View results
Poll  •  New metas?
Deleted User 1531
donator Posts:
Deleted User 1531
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

What are some of the most unusual/ridiculous/cool/lame specs you’ve tried or come across?

And also, since this game has “already been played” what are your thoughts upon this?

Will we be seeing new metas, or will history just repeat itself?

Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1168
Gnome
Warrior
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I seen a cool hunter spell damage build on private where they would hot swap gear with +spell dmg and use explosive traps / sapper charges as some weird hunter spell damage aoe build? Not sure on the specifics and doubt it would translate well into Classic. I also seen a spell damage rogue build that was being theorycrafted with fiery enchants, im not sure how that ever turned out. Needless to say, neither of these things rewrote the meta. A rogue being a rogue will likely perform better than a rogue trying to be a mage due to the itemization on rogue items. This is true for almost all classes.

"Will we be seeing new metas, or will history just repeat itself?" The meta constantly evolves. This will never ever stop, in any game, ever. However, most of the top tier performing specs will remain the same. You may find some neat niche stuff that we havent seen, but it wont be some game breaking discovery that millions and millions of users have missed throughout 15 years of play. I'm always interested in new ideas or new ways to combine odd item interactions, however I dont forsee that the meta will be rewritten in Classic. I suspect there will be a constant and sublte shift of the meta forever but that we have a pretty firm grasp on what to expect.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 days ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Warrior Fury
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 114
Human
Warrior
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Im fan of Unsual combos, i've played almost everything except dwarf female and that has to be super fun.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 356
Horde
Shaman
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I have personally played everything that I will be mentioning in this post. I'll tell you weird spec stuff and tell you what they can achieve.

- Priest Raid Tank (probably the funnest rotation in the game)
- Rogue Raid Tank
- Warlock Raid Tank
- Hunter Raid Tank
- Caster Resto Druid Raid Tank
All of the above can get up to AQ and some even AQ itself with a competent guild and good gear.

Melee Spell Power Hunter is a weird build but causes more damage than Ranged Hunter.
A Holy paladin will cause the most damage within the Paladin Class. (this one shocks a lot of people...pun intended)

Tag me, if you would like to know more about what was said.

@pingaan

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/caperfin
Rogue Assassination
Horde
Warlock
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

SM/DS Imagine not relying on lucky SB crits, starting duels with a Succu to seduce > soulfire> > fear > sacrifice > flat SB // FAT dot damage -- All with an instant summon for Sacrifice and a 4sec succu/fh resumm.

Doesn't sound as good as SMruin/DSruin because of bit crit numbers but sounds so fun.

Rogue Subtlety
donator Posts: 28
Undead
Rogue
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Caperfin I thought shockadin wasn't really a thing until BC?

Luthilan - Undead Rogue - Herod
donator Posts: 47
Human
Paladin
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There's a new paladin spec on the rise, the so called Spelladin.
It's a mix between normal Ret and spellpower itemization, heading towards full spellpower later on when the items allow it.
This is currently being theorycrafted hard on private servers and to a degree on the classic beta with the available information and currently it seems like it will be quite good.

Selexin Falcon Sumi0z Sudnep
My Paladin youtube channel containing leveling, gearing and general classic information:
JUDGEMENT
Warrior Fury
US Fairbanks
donator Posts: 1168
Gnome
Warrior
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Judgement wrote:
6 months ago
There's a new paladin spec on the rise, the so called Spelladin.
It's a mix between normal Ret and spellpower itemization, heading towards full spellpower later on when the items allow it.
This is currently being theorycrafted hard on private servers and to a degree on the classic beta with the available information and currently it seems like it will be quite good.
Spelladin, shockadin, retadin, tankadin... Pallys have provided some of the most interesting builds I have seen.

Selexin
g0bledyg00k wrote:
4 days ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Rogue Subtlety
Undead
Rogue
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

🤔 now I wish horde had paladins lol.

Druid Restoration
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 957
Tauren
Druid
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
6 months ago
Got any info/links for this one, I am intrigued :)

Lvl 60
Lvl 35
Druid Balance
donator Posts: 52
Horde
Druid
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm not sure about specific builds but I love playing the "underdog" class/build. Balance druid in vanilla for instance.

Rogue Assassination
Horde
Warlock
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Judgement wrote:
6 months ago
be quite good.
Isn't that the reason why things are underplayed? :lol:

Badlands
EU Flamelash
Horde
Shaman
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Selexin I pm'ed you an excerpt about Caster Resto Druid Tanking.

donator Posts: 74
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
6 months ago
I have personally played everything that I will be mentioning in this post. I'll tell you weird spec stuff and tell you what they can achieve.

- Rogue Raid Tank
- Warlock Raid Tank
- Hunter Raid Tank
All of the above can get up to AQ and some even AQ itself with a competent guild and good gear.

Melee Spell Power Hunter is a weird build but causes more damage than Ranged Hunter.
A Holy paladin will cause the most damage within the Paladin Class. (this one shocks a lot of people...pun intended)

When you say "Warlock Raid Tank" are you referring to like Garr and Twin Emperors or what?

donator Posts: 74
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Luthilan wrote:
6 months ago
🤔 now I wish horde had paladins lol.
One of the added bonuses of playing Horde is not having to deal with clown ret paladins that waste gear and make guilds look bad.

Rogue Subtlety
Undead
Rogue
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Swans tbf I've just always wanted to play shockadin. I mained hpally in Wrath and wish I could've enjoyed that fun in tbc.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
Horde
Shaman
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Swans I mean flat out 100% tanking or off-tanking the majority of bosses in WoW.

Shaman Enhancement
donator Posts: 18
Tauren
Shaman
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Most of the meta will remain the same.

However, the meta is still being refined even recently on private servers, and some things will work differently on classic. So there will be small changes. Not "Moonkins are great now" type changes, but more like "Elemental Shamans are slightly more viable if you do a few of these crazy things that only a small percentage of the playerbase will bother with" type changes.

Stfuppercut Falcon
Badlands
EU Flamelash
Horde
Shaman
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Reiker agreed the last few years, as an ele shaman myself, we recently started using flame shock+flame buffet in our rotation and also doing a fire totem rotation.

Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 196
Undead
Mage
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Any class that specs 17/17/17. I would have to say that would be pretty unusual. That and Shaman tanks and Pally DPSers, those poor lost souls...

Our time will come.
donator Posts: 24
Gnome
Mage
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
6 months ago

- Rogue Raid Tank
- Warlock Raid Tank
- Hunter Raid Tank

Hey Caperfin, would you mind sharing any tips/guides on priest tanking (Zin-Malor stuff I guess?)
Heard of it but never tried. Time to set new ambitious goals for Classic.

Badlands
EU Flamelash
Horde
Shaman
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Shadire sent you a pm

Mulgore
donator Posts: 184
Tauren
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Does anyone else remember seeing rogue evasion tanks?

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
donator Posts: 1
Horde
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Caperfin I would love some more info on all of your tank specs you linked. That kind of stuff is very awesome

Badlands
EU Flamelash
Horde
Shaman
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Cereal_ sent you a PM.

tygoro