Druid Feral
Posts: 101
Likes: 52
Tauren Druid 100 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I might be wrong but it seems to me that some classes benefit more than others on the topic of endgame BOE's.

E.g. rogues for this matter. When naxx lands they can buy their farmable (nearly)bis weapons from the AH without ever setting a foot in a 40-man raid, or R14.

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=23221/ ... -servo-arm

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=23044/ ... m#comments

Am i wrong?

Undercity
User avatar
Discord:

snickerwicket#6165


Bnet:

dieversion#1658


Posts: 80
Likes: 45
Horde Druid 80 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I have no idea, but if that's the case what's the solution? #nochanges means stuff like this doesn't get fixed.

   Tec
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 110
162 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 162 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

You’re probably right but at the end of the day, can we do anything about it?

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Druid Feral
Posts: 101
Likes: 52
Tauren Druid 100 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
2 weeks ago
You’re probably right but at the end of the day, can we do anything about it?
Probably not :mrgreen: but it might decide your class pick from min/max standpoint.

E.g. do I pick a rogue or feral druid (where gear scales poorly later on).

Certainly when you know that frequently raiding isnt very likely due to time management.

Hunter Marksman
User avatar
Posts: 515
Likes: 300
Orc Hunter 513 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

BoE = Bind on Equip. Those are BoP items are they not? Pretty sure those both drop off of Naxx trash and represent a huge appeal for trash runs.

Also... How would Naxx trash gear ever sway your opinion in choosing a class? This whole thread is so confusing... I'm either massively misunderstanding something or... I dont know...

   Selexin
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 110
162 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 162 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Forsakenone wrote:
2 weeks ago
Tec wrote:
2 weeks ago
You’re probably right but at the end of the day, can we do anything about it?
Probably not :mrgreen: but it might decide your class pick from min/max standpoint.

E.g. do I pick a rogue or feral druid (where gear scales poorly later on).

Certainly when you know that frequently raiding isnt very likely due to time management.
I wouldn’t pick based on alone, but once I nail down what to play 100% I will look up gear progression for an idea of where to spend my time and gold most efficiently :)

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Druid Feral
Posts: 101
Likes: 52
Tauren Druid 100 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ohwww dear my reading skills failed, bop instead to boe.

My bad!

But still farmable outside of genuine raiding (small groups certainly can). And high end naxx guilds could sell spots in their raid for cash.

Hunter Marksman
User avatar
Posts: 515
Likes: 300
Orc Hunter 513 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Forsakenone wrote:
2 weeks ago
Ohwww dear my reading skills failed, bop instead to boe.

My bad!

But still farmable outside of genuine raiding (small groups certainly can). And high end naxx guilds could sell spots in their raid for cash.
Yea. I'm assuming my comments on Naxx farming sparked this on the other thread but this will always be the case. Independent of your class or spec, someone will be willing to sell you gear or runs. This is just the reality of the game. Getting gear requires value. You can gain value by knowing someone in real life, participating in a raid group or buying gold and trading it to a raid group or various other methods. Gear will always be gated behind value, not effort. In the case of Classic this is all too true. We often hear the old adage that vanilla is rewarding because it requires time and effort but this actually is not true... Vanilla requires value. Provide some form of value and then leverage that value to accumulate a reward.

This also spills over into considerations about pay to win. For some players the game has always been pay to win.

edit: but assuming this was the case, this wouldn't impact a min/maxers decision on what class to play. You min/max because you like winning. The goal is to clear all the content and win, not sit around in Org and buy BoE's off the AH. You cant min/max by buying a few BoE weapons and calling it a day... Choosing your class based on BoE gear availability is casual AF. You wouldnt need to buy gear from Naxx if you are planning on clearing it.
Forsakenone wrote:
2 weeks ago
And high end naxx guilds could sell spots in their raid for cash.
Yes. And those raids will be composed of min/maxers who are selling items to casuals who are providing them value with their credit cards. Either as a direct transaction or in the form of gold.

Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Bnet:

J0smann#1807


Posts: 133
Likes: 89
132 posts
Alliance
Paladin
Alliance Paladin 132 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

True, but that's just another interesting aspect of classic.

User avatar
Bnet:

Tom#23917


Posts: 110
Likes: 130
110 posts
Horde
Horde 110 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 110
162 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 162 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
2 weeks ago
Warriors can buy 2 BiS items that will last through pretty much all content -

https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm
https://www.wowhead.com/item=14551/edge ... handguards (only replaced by https://www.wowhead.com/item=21581/gaun ... nihilation)
Could https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm work for a holy paladin too, seeing as it say str or int?

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
User avatar
Posts: 144
Likes: 139
144 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 144 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
2 weeks ago
Relik wrote:
2 weeks ago
Warriors can buy 2 BiS items that will last through pretty much all content -

https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm
https://www.wowhead.com/item=14551/edge ... handguards (only replaced by https://www.wowhead.com/item=21581/gaun ... nihilation)
Could https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm work for a holy paladin too, seeing as it say str or int?
@Tec I think https://www.wowhead.com/item=12633/whitesoul-helm is the Paladin healer equivalent.

edit: also for other classes:
https://www.wowhead.com/item=14554/clou ... -legplates

https://www.wowhead.com/item=18282/core-marksman-rifle

<Shut up and Colour>
Image
User avatar
Bnet:

Tom#23917


Posts: 110
Likes: 130
110 posts
Horde
Horde 110 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
2 weeks ago
Relik wrote:
2 weeks ago
Warriors can buy 2 BiS items that will last through pretty much all content -

https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm
https://www.wowhead.com/item=14551/edge ... handguards (only replaced by https://www.wowhead.com/item=21581/gaun ... nihilation)
Could https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm work for a holy paladin too, seeing as it say str or int?
Sadly not, that tooltip does not have the correct vanilla stats because Wowhead only shows the stats as they exist in retail.

The actual item stats are:

Lionheart Helm
Binds when equipped
Head Plate
565 Armor
+18 Strength
Durability 100 / 100
Requires Level 56
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 2%.
Equip: Improves your chance to hit by 2%.

@teebling - Could be an idea to get support for ClassicDB links in a future BC update? :wink:

Scratch that, I just remembered that Wowhead has a classic version, duh.

Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 110
162 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 162 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Escalotes wrote:
2 weeks ago
Tec wrote:
2 weeks ago
Relik wrote:
2 weeks ago
Warriors can buy 2 BiS items that will last through pretty much all content -

https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm
https://www.wowhead.com/item=14551/edge ... handguards (only replaced by https://www.wowhead.com/item=21581/gaun ... nihilation)
Could https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm work for a holy paladin too, seeing as it say str or int?
@Tec I think https://www.wowhead.com/item=12633/whitesoul-helm is the Paladin healer equivalent.

edit: also for other classes:
https://www.wowhead.com/item=14554/clou ... -legplates

https://www.wowhead.com/item=18282/core-marksman-rifle
Oh right, I guess that one makes more sense

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 110
162 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 162 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
2 weeks ago
Tec wrote:
2 weeks ago
Relik wrote:
2 weeks ago
Warriors can buy 2 BiS items that will last through pretty much all content -

https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm
https://www.wowhead.com/item=14551/edge ... handguards (only replaced by https://www.wowhead.com/item=21581/gaun ... nihilation)
Could https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm work for a holy paladin too, seeing as it say str or int?
Sadly not, that tooltip does not have the correct vanilla stats because Wowhead only shows the stats as they exist in retail.

The actual item stats are:

Lionheart Helm
Binds when equipped
Head Plate
565 Armor
+18 Strength
Durability 100 / 100
Requires Level 56
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 2%.
Equip: Improves your chance to hit by 2%.

@teebling - Could be an idea to get support for ClassicDB links in a future BC update? :wink:
Ahh so it’s retail not classic items being shown. 2% hit chance is pretty damn sweet tho.

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
User avatar
Bnet:

Tom#23917


Posts: 110
Likes: 130
110 posts
Horde
Horde 110 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
2 weeks ago
Relik wrote:
2 weeks ago
Tec wrote:
2 weeks ago
Relik wrote:
2 weeks ago
Warriors can buy 2 BiS items that will last through pretty much all content -

https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm
https://www.wowhead.com/item=14551/edge ... handguards (only replaced by https://www.wowhead.com/item=21581/gaun ... nihilation)
Could https://www.wowhead.com/item=12640/lionheart-helm work for a holy paladin too, seeing as it say str or int?
Sadly not, that tooltip does not have the correct vanilla stats because Wowhead only shows the stats as they exist in retail.

The actual item stats are:

Lionheart Helm
Binds when equipped
Head Plate
565 Armor
+18 Strength
Durability 100 / 100
Requires Level 56
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 2%.
Equip: Improves your chance to hit by 2%.

@teebling - Could be an idea to get support for ClassicDB links in a future BC update? :wink:
Ahh so it’s retail not classic items being shown. 2% hit chance is pretty damn sweet tho.
Yeah that helm is insane.

Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 110
162 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 162 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Relik do you know if Druid have some super sweet BoE items like that I should look into? Preferably resto/feral

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
User avatar
Bnet:

Tom#23917


Posts: 110
Likes: 130
110 posts
Horde
Horde 110 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
2 weeks ago
@Relik do you know if Druid have some super sweet BoE items like that I should look into? Preferably resto/feral
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=14553/ ... y#comments comes to mind for resto.

Other than that I'm not too sure, check out this post for more info: https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/best ... raid-drops

   Tec
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 110
162 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 162 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
2 weeks ago
Tec wrote:
2 weeks ago
@Relik do you know if Druid have some super sweet BoE items like that I should look into? Preferably resto/feral
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=14553/ ... y#comments comes to mind for resto.

Other than that I'm not too sure, check out this post for more info: https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/best ... raid-drops
Sweet, thanks.

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
User avatar
Posts: 144
Likes: 139
144 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 144 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Tec For tanking, https://classic.wowhead.com/item=943/warden-staff is BIS for a long time

<Shut up and Colour>
Image
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 163
Likes: 110
162 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 162 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Escalotes wrote:
2 weeks ago
@Tec For tanking, https://classic.wowhead.com/item=943/warden-staff is BIS for a long time
10 defense sounds huge. Noted for bear!

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
Guild:

Knights of Cydonia


Discord:

Funplex#2428


Bnet:

Shisui#11984


Posts: 63
Likes: 46
Orc Warlock 63 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Three Epic's come to my mind right now.

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=14555/alcors-sunrazor Lovely dagger for tanks.

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=942/freezing-band some may dislike this ring, I love it.

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=14549/ ... -avoidance awesome tanking boots, great stats.

Image
Similar topics
to 'Op BOE's?'
Posts ViewsLast post