Paladin Protection
User avatar
Posts: 94
Likes: 124
Human
Paladin
3 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

killerduki wrote:
3 weeks ago

Your statement regarding this has no sense at all.
How about you level past 30 and show me how its done instead? :)

   Stfuppercut
Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
3 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Holyfrog wrote:
3 weeks ago
killerduki wrote:
3 weeks ago

Your statement regarding this has no sense at all.
How about you level past 30 and show me how its done instead? :)
Ill have to re quote you, because you enjoy to live in ignorance :

viewtopic.php?p=29450#p29450
killerduki wrote:
3 weeks ago
In few days i am coming back in Game finally! After long work and busy irl stuffs. Time to rock
Just reminder again :
Holyfrog wrote:
2 months ago
here's no way in hell that private servers got this so wrong.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... ssic/90770
Vanillagogo-magtheridon, post:1, topic:90770 wrote: Any tank can deal with Ragnaros almost without fire resist gear!!! Ragnaros is easy AF! It was harder on private servers!
Again reminder :
Holyfrog wrote:
2 months ago
The reason I would like to see you banned, is at some point debating with someone who is deliberately misleading everyone and refusing to read a single source being given to them that disprove their claims is futile

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Paladin Protection
User avatar
Posts: 94
Likes: 124
Human
Paladin
3 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It's really too bad the other thread got deleted, because you stood your ground on saying a week 1 Ragnaros was impossible while I said it would be happening. Now you are quoting some thread where someone says Rag is easy?

It must be hard getting so mixed up in your own bs you cant keep anything straight. So ill just stop replying. Debating with you is always a pointless waste of time.

   Stfuppercut
Paladin Protection
User avatar
US Deviate Delight
Posts: 145
Likes: 120
Human
Paladin
3 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Threat should no longer a issue for prot paladins.

I'll be raiding progression MC (Deviate Delight) here pretty soon as a full on tank. I'll have information/video in the next week or so.

Image
Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
3 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Holyfrog wrote:
3 weeks ago
It's really too bad the other thread got deleted, because you stood your ground on saying a week 1 Ragnaros was impossible while I said it would be happening. Now you are quoting some thread where someone says Rag is easy?
Sure it was done because of "ABUSING BUGS" ..

Like yeah , your claims were true, let all Abuse Bugs and clear all things on 1st week.

No wonder why Blizzard already did 5 hotfixes afterward to fix the very same "Abusing Bugs" and is not yet even over doing it still.

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Paladin Protection
User avatar
US Deviate Delight
Posts: 145
Likes: 120
Human
Paladin
3 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Tbh the spellcleave groups with demo shout bug pretty much bought them a lot of time. Still impressive though. I was still personally leaning on apes or someone to that caliber clearing it in 1 week or close to 1 week.

   killerduki
Image
Paladin Protection
User avatar
Posts: 94
Likes: 124
Human
Paladin
3 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

killerduki wrote:
3 weeks ago
Sure it was done because of "ABUSING BUGS" ..


What bug abuse exactly? Pathological lying is a mental disorder. You keep stating things that are flat out untrue in face of overwhelming and clear evidence that what you say is complete and utter bullshit. And you actually dont realize people see through it. Nothing ever changes with you.

Edit: In case you are referring to the fire resist buff from UBRS. I know you already read this link. I linked it to you in the thread you made on the Battle.net forums, but we all know evidence is something you dont give a shit about.

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-cus ... /18158.htm
Using Mind Control to have a Scarshield Spellbinder buff your party with "Resist Fire" is not considered to be an exploitation of game mechanics, but rather the clever use of an "easter egg" of sorts deliberately implemented by our developers. My guild does it all the time before we take on Ragnaros. Buff to your heart's content. :)

   Stfuppercut
Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
3 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Holyfrog wrote:
3 weeks ago
What bug abuse exactly? Pathological lying is a mental disorder. You keep stating things that are flat out untrue in face of overwhelming and clear evidence that what you say is complete and utter bullshit. And you actually dont realize people see through it. Nothing ever changes with you.
What bug?

Abusing Leveling XP in Dungeons using 10 mans , Abusing Layers to it's own advantage to speed up the whole process of hitting week 1 very quick lvl 60 and being able to kill Ragnaros.

Constantly resetting Raids in same day (even after killing Bosses) abusing Layers to it's own advantage to get the gear from MC Bosses in order to clear it and then kill Ragnaros, even worse, the Reputation for Hydraxian thanks to resetting MC after killing Bosses!

Should i count more?!

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Paladin Protection
User avatar
Posts: 94
Likes: 124
Human
Paladin
3 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

killerduki wrote:
3 weeks ago
Constantly resetting Raids in same day (even after killing Bosses) abusing Layers to it's own advantage to get the gear from MC Bosses in order to clear it and then kill Ragnaros.
This guy is actually dumb. Get some help Duki. Skarm, just to name an example was given a 7 day ban for resetting Gnomeregan with layering, and yet it doesnt strike you as odd that not a single member of APES were banned when layering MC would be a much more serious exploit?

Lies upon lies upon lies and upon lies.

Btw, APES leveled with 5 man parties nearly all the way to 60 and only started doing some ZF when everyone else were also doing it, because it would be dumb to choose to lose the race to 60 against Dreamstate by not using the most efficient leveling method. You are free to look up their vods and see for yourself.

Also your argument was that Ragnaros was too HARD, to be killed week 1. Which clearly wasnt the case. How you level to 60 have absolutely no bearing on your argument but you just keep moving the goalpost as always when your dumb stupid statements get called out as being dumb and stupid.

It's really fascinating how one person can be this delusional.

   Stfuppercut
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1077
Likes: 721
Gnome
Warrior
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Holyfrog wrote:
3 weeks ago
It's really too bad the other thread got deleted, because you stood your ground on saying a week 1 Ragnaros was impossible while I said it would be happening. Now you are quoting some thread where someone says Rag is easy?
I'm really sad that thread is gone. Its funny how much traction the anti 1-2 week clear threads were getting, yet when APES clears Rag, the celebration thread gets no attention... Everyone turned into phantoms. "What, huh, yea we knew it could be done, who cares?" Mhmmmm...

By the way, I'm hoping THIS thread stays alive forever.

Druid Feral
US Stalagg
Posts: 150
Likes: 73
Tauren
Druid
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
2 weeks ago
Holyfrog wrote:
3 weeks ago
It's really too bad the other thread got deleted, because you stood your ground on saying a week 1 Ragnaros was impossible while I said it would be happening. Now you are quoting some thread where someone says Rag is easy?
I'm really sad that thread is gone. Its funny how much traction the anti 1-2 week clear threads were getting, yet when APES clears Rag, the celebration thread gets no attention... Everyone turned into phantoms. "What, huh, yea we knew it could be done, who cares?" Mhmmmm...

By the way, I'm hoping THIS thread stays alive forever.
Image

Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 216
Likes: 121
Night Elf
Hunter
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

And to think, poor innocent Gauze, still a lvl 1 on this forum, accidentally started this thread with an innocent question that was answered on the first page.

   Stfuppercut Targo
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Raikkan- Human Warlock
Keatts- Human Rogue

-Savages of Grobbulus, prepare yourselves for slaughter.
Paladin Protection
User avatar
US Deviate Delight
Posts: 145
Likes: 120
Human
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Image

Before boss died.

Recap of what happened. It's by no means anything impressive in my eyes because this was a million times easier than tanking private server Luci...but it does highlight some things that are diffrent compared to private server tanking.

This is just some random welfare PUG I joined due to boredom, not half bad for the average 25-30 people and mixed levels.

I was a OT and I was tanking a add, the MT was on the boss. After my add was killed I went to the boss as they killed the other add.

Around 45% the MT got nuked, luckily for the raid I was being smart and was building threat and was 2nd on threat.

Through Greater Blessing of King spam and regular rotation I maintained full threat on the boss until he died with almost no consumes (It was a random pug I wasn't wasting consumes on this).

So the difference between private servers and classic is that RF works a lot better with our spells. RF applies threat to our Greater Blessings. If you spam buff the same class (Target the class with the most players) which in this case it was the paladins with 7 people. I was able to do about 450-500 threat per GBoK cast (The threat increases the more people you buff). This ontop of my normal rotation did around 1k TPS, now due to me not using consumes I was oom a good bit towards the end. With GBoK only costing 150 mana I regened this pretty fast. (Would've been faster if I had Wisdom on the boss, but I wasn't thinking.) So ontop of having Seal of Righteousness up and meleeing and a Greater Blessing of Kings going off around ever 5 seconds I was easily able to maintain threat without issue until we killed the boss.

I was also able to use the blessing as a form of sudo taunt. The OT and I had a good deal going to where if I was sitting at 20% or so he would taunt off until I get topped off. I would cast off about 2-3 Greater blessings off and the boss came back to me. So in a way I can "taunt".

Also the threat meter sucks, it is not accurate. If it was we would've wiped so theres that.

Image
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1077
Likes: 721
Gnome
Warrior
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
2 weeks ago
And to think, poor innocent Gauze, still a lvl 1 on this forum, accidentally started this thread with an innocent question that was answered on the first page.
He just wanted to innocently try to be a prot paladin because they exist in retail lol.

   Selexin
User avatar
OC Arugal
Posts: 4
Likes: 2
Human
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Plenty of good information in this thread. But come on guys, so few of us around and people give us a hard time, should we not unite and help each other instead of killing each other on the forums?

Incidently, I'm also a prot pally that has started tanking in MC.

Would it be possible to have access to the spreadsheet as well? I was looking through it and there's some information I'll be able add on to it too.

User avatar
OC Arugal
Posts: 4
Likes: 2
Human
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caspus wrote:
2 weeks ago

So the difference between private servers and classic is that RF works a lot better with our spells. RF applies threat to our Greater Blessings. If you spam buff the same class (Target the class with the most players) which in this case it was the paladins with 7 people. I was able to do about 450-500 threat per GBoK cast (The threat increases the more people you buff). This ontop of my normal rotation did around 1k TPS, now due to me not using consumes I was oom a good bit towards the end. With GBoK only costing 150 mana I regened this pretty fast. (Would've been faster if I had Wisdom on the boss, but I wasn't thinking.) So ontop of having Seal of Righteousness up and meleeing and a Greater Blessing of Kings going off around ever 5 seconds I was easily able to maintain threat without issue until we killed the boss.


Also the threat meter sucks, it is not accurate. If it was we would've wiped so theres that.
Hey Caspus, have you tested if its ALL greater blessings affected by RF? or just the Holy Tree (Light and WIsdom). But yeah technically all pally spells are classified as Holy.

Paladin Protection
User avatar
US Deviate Delight
Posts: 145
Likes: 120
Human
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

It is all greaters. The only reason I use kings specifically because it's the lowest mana cost, only being 150 mana.

Also just ignore them. They'll keep whineing like school children till the end of time over a video game. If you wanna learn more about prot paladins I can PM you a discord link that's not full of people who are nihilistic assholes who get off to telling people no or delusional people who are in fantasy land that pretty much make stuff up.

Image
Paladin Protection
User avatar
Posts: 94
Likes: 124
Human
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

moonfirespammer wrote:
2 weeks ago
Caspus wrote:
2 weeks ago

So the difference between private servers and classic is that RF works a lot better with our spells. RF applies threat to our Greater Blessings. If you spam buff the same class (Target the class with the most players) which in this case it was the paladins with 7 people. I was able to do about 450-500 threat per GBoK cast (The threat increases the more people you buff). This ontop of my normal rotation did around 1k TPS, now due to me not using consumes I was oom a good bit towards the end. With GBoK only costing 150 mana I regened this pretty fast. (Would've been faster if I had Wisdom on the boss, but I wasn't thinking.) So ontop of having Seal of Righteousness up and meleeing and a Greater Blessing of Kings going off around ever 5 seconds I was easily able to maintain threat without issue until we killed the boss.


Also the threat meter sucks, it is not accurate. If it was we would've wiped so theres that.
Hey Caspus, have you tested if its ALL greater blessings affected by RF? or just the Holy Tree (Light and WIsdom). But yeah technically all pally spells are classified as Holy.
Everything with the exception of Blessing of Wisdom, which does not generate threat. The other Greater Blessings produce threat equal to the level of which they were learned, so in the case of Kings it will produce 60 threat per player buffed, multiplied the 1.9x modifier on Righteous Fury.

And please, Caspus. You are well aware I only have a problem with Killerduki as he's repeatedly being misleading by posting flat out false information that can be easily proven as false. So I really do not appreciate that you tell people to ignore the rest of us when all you do yourself is post "Protection paladin best paladin" in every thread rather than contributing to fighting the false info as well. Saying we are all nihilistic assholes getting off on telling people no, is one major assumption that you have no right to be making because thats just no true. I just care about the information actually being correct and I believe this thread demonstrates that.

I know that you are experienced with the class, so it would be good if we actually got your perspective as well. Take moonfirespammer's advice and let's unite together instead of dividing further.

Paladin Protection
User avatar
US Deviate Delight
Posts: 145
Likes: 120
Human
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Never said ignore the rest of you I just said ignore the people who clearly don't contribute and make up stuff like killer. None of what I said was related to you, mostly stfu and killer. Who are polar opposites in this topic and contribute nothing.

Was early in the morning so I apologize if I made it sound like fuck everyone.

Image
Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Its funny how you proclaim as contributor , when you contributed barely nothing and holyfrog contributing arguing with me most of the time...

What contribution did you provide so far?

Blessings being bugged and work with rf?

Prot paladin best paladin.... Imo.

What Holyfrog did contribute so far?

Paladins do low threat, paladins oom, paladins are weaker than warriors, paladins have no taunt....

Nice contribution lads, keep going.

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Paladin Protection
User avatar
US Deviate Delight
Posts: 145
Likes: 120
Human
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I usually shitpost in public channels because I don't honestly care to contribute that much in threads or channels that end up in a shitfest. I contribute more amongst DMs.

The buff threat is working as intended.

My plan is to only show progress I make here, other than that I have no reason to prove anything I do.

But if you have questions just ask me, I'm not keeping secrets.

Image
Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Ofc buff threat should be there, but should not be increased with RF if that's the case.
The very same Buff threat should divide amongs all targets who are already affected by your threat too.

Example: if you have 1 target, he then should receive all threat from the amount of buffed players, if you have more than 1 target, then all targets should split threat from buffed players amongs them equally.

RF suppose to increase only holy dmg abilities or holy dmg proc items threat, nothing else, otherwise it is bugged.

Also i do wonder what stuff you mean that i make up? Posting videos of me main tanking raids and tanking dungeons/raids? Telling how stuffs work as protection paladin which opposes your ways?

That's the funny part when YOU mention me about making stuffs up!

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
User avatar
EU Pyrewood Village
Posts: 6
Likes: 7
Alliance
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Could we get a comprehensive list of threat building abilities sorted by mana usage on Prot pally?

If RF is bugged to grant threat mod on buff application like King..

Can we do the same with aura switching on/off for free? I'm thinking here of a simple macro /stance:1 /stance:2 rolled into a button that we can spam and get free threat?

   killerduki
Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Not on full guides maker, but you have seal of righteousness as number 1 threat making ability with lowest mana consumption, its not snap threat, but with its own duration is most efficient.

Next is judgement of righteousnes as snap threat , but low mana cost and scale very high with spell power.

Holy shield is mostly effective if you got high block rate, later , aftet you obtain def cap goes bit lower on threat versus other abilities, but it is low mana consumption. Exception is made after you get sapphiron trinket, but thats far, still this ability is good to use for surviving on top of threat making.

Consecratiom, most effective threat making at the very beginning with huge mana consumption, later ot become useless versus single target, okey to use 1-2 times max rank per pull , just to make sure you build quickly aggro, but later should be last one to use versus single target mob/boss.

Most effective and mana efficient is exorcism, high threat with semi-low mana consumption, but limited to undeads.

Judgement of wisdom against single target is most efficient if target is alive for more than 15 seconds, not only the mana regen provides you more threat, will also provide enough mana to survive whole fight duration with your mana pool.

Judgement of crusader , lower threat versus judgement of wisdom due to not being able to regen your mana, still good to use it as 2nd one if you got someone else doing it, suggesting retribution paladin to do it for you.

Retribution aura is most effective threat for literally 0 mana usage, it is much higher threat than blessing of sanctuary.

Blessing of sanctuary for low mana consumptio n does medium threat, lower than retribution aura, but can stack and is good to use due to damage reduction.

Havent tested if auras switching do provide you threat, but if it does, that will be another bug.

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
2 weeks ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Holyfrog wrote:
3 weeks ago
killerduki wrote:
3 weeks ago

Your statement regarding this has no sense at all.
How about you level past 30 and show me how its done instead? :)

Just reminder to you when you did questioned "if the paladin prot becomes a new meta as Killerduki says" (your words) in Classic at the Theorycraft discord . I am not there , otherwise i would have posted it with screenshots , so ppl would have seen who was right and who was wrong all the time.

"Spell Cleave"

Peace out ;)

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Similar topics
to 'Serious Disscussion on Paladin Tanking.'
Posts ViewsLast post