Knusper
Posts:
Likes: 0
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey guys,

since I can remember I played meele DPS or Tank.
Retail WoW --> Warrior
Lotro --> Champion
Guild Wars --> Guardian
ESO --> Dragon...uhm....Can't remember but meele dps

Now, with classic, I want to live my support atitude. I love beeing helpful, heal here and there.
Someone is getting low health while questing?...I jump in and get him a heal.

What I dont know for sure is: Is it a big change to play a ranged DPS/Healer?
I hope you understand what's my point. Maybe some of you made that choice already?

Looking forward for your help

Thanks guys

Searing Gorge
User avatar
Posts: 28
Likes: 22
Horde
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm rolling a priest as its the only character in classic I never had the chance to play (besides Paladin... for the horde!).

I was able to do the 1-5 and 1-15 stress tests and had an absolute blast.

Healing people on the fly, buffing everyone, wanding things to death, damage over time, no downtime... priests can be so much fun!

My goal for classic is to find a guild and either heal (or shadow if i'm lucky) and get a benediction/anathema.

If you're serious about rolling a priest checkout some of the streamers that are currently playing priests in the beta:




Larry the Undead Priest @ Fairbanks
User avatar
Posts: 61
Likes: 30
Horde
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It sounds like you should consider playing a paladin... you'd have great heals along with blessings, etc. and you'd also wear plate and have the ability to melee.

   Stfuppercut
Guest
Posts:
Likes: 0
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ejangle wrote:
3 months ago
It sounds like you should consider playing a paladin... you'd have great heals along with blessings, etc. and you'd also wear plate and have the ability to melee.
I actually thought the same, but my mates (15 Dudes) want to play horde. So there is no pally for me. I can't get warm with shamy either...the totem stuff is not fun for me.
cburmeister wrote:
3 months ago
I'm rolling a priest as its the only character in classic I never had the chance to play (besides Paladin... for the horde!).

I was able to do the 1-5 and 1-15 stress tests and had an absolute blast.

Healing people on the fly, buffing everyone, wanding things to death, damage over time, no downtime... priests can be so much fun!

My goal for classic is to find a guild and either heal (or shadow if i'm lucky) and get a benediction/anathema.

If you're serious about rolling a priest checkout some of the streamers that are currently playing priests in the beta:




Bro thank you or the big reply. I know some of the streamers already. A german streamer (im from GER) also plays priest and he sais the same like you.

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1305
Likes: 2504
Orc
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey Knusper,

Also you might want to have a look at the Priest section of our big list of non-video resources/guides post if you're interested in the class.

   cburmeister
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 184
Likes: 136
Tauren
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I played a little bit of priest through BC and enjoyed it quite a bit. I never got to raids though, so it may have gotten boring when you have to be holy in everything. Personally I liked shadow a lot, and when I had to heal I went discipline because I liked the "sching sching sching" sound that penance made.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
Undercity
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 17
Likes: 10
Undead
Mage
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Back in the day I played priest as my secondary character, my main being a mage, and I'm gonna do the same this time around. In WoW it's really enjoyable because you get so many tools as a priest. You can go full healing with discipline(buffing) or you can go shadow priest with some healing and still be effective. It's just a really versatile class.

Warlock Affliction
User avatar
Posts: 349
Likes: 165
Horde
Warlock
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I played Priest all through Classic and raided at a high level and absolutely loved it!

It did suck to respec if you wanted to farm or pvp as shadow but its the price to pay to have a versatile class like @Artmos said! Also you can pvp as holy/disc too as a healer and support so you dont need to dps/shadow in pvp. Though it was fun to melt faces!

As a difference between melee/tank in raids as holy.
Instead of just mindlessly starring and attaching the mob and once in a while watching threat, I spent more time staring at health bars on the screen.
I think its more fun because your always on your feet a lot, watching your mana, saving lives, decide whether to down grade heals, watch your rogue or tank (depending on the incounter) go from 100% to 15% and wet your pants trying to get your heal off lol

I remember pre casting a heal if your on tank duty and if hes full health when you get to the end of the cast you cancel it and try again.

I recommend taking the plunge into playing a priest.
You wont be disappointed because they are wanted in both PVE and PVP!

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 38 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1073
Likes: 716
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Having mained a priest in vanilla and a warrior in BC, the two classes couldn't be more different. It would be impossible for us to draw any meaningful similarities between the two. Classic will be around for awhile, you cant possibly choose the wrong class... Just pick something and if you hate it, reroll.

The only similarity I can possibly think about is your value. Your value as a warrior or priest are both fairly high at max level. People will want you around.

One major difference is the validity of your specs. As a warrior you have the benefit of playing all 3 specs. All specs are optimal in their own right. Priest is a bit different. Everyone will want you to play as holy. You can find some fringe specs that you can make work as a priest and typically there is room for one meme priest in a raiding guild, but they will still request that you play a shadow/holy hybrid rather than full shadow... Warrior has a bit more wiggle room to make decisions. Priests will be nagged at pretty relentlessly by the people that surround you. This was my experience anyhow.

Knusper
Posts:
Likes: 0
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Dudes, thanks a lot for your opinions yet.
So much positivity. I think I will go all in and roll a priest.

Well, isn't Classic exactly like this....roll a class, try something new, take your time, enjoy what you have.
I can twink a rogue for example, if priest gets boring sometimes.

I can't wait to play on release.

See you soon boys and girls !

Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I find it very interesting how there are so many players who tend to play both warrior and priest.

I believe it is due to the class complexity and value within community.
Both classes have big depth of play. Strong, with high skill ceiling, fun and dynamic rotations. Able to perform multiple roles and have various gameplay experience.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 899
Likes: 712
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
3 months ago
I find it very interesting how there are so many players who tend to play both warrior and priest.

I believe it is due to the class complexity and value within community.
Both classes have big depth of play. Strong, with high skill ceiling, fun and dynamic rotations. Able to perform multiple roles and have various gameplay experience.
I should try to find old screenshots. When I was raiding MC late in vanilla our guild would sometimes go with 11 priests and 10 warriors or something equally insane. Then it was just a couple of each other class. It was almost depressing :sad:

ImageImage Lvl 45
ImageImage Lvl 35
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1073
Likes: 716
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
3 months ago
I believe it is due to the class complexity and value within community.
Both classes have big depth of play. Strong, with high skill ceiling, fun and dynamic rotations. Able to perform multiple roles and have various gameplay experience.
Vanilla and chocolate classes. Simple. Straightforward. Neither took much experience or theorycrafting to get value out of. They were both relatively straight forward. I think a lot of people (like myself) who entered WoW as one of their first MMO's appreciated the simplicity. What was a hunter? What was a warlock? What would those classes play like later on...? I had nothing to compare it to. I knew warrior would be a warrior. I knew priest would be a priest. I think people who are looking for something straight forward were drawn to these classes. That was the case for me and my friends anyhow.

Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Stfuppercut For people back in the day who didn't know the classes through and through it surely might have been the case. I would love to go back and relive that fresh experience. I quess we (I) need a new good quality mmo for that reason.

   Selexin
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Guest
Posts:
Likes: 0
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
3 months ago
I find it very interesting how there are so many players who tend to play both warrior and priest.

I believe it is due to the class complexity and value within community.
Both classes have big depth of play. Strong, with high skill ceiling, fun and dynamic rotations. Able to perform multiple roles and have various gameplay experience.
I think it's due to the fact, that you got two different playstyles. When you get bored of healing, log to your warri and jump right into the fight meele and so on.
Hybrid classes are more an allrounder, but never straight a specific style.
In my opinion, healing is so much more satisfying then push buttons and see dmg numbers. Healing feels more ....rewarding :)

Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 293
Likes: 120
Horde
Shaman
1 month ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

ejangle wrote:
3 months ago
It sounds like you should consider playing a paladin... you'd have great heals along with blessings, etc. and you'd also wear plate and have the ability to melee.
good point

Image  Image  Image  Image
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/caperfin
Similar topics
to 'All time meele wants to roll priest'
Posts ViewsLast post