View results
Poll  •  Best class for world pvp if not raiding nor honor grinding? (Can pick multiple if ties)
Swamp of Sorrows
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 5
Horde
Priest
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide my class and what end-game gear I'm going to go after.

About me:

  • I’m a casual player (10-15 hours a week)
  • I play wow strictly for the world pvp :biggrin:
  • No interest in instanced stuff (dungeons, raiding, BGs)
  • No interest in farming honor, so I don’t expect to rank high
  • I'm fond of shadow priest, druid, rogue but open to any class
  • Open to buying gear on AH, crafting, reasonable quests, reasonable reputation farming

My question: What are my class options? Please post gear list I should aim for (if you have it).

Thank you for sharing any knowledge / experience you have!

Ashenvale
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 20
Likes: 13
Alliance
Warrior
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

A balance druid out in the world with rank10 gear is such an irritation.

   shako154
<No Plan Required> [A] Firemaw EU, social semi-hardcore progress guild, come say hello! discord.gg/2C6gJZw

Formerly Fok/Voxic of <The Blood> | Azjol-Nerub EU
Felwood
User avatar
Posts: 183
Likes: 73
Gnome
Mage
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Forget warrior,
Rogue is good because you can jump in and out of stealth where needed however you would probably end up ganking noobs in lakeshire (horde)

I like warlock for world pvp because a lot of classes struggle to face them and even if they manage to beat you they will lose anyway because of whatever curse you left on them.

   shako154
| Kazumi[11] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[34] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Priest Holy
User avatar
EU Zandalar Tribe
Posts: 102
Likes: 54
Dwarf
Priest
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I voted Rogue and SPriest, Rogues gets to pick his own fights witch is a huge bonus and they are great at pvp. SPriests are good from phase 1 with blue gear.

If everything fails all horde classes are great in Redridge.

Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 146
Likes: 97
Night Elf
Hunter
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've been experimenting with different classes on kronos recently and have found hunter to be fantastic for solo wpvp. Humanoid tracking keeps you from ever getting surprised if you pay attention to radar, and is extremely useful if you're the one on the hunt. You can disengage and escape pretty effectively if you get overwhelmed. You have the cc to deal with multiple opponents if played well. And the most important part for wpvp, is a pet you can send to solo lowbies as you follow along and /cheer the pet. You cannot truly defeat your enemy without also crushing his spirit.

   shako154
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Raikkan- Human Warlock
Keatts- Human Rogue

-Savages of Grobbulus, prepare yourselves for slaughter.
Swamp of Sorrows
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 5
Horde
Priest
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Wow rogue is dominating in the poll. Can anyone share why the voted rogue / what gear to get?

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1261
Likes: 2432
Horde
Warrior
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

shako154 wrote:
1 month ago
Wow rogue is dominating in the poll. Can anyone share why the voted rogue / what gear to get?
http://shadowpanther.net/

Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 146
Likes: 97
Night Elf
Hunter
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

shako154 wrote:
1 month ago
Wow rogue is dominating in the poll. Can anyone share why the voted rogue / what gear to get?
Everyone says that because rogue is the best ganker, and because stealth allows you to choose your fights. They are arguably one of the best 1v1 classes in the game. That said, I disagree with them being the top wpvp class because they are pretty shit at everything else. If you are in a multiperson fight, or the fight is not over in 20 seconds, i would rather be playing most other classes.

If 1v1 ganking is your thing, go rogue. If not, I think you're better off as a hunter, lock, druid, etc.

   shako154
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Raikkan- Human Warlock
Keatts- Human Rogue

-Savages of Grobbulus, prepare yourselves for slaughter.
Swamp of Sorrows
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 5
Horde
Priest
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hunter just pulled ahead — what’s their secret? Any gear lists?

Hunter Marksman
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 973
Likes: 638
Alliance
Hunter
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hunter. As broken as they are, they are still the casual go-to and many of the reasons that they are broken won’t even be noticed by a casual player. The biggest reason is bestial wrath. I can let a 5 year old play my hunter from 1-60 and he will win the majority of 1v1 engagements because my pet can just solo classes. Actually though, it solo's players. What about the fights I lose? Typically only if the player uses consumes or cooldowns. But because bestial wrath is such a short cooldown, as soon as I arrive back to my body, my pet is a whistle away (no long summon to get it out) and I pop bestial wrath and watch it solo the guy. Always up, always good and this takes no skills. Pair this with a competent hunter who knows how to juggle his pet and kite and 1vsX situations are very possible even without gear for a casual player.

Due to changes with hunter they wont be worth it for a strong player who is looking to min/max endgame or play PvP seriously.

   shako154
Undercity
User avatar
EU Zandalar Tribe
Posts: 35
Likes: 28
Orc
Warrior
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I vote for wl. Fear and dots for the win. Can be dangerous also with shitty gear. Pets bring even more utility on the table. And in later patch progression you get some serious gear over the AH (bloodvine set / bwl like gear) and the missing stamina of the bloodvine set can you compensate through your rare pvp set pieces.

   shako154
Zandalar Tribe rp-pvp
Horde
Gravediggers
Shaman Elemental
User avatar
Posts: 54
Likes: 16
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shadow priests are pretty badass even with dungeon gear when it comes to 1v1. Rogues, like others have pointed out, get to choose their fights so you kind of have an unfair advantage passing those you won't win against and getting the drop on those you choose to engage.

I'm personally going to be going warlock and they're probably the best 1vMany. You can find videos of vanilla locks taking on 5 man groups out in the world. There's a high skill cap but if you can get there, you can stomp just about anyone 1v1.

-ClassicRaids

   shako154
ClassicRaids, a website centered around endgame content, WoW Classic Guild Recruitment, Character Search & Lookup, and Gold Making Profession Guides. We even have a Screenshot of the Day section!
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 14
Undead
Rogue
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Warlocks and rogues imo.

   shako154
Lost in the multiverse.
Author of AbyssUI and AbyssUI Classic
Image
Ironforge
User avatar
Posts: 19
Likes: 12
Dwarf
Paladin
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Doing World PvP without raiding/dungeons/bgs is pretty impossible, maybe you can get away with it for a week at 60. Once people get some epics from raids etc you will auto lose against people way worse than you.

   shako154
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 95
Horde
Shaman
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kare wrote:
1 month ago
Doing World PvP without raiding/dungeons/bgs is pretty impossible, maybe you can get away with it for a week at 60. Once people get some epics from raids etc you will auto lose against people way worse than you.
I don't agree here. Gear is an important factor but for World PvP, skill does alot.

   shako154
Orc Shaman
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 196
Likes: 234
Undead
Mage
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If you are horde, go rogue. If you are alliance, go warrior. As a mage, there are few things I enjoy more than seeing a non-raid, non-pvp geared warrior just out roaming around.

   shako154
Our time will come.
Swamp of Sorrows
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 5
Horde
Priest
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Any Druid players with relatively easy to obtain gear and wpvp experience?

Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 95
Horde
Shaman
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

shako154 wrote:
1 month ago
Any Druid players with relatively easy to obtain gear and wpvp experience?
Druids are not easy to get any gear besides Healing gear.

   shako154
Orc Shaman
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 316
Likes: 145
Undead
Priest
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

In my eyes, it is the Mage would fit the best for Solo-World-PvP. But you need some gear...

   shako154
Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Ironforge
User avatar
Posts: 19
Likes: 12
Dwarf
Paladin
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Erik wrote:
1 month ago
Kare wrote:
1 month ago
Doing World PvP without raiding/dungeons/bgs is pretty impossible, maybe you can get away with it for a week at 60. Once people get some epics from raids etc you will auto lose against people way worse than you.
I don't agree here. Gear is an important factor but for World PvP, skill does alot.
If you dont' do dungeons or raids or bgs, you basically only have gear from quests. You will be destroyed by people with good dungeon blues and a few epics. Not really sure how this can be arguable.

   shako154
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 95
Horde
Shaman
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kare wrote:
1 month ago
Erik wrote:
1 month ago
Kare wrote:
1 month ago
Doing World PvP without raiding/dungeons/bgs is pretty impossible, maybe you can get away with it for a week at 60. Once people get some epics from raids etc you will auto lose against people way worse than you.
I don't agree here. Gear is an important factor but for World PvP, skill does alot.
If you dont' do dungeons or raids or bgs, you basically only have gear from quests. You will be destroyed by people with good dungeon blues and a few epics. Not really sure how this can be arguable.
I obviously make that statement meaning gear is good for you and of course you need to have some gear and not entirely quest/level greens. But for instance a dungeon geared player does not automatically lose to a partial or fully raid gear in World PvP.

In BGs where they are actually focusing PvP he would struggle, but for World PvP you don't really require raid gear (although he will face hard opponents without proper gear).

Edit: I should have quoted second part of the post with the meaning of "auto lose vs players worse then you" and not full quote. He obviously needs to get at least some dungeon gear.

   shako154
Orc Shaman
Similar topics
to 'Best class for solo world pvp for casual player (no raiding, no honor grind)'
Posts ViewsLast post