am going to be playing an Orc on release and my other friend is Forsaken. The plan is for me to travel to his starting zone and do the quests there. But another friend of mine says that I can't pick up the quests there as wont have enough rep. I know this was a thing, just in an earlier patch. The friend who told me this often talks out his ass (if you are reading this hello I still love you <3.) Can anyone confirm/deny/show sources, that would be great :D

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
Undead
Rogue
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I remember that the Forsaken start at neutral rep with the other Horde factions, but I don't recall this affecting your ability to pick up quests.

I'm not sure about class quests, though. I think you have to do the ones for your own race, so you might want to finish the Valley of Trials and pick up the imp before going to Tiriasfal. Could be wrong on that, though. Not 100% sure.

Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
Undead
Warlock
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

it was a thing? shouldn't be, you should just be able to pick up any quests no matter the starting zone, rep wouldn't affect it. there's probably someone who went over to another zone in the beta, try searching on youtube maybe to see if anyone streamed themselves doing it. the zone itself shouldn't matter, if you can go to one you should be able to go to all.

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
Undead
Warrior
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

You can pick up any quest besides the very first Forsaken quest (the one just outside where Forsakens start). Or at least the level 2 requirement ones. Just grind some bats and you should be fine.

Source: An Orc leveling in Forsaken area during stress test told me this, don't hold me responsible :D

Selexin
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Warlock Affliction
Orc
Warlock
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thanks all for your replies :)

Paladin Protection
Human
Paladin
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

What class will you be playing? If it's a class that Undead can play then it's fine, otherwise you will need to find class trainers in other zones. I'm planning to start leveling a human mage from Teldrassil, and there will be no mage trainers in Night Elves's zones.

Stfuppercut
Russian guy playing on EU PvP Firemaw, looking for an English speaking casual social guild.
Holy Paladin 'Mythric'
Frost Mage 'Morozov'
Felwood
Gnome
Mage
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Don't worry about rep requirement when you get there, you may be missing perhaps only 1 - 2 quests when you collect them.
Travelling across barrens to tirisfal will give you a bit of exploration exp and if you feel you need more to balance out exp to be equal with your friend you can grind some bats solo.

| Kazumi[11] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[34] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Felwood
Gnome
Mage
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Mythric wrote:
4 weeks ago
What class will you be playing? If it's a class that Undead can play then it's fine, otherwise you will need to find class trainers in other zones. I'm planning to start leveling a human mage from Teldrassil, and there will be no mage trainers in Night Elves's zones.
That's what I'll be doing. We have to Hearthstone back to Ironforge to visit our class trainers and then head back and take the boat again.

| Kazumi[11] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[34] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yes you can quest in two starting zones. I did it in the trial of Classic and way back when. My advise is stop listening to people that don't know what they are talking about.

Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

According to WoWhead, the quests to visit the class trainer (Encrypted/Glyphic/Hallowed/Simple/Tainted Scroll) are race-specific, and so are the "deliver these supplies to your racial capital" quests. other than those, you're in the clear. Race-specific level 1-5 quest chains didn't become a thing until Cataclysm.

Burning Steppes
Night Elf
Warrior
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Is it worth hitting levelling 4 then in Northshire before heading over to teldrasill or just go at level 1? I've never changed starting areas before but i'm guessing the human one is going to be especially rammed no matter the server

Ashenvale
US Fairbanks
Gnome
Warrior
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

We just had a thread about this a week ago, so there's some additional info for you in here:

link

Main thing to worry about is whether you have a class trainer in the zone you want to start in. The example I gave in the other thread was don't bring a rogue to Mulgore because there are no rogue trainers in Mulgore because there are no Tauren rogues - not even at Thunder Bluff, which surprised me since it's a capital city. This might not apply to you, but something to check out in advance.

Pippina - Level 5 Gnome Warrior (alt) | Beardozer - Level 36 Night Elf Druid (Main)
Silverpine Forest
Undead
Warrior
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
3 weeks ago
The example I gave in the other thread was don't bring a rogue to Mulgore because there are no rogue trainers in Mulgore because there are no Tauren rogues
Likewise, Hunters, Druids, and Shamans won't do well in the Forsaken areas.

Warlock Affliction
US Bigglesworth
Alliance
Hunter
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Rolling night elf. Immediately running to Elwyn.

Shaman Enhancement
Troll
Shaman
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

DoomC wrote:
3 weeks ago
Rolling night elf. Immediately running to Elwyn.
I would do the same but i need the damn bear form quest as a druid. Otherwise, anything to avoid the fucking barrow den quest. Spend an eternity down there.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers