View results
Poll  •  Warrior Horde Race
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
Posts: 19
Likes: 3
Horde Rogue 19 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Choose the best overall race to roll as Horde Warrior in Classic, from these 2 options: Orc and Tauren.
Take in consideration the best choice to fulfill all roles: PVE DPS, PVE TANK and PVP.
If you can, explain your pick.

Alterac Valley
User avatar
Guild:

Entusiasterne


Discord:

Nikolaj#7864


Bnet:

ShamelessEU#2864


Posts: 164
Likes: 95
Dwarf Priest 164 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Troll

   5bx Stfuppercut Alzzary couchatron Gunma
Image Image
Image Image
Rogue Assassination
User avatar
Guild:

Waiting on Realms


Posts: 110
Likes: 46
Horde Warlock 110 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Orc, Tauren isn't even comparable to it ???????

   Stfuppercut
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Guild:

Entusiasterne


Discord:

Nikolaj#7864


Bnet:

ShamelessEU#2864


Posts: 164
Likes: 95
Dwarf Priest 164 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Raven wrote:
1 week ago
Orc, Tauren isn't even comparable to it ???????
Leeway disagrees

Image Image
Image Image
Ashenvale
User avatar
Posts: 203
Likes: 124
202 posts
Alliance
Shaman
Alliance Shaman 202 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

PvE DPS: Orc due to https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20572/blood-fury and https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20574 ... ialization (Large DPS increase when using Axes, and rogues can't use Axes so, even better!)

PvP: Generally it is chosen as Orc due to https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20573/hardiness, which will get used a lot on the front lines. Blood Fury isn't used as much here because you don't want it to conflict with pots or potential heals. https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20549/war-stomp just isn't as good when you're soaking damage.

PvE Tank: Not sure, but I do know the main factors would be if https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20574 ... ialization gives benefits in the way of +hit, ect. in a significant amount to beat out https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20550/endurance. Either way, I am guessing that it is Orc because of Axe Spec and Hardiness again.


I believe Tauren is still a worthy runner-up for PvP and Tanking (could be wrong), but on PvE DPS there is nothing that they bring to the table.


EDIT: I am not taking into account leeway here because I have not had my memory refreshed in Beta and may not affect things as much as assumed.

   Xaldron Stfuppercut
Burning Steppes
User avatar
Posts: 11
Likes: 10
11 posts
Alliance
Rogue
Alliance Rogue 11 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tauren for the larger hitbox, will be super useful in both PvE and PvP. Unless you want to do axes, then the Orc weapon skill is a huge plus. Stun resist is nice for PvP, but being able to melee with a larger range is huge imo.

Warlock Demonology
User avatar
Posts: 19
Likes: 3
Horde Rogue 19 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Raven wrote:
1 week ago
Orc, Tauren isn't even comparable to it ???????
What do you mean?
Of course it is.. Tauren is perfectly viable.
+5% HP, increased hit range (take leeway in consideration too), war stomp...
Skarm, one of the best tanks in the game is rolling Tauren for Classic.
Sonii, one of the best Warriors PvP in Beta won a bunch of duels against the best players on the Tournaments these past few weeks. Also rolling as Tauren.

   Faendor
Ashenvale
User avatar
Posts: 203
Likes: 124
202 posts
Alliance
Shaman
Alliance Shaman 202 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

NinjaBomb wrote:
1 week ago
Sonii, one of the best Warriors PvP in Beta won a bunch of duels against the best players on the Tournaments these past few weeks. Also rolling as Tauren.
War Stomp is a CD racial and good for 1v1 dueling, so that makes sense. Hardiness is much more of a group racial being that it is passive and you may be getting hit by many people at once (hopefully with a healer in the back somewhere), meaning a higher chance for stuns from one of them.

Warlock Demonology
User avatar
Guild:

Malum Factum


Discord:

https://discord.gg/K


Bnet:

pan0phobik#1815


Posts: 151
Likes: 67
Horde Warlock 150 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Orc. I'm biased pretty strongly since I'm a huge Orc fan in the lore but I'm also a big fan of the racials.

Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 159
Likes: 104
158 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 158 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I’d go with Orc out of those 2, not that Tauren is a bad option either.

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Mulgore
User avatar
Discord:

Erik#8716


Posts: 34
Likes: 31
34 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 34 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stun resist vs melee range

Trinkets don't remove stun if I recall
Melee range is nice for being kited

Resto/Balance Druid - Horde - PvP - Europe - Sweden - Born in the golden year 1990
Ironforge
User avatar
Guild:

Niflheim


Bnet:

xaldron#2756


Posts: 26
Likes: 19
26 posts
Dwarf
Warrior
Dwarf Warrior 26 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

NinjaBomb wrote:
1 week ago
Choose the best overall race to roll as Horde Warrior in Classic, from these 2 options: Orc and Tauren.
Take in consideration the best choice to fulfill all roles: PVE DPS, PVE TANK and PVP.
If you can, explain your pick.
This really depends. But, arguably I'd say Orc has a slight advantage on TPS as prot (if you wear an ax) and DPS as any dps spec. For pvp hands down orc due to hardiness, however war stomp can be useful as well.

For tanking I'd still personally choose Tauren. War stomp helps in aoe tanking situations and 5% extra total health is really good. Nature resistance is also a little helpfull in some content like AQ.

Worth mentioning is that tauren has a bigger hitbox, meaning they are able to hit targets from further away, but also to be hit from farther away.

If I understood you correctly you want to be able to play all given roles at different times during classic and not stick to one spec or role. In that case, purely objectively I'd say Orc. However, I'd strongly suggest you pick the race that appeals to you the most. Both can be worked with and the differences aren't big enough to be worth picking something other than what you'd really rather play.

   Linguine
Expect the worst. Hope for the best.
Ashenvale
User avatar
Posts: 203
Likes: 124
202 posts
Alliance
Shaman
Alliance Shaman 202 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It is a lot easier to work around Axe Spec on Horde than it is to work around Sword and Mace spec on Alliance, simply being that there are plenty of options that aren't axes, and not that many that are.

Tauren's comparison in PvE therefore isn't the same as Human vs. Gnome.

Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Discord:

Ossadogva#5294


Bnet:

Sinclare#2605


Posts: 80
Likes: 26
Orc Hunter 80 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Guys, don't think i'm trying to be salt but these topics starting to be redicilouse. Every class is good, every race is good, just release yourself from those shackles and pick class and race that you enjoy most. Play the game its meant to be played and stop those min-maxes, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
Cheers :)

Warlock Demonology
User avatar
Posts: 19
Likes: 3
Horde Rogue 19 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kchlangendin wrote:
1 week ago
Guys, don't think i'm trying to be salt but these topics starting to be redicilouse. Every class is good, every race is good, just release yourself from those shackles and pick class and race that you enjoy most. Play the game its meant to be played and stop those min-maxes, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
Cheers :)
Sorry if this is a repetitive post. I just wanted to see what would be the BIS race for Warrior now that leeway is confirmed by Blizzard and the last PvP tourneys highlighted Tauren Warriors. I really like both races equally, "fantasy" wise.

Hunter Marksman
User avatar
Posts: 501
Likes: 294
Orc Hunter 501 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kchlangendin wrote:
1 week ago
Guys, don't think i'm trying to be salt but these topics starting to be redicilouse. Every class is good, every race is good, just release yourself from those shackles and pick class and race that you enjoy most. Play the game its meant to be played and stop those min-maxes, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
Cheers :)
We do this constantly. People ask for what is "best". It typically involves them mentioning Orc. Orc is the best horde warrior race by a mile. We tell them that because the question is framed from a min/max perspective. People who arent min/maxers join the thread, that is asking a min/max question, and exclaim "BE WHATEVER YOU WANT, EVERYONE IS SPECIAL!" OP will typically squirm and make their case for taurens or undeads, we(usually me) point out why Orc is definitively superior. This goes on for a bit until they tucker out and the thread dies... 2-3 days later someone posts the same question, typically involving Orcs.

Hardiness is the best PvP racial ingame. Every competent PvPer has a stun. All of your opposition have grenades and built in stuns to their class with the exception of warlocks - warriors already have a lot of answers to warlock fear. For PvE throughput weapon skill is dominant, therefore axe skill is nuts. This can even affect PvE threat as new metas involving warriors doing DPS to generate threat before swapping to sword and board are emerging. Bloodfury rounds them out well offering a nice little bonus to both PvE and PvP for the most dominant warrior race combo ingame. The only case that could confidently be made for tauren is hp for tanking, and I still think that falls short given the Orcs combination of racials and the potential to gain more threat per second. Competent warriors in competent guilds would often prefer more TPS than HP from my experience.

Tauren range is sweet. We dont know how leeway will end up shuffling the meta. Leeway works both ways though, and tauren warriors are susceptible to FAR more snares and CC's, especially if they dont have a dedicated healer following them around at all times. The tauren warrior is a SUPER vulnerable punching bag in PvP.

If you play PvE dps, Orc axe spec is king. If you play PvP, hardiness will serve you best in most circumstances and provide the best value overall. If you are tanking in PvE, HP is less important than TPS - most tanking weapons are swords, but axes still provide and opportunity to provide additional TPS; In PvE tanking, a case can be made for tauren HP but I still think it is a weak case given the overwhelming strength of Orc in all other circumstances and the potential for a tanking Orc to generate more TPS especially as the meta grows into more and more aggressive/reckless tanking styles to generate higher TPS.

EDIT: I should have directly answered OP's question...
NinjaBomb wrote:
1 week ago
Choose the best overall race to roll as Horde Warrior in Classic, from these 2 options: Orc and Tauren.
Take in consideration the best choice to fulfill all roles: PVE DPS, PVE TANK and PVP.
If you can, explain your pick.
PVE DPS = Orc is superior for throughput - no argument can be made in opposition of this.
PvP = Orc is superior overall due to hardiness.
PvE TANK = A case can be made for either Orc or Tauren as a PvE tank, I think that TPS is more important than HP and would personally opt to play an Orc.

The best race overall is an Orc.

   NinjaBomb
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
Posts: 19
Likes: 3
Horde Rogue 19 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 week ago

Hardiness is the best PvP racial ingame. Every competent PvPer has a stun. All of your opposition have grenades and built in stuns to their class with the exception of warlocks - warriors already have a lot of answers to warlock fear. For PvE throughput weapon skill is dominant, therefore axe skill is nuts. This can even affect PvE threat as new metas involving warriors doing DPS to generate threat before swapping to sword and board are emerging. Bloodfury rounds them out well offering a nice little bonus to both PvE and PvP for the most dominant warrior race combo ingame. The only case that could confidently be made for tauren is hp for tanking, and I still think that falls short given the Orcs combination of racials and the potential to gain more threat per second. Competent warriors in competent guilds would often prefer more TPS than HP from my experience.

Tauren range is sweet. We dont know how leeway will end up shuffling the meta. Leeway works both ways though, and tauren warriors are susceptible to FAR more snares and CC's, especially if they dont have a dedicated healer following them around at all times. The tauren warrior is a SUPER vulnerable punching bag in PvP.

If you play PvE dps, Orc axe spec is king. If you play PvP, hardiness will serve you best in most circumstances and provide the best value overall. If you are tanking in PvE, HP is less important than TPS - most tanking weapons are swords, but axes still provide and opportunity to provide additional TPS; In PvE tanking, a case can be made for tauren HP but I still think it is a weak case given the overwhelming strength of Orc in all other circumstances and the potential for a tanking Orc to generate more TPS especially as the meta grows into more and more aggressive/reckless tanking styles to generate higher TPS.
Got it! Thanks for all the info, from everyone that replied.
Orc seems like the solid choice indeed! XD

Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

Morph#4209


Posts: 12
Likes: 6
12 posts
Troll
Warrior
Troll Warrior 12 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Why are we leaving Troll out of the discussion? Since the best tanking weapons in the game are not axes, and Troll has a racial which gives TPS in a weapon-independent, scaling-with-gear way, Trolls are actually the min-max BiS race for TPS at endgame raiding. Before that point Orc with an axe is best for TPS. Taurens don't have any extra threat but the health is nice for some progression fights.

   Stfuppercut
How ya doin' mon?
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 159
Likes: 104
158 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 158 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Morph wrote:
1 week ago
Why are we leaving Troll out of the discussion? Since the best tanking weapons in the game are not axes, and Troll has a racial which gives TPS in a weapon-independent, scaling-with-gear way, Trolls are actually the min-max BiS race for TPS at endgame raiding. Before that point Orc with an axe is best for TPS. Taurens don't have any extra threat but the health is nice for some progression fights.
I mentioned Trolls TPS potentials in the last thread, but the reason we’re not talking about them now is because OP want orc or Tauren.
That being said, trolls are underestimated.

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
Posts: 19
Likes: 3
Horde Rogue 19 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
1 week ago
but the reason we’re not talking about them now is because OP want orc or Tauren.
Exactly. I like to min-max a bit, but I try to balance it out with my preferences. And I really dont find trolls appealing, so I left them out.

Druid Feral
User avatar
Guild:

<Guide>


Posts: 3
Likes: 2
Night Elf Druid 3 posts
4 days ago (Beta)
4 days ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Troll is best for main tanking raids since threat is the biggest factor. Orc and Tauren are pretty interchangeable for tanking but bear in mind the main benefits of tauren are war stomp (which is amazing in pvp and dungeons, it can be useful for some raid trash too) and the extra range from leeway, not the extra HP. Orc is a good all round pick if you're not main tanking since the hardiness makes orc the PvP race and the axe specialisation is a great benefit to DPS.

Searing Gorge
User avatar
Bnet:

bluetickk#1119


Posts: 19
Likes: 12
Horde Priest 19 posts
4 days ago (Beta)
4 days ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

WOTF getting no love?

Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 159
Likes: 104
158 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 158 posts
4 days ago (Beta)
4 days ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

cburmeister wrote:
4 days ago
WOTF getting no love?
For tanking?

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Searing Gorge
User avatar
Bnet:

bluetickk#1119


Posts: 19
Likes: 12
Horde Priest 19 posts
4 days ago (Beta)
4 days ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
4 days ago
cburmeister wrote:
4 days ago
WOTF getting no love?
For tanking?
Of course not... OP mentioned PvP as well as PvE. It's stupid to not consider WOTF if debating the best Warrior race for PvP.

Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 15
Likes: 12
Undead Mage 15 posts
3 days ago (Beta)
3 days ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Orc for all roles. Orcs are better DPS than Tauren, though Tauren are better tanks. The axe spec is garbage for tanking because tanking axes are extremely rare, shouldn't really consider it for extra TPS.
Tauren for pure PvP because of the added range. Stun resist is nice but increasing the area in which you can hit people by 96% (!!!!!!) is so much more broken. Especially on a class that doesn't want to hit 1 person standing in front of him, but all persons standing in a circle around him (Whirlwind).

96% because: normal melee hitbox = 5 yards, Tauren male melee hitbox = 7 yards.
Surface area of normal melee range = 2*pi*5^2 = 78.54.
Surface area of Tauren melee range = 2*pi*7^2 = 153.94.
153.94 / 78.54 = 1.96.

   Harley
Similar topics
to 'Warrior Race Poll (Horde)'
Posts ViewsLast post