Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1035
Likes: 1740
Orc Warrior 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If you guys haven’t seen it yet, someone made a site that lists popular addons that are either working in the current classic beta build (orange), planned to have a working classic version (blue) and addons where no info is available on their status yet (grey).

This of course doesn’t mean that the above addons will work on the release - we still don’t know much about the addon stance other than what they said at blizzcon last year (they are considering banning addons that are ‘not classic’) whatever that means.

Anyway, still kind of interesting. I am loving having no addons in the beta at the moment and the game loads sooo fast. That said, scrolling through that list - Bagnon, and Bartender are the only ones that I really want to use just for a nice UI.

YAHT is tempting but I don’t know - would I be cheating a bit having a swing timer/autoshot timer? Does it really matter? Wonder what Blizzard’s ‘rules’ will be and how many of these addons will actually make it into the final release.

Any addons from that list tha you guys are opposed to (apart from dungeon io which we already have another topic for) with your reasons? Any you hope will make into live with your reasons?

   s1atan Chablo Cielos Escalotes neofrag Dolamite
Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 267
Likes: 96
Human Paladin 266 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

i really hope blizz will not break questie because this is so good. Autoswing timer were also a thing back then.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Winterspring
User avatar
Bnet:

s1atan#2841


Posts: 184
Likes: 130
Horde 184 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I like vendor price, bagnon and some bar changing addon. Some addons would be nice like atlas or yaht but not essential. :)

Image
Winterspring
User avatar
Discord:

Chablo#3335


Bnet:

Chablo#11275


Posts: 34
Likes: 20
Tauren Warrior 34 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This is an awesome concept. Eager to see the progress of addons. Glad we will get to use some.

Image
Image
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 61
Likes: 32
61 posts
Horde
Druid
Horde Druid 61 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've come across that site yesterday. Interesting to see which addons they will remake / create for Classic.
That's one thing that will be a lot bigger / more developed compared to Vanilla.

In retail I always used a lot of addons because I like the feeling of a clean/minimal UI (OCD much).
But I also HATE addons like GearScore, Raider.IO, .. These addons can seriously affect the gameplay of Classic.

Ungoro Crater
User avatar
Bnet:

Slocain#2143


Posts: 33
Likes: 16
Alliance Mage 33 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pixstar wrote:
1 month ago
But I also HATE addons like GearScore, Raider.IO, .. These addons can seriously affect the gameplay of Classic.
Amen! I saw that there's also an addon in the works for making LFR possible, which is really something that's totally against the values of classic. :eek:

   Cielos Pixstar
Druid Feral
User avatar
Posts: 12
Likes: 8
12 posts
Druid
Druid 12 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I didn’t play vanilla when it was live so I don’t know what kind of addons were there at that time. My take on addons will be I will do some leveling without them to get my feet wet, but then add the addons I will want to use to make my experience better.

Stranglethorn Vale
User avatar
Posts: 33
Likes: 12
Horde Priest 33 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm surprised to see a LFG type addon and Azeroth Auto Pilot. I thought they stated they weren't going to allow addons like this?

ImageImage
Classic Waiting Room
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 38
Likes: 28
38 posts
Undead
Mage
Undead Mage 38 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I will go by whatever Blizz rules. If they allow the tools to exist, then I will use them. If they ban the tools, then I won't.

I agree it will break the feeling of classic with modern tools.

Image
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 61
Likes: 32
61 posts
Horde
Druid
Horde Druid 61 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Slocain wrote:
1 month ago
Pixstar wrote:
1 month ago
But I also HATE addons like GearScore, Raider.IO, .. These addons can seriously affect the gameplay of Classic.
Amen! I saw that there's also an addon in the works for making LFR possible, which is really something that's totally against the values of classic. :eek:
I've heard it was pure satire because it was 100% against everything what Classic stands for.

   Slocain
Arathi Highlands
User avatar
Discord:

kip#1684


Posts: 27
Likes: 11
27 posts
Gnome
Mage
Gnome Mage 27 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

People will hate me for it but I love Questie. I already have a hard time finding stuff for quests on BFA lol.

Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 267
Likes: 96
Human Paladin 266 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

kip wrote:
1 month ago
People will hate me for it but I love Questie. I already have a hard time finding stuff for quests on BFA lol.
No one will hate you. People used QuestHelper back then or Thottbot.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 3
8 posts
Alliance
Mage
Alliance Mage 8 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I bet something like oqueue/vqueue will be available soon.

Image
Frost Mage - Icy Veins Flavour
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 267
Likes: 96
Human Paladin 266 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

kasta wrote:
1 month ago
I bet something like oqueue/vqueue will be available soon.
could be and not really a bad thing if you can find people for hard or elite quests. I mean it can only work on the same realm ;)

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
User avatar
Posts: 131
Likes: 120
130 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 130 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Can we collectively agree to burn LF tools to the ground in classic?

<Shut up and Colour>
Image
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 267
Likes: 96
Human Paladin 266 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Escalotes wrote:
1 month ago
Can we collectively agree to burn LF tools to the ground in classic?
Why? For me there is no diffrent if you spam LFG chat or use a tool for it

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Mage Frost
User avatar
Posts: 51
Likes: 41
51 posts
Gnome
Mage
Gnome Mage 51 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

IronBrutzler wrote:
1 month ago
Escalotes wrote:
1 month ago
Can we collectively agree to burn LF tools to the ground in classic?
Why? For me there is no diffrent if you spam LFG chat or use a tool for it
I think the main issue with people here is that you cut away some player interaction. Even though it's pretty standard procedure in the beginning like "LFG 1 tank for bla bla pst" "hey inv" and then you're invited, there's still something to say about the fact that players need to have some sort of interaction between each other before grouping up, which is something a tool would likely remove.

Not saying one is necessarily better than the other, just saying that there are differences for better and for worse. Personally, I like having to communicate with people because I really value the communication and sometimes you can even gauge what kind of group you're getting into just from the LFG message in the chat.

   Escalotes teebling Slocain Cielos
User avatar
Posts: 131
Likes: 120
130 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 130 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Bumlebi wrote:
1 month ago
IronBrutzler wrote:
1 month ago
Escalotes wrote:
1 month ago
Can we collectively agree to burn LF tools to the ground in classic?
Why? For me there is no diffrent if you spam LFG chat or use a tool for it
I think the main issue with people here is that you cut away some player interaction. Even though it's pretty standard procedure in the beginning like "LFG 1 tank for bla bla pst" "hey inv" and then you're invited, there's still something to say about the fact that players need to have some sort of interaction between each other before grouping up, which is something a tool would likely remove.

Not saying one is necessarily better than the other, just saying that there are differences for better and for worse. Personally, I like having to communicate with people because I really value the communication and sometimes you can even gauge what kind of group you're getting into just from the LFG message in the chat.
This. LFG tools eliminate social networks that grow organically over time, and removes the need to have an actual conversation with a person/group.

<Shut up and Colour>
Image
Rogue Assassination
User avatar
Guild:

Waiting on Realms


Posts: 105
Likes: 45
Alliance Warlock 104 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Honestly things like Dungeon.IO and GladiatorlosSA will ruin the experience of Classic.

Any chance we can like change.org this shit or something :lol:

Image
Human Female Warlock
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1035
Likes: 1740
Orc Warrior 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Raven wrote:
1 month ago
Any chance we can like change.org this shit or something :lol:
:lol:

Rest of the world fighting against crippling inequality and we're here with a 2,000,000 petition to take down an anti-Classic addon kappa :biggrin:

Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
User avatar
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Human Priest 3 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just need ElvUI.

The Barrens
User avatar
Posts: 47
Likes: 17
47 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 47 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just want to see how many that'll play with companion addons that show you the way and what to do with each quest, or how many that'll play with just reading the quest text? It'd be cool if you'd motivate on why as well!

Feralas
User avatar
Posts: 22
Likes: 7
22 posts
Gnome
Gnome 22 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

No. My main goal for classic is to complete all available quests (and play as Balance Druid) and QuestHelper-like add-ons only interfere with that.
But most people will use, it's just QoA stuff, so you will see it in-game instead of alt-tabing to WoWHead.

The Barrens
User avatar
Posts: 47
Likes: 17
47 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 47 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hyland wrote:
4 weeks ago
No. My main goal for classic is to complete all available quests (and play as Balance Druid) and QuestHelper-like add-ons only interfere with that.
But most people will use, it's just QoA stuff, so you will see it in-game instead of alt-tabing to WoWHead.
How does those addons interfere with your goal? I would think the opposite if I haven't missed anything.

Feralas
User avatar
Posts: 22
Likes: 7
22 posts
Gnome
Gnome 22 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Derek wrote:
4 weeks ago
How does those addons interfere with your goal? I would think the opposite if I haven't missed anything.
Because it's literally kill the only satisfaction of this goal. You always know what to do and where to go and exploration isn't needed.

Similar topics
to 'Addons currently working in beta'
Posts ViewsLast post