Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 9
Likes: 8
Horde
Mage

I can't... i just.... i... the..... the suspense..... is killing me.....

   teebling Selexin
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 184
Likes: 136
Tauren

I really miss when game companies would just do press releases. I'm getting sick of this trickling info through streamers bullshit.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
Priest Shadow
User avatar
Posts: 17
Likes: 15
Priest

Jon Bloodspray wrote:
4 months ago
I really miss when game companies would just do press releases. I'm getting sick of this trickling info through streamers bullshit.
Agreed.
I have honestly no idea why Towelliee is in on this ¨¨secret classic info¨¨ hype when i remember him giving it hate? ( After blizzcon when classic was announced. I might be wrong )

Predictions:
Beta
Release date

..maybe realm names?

Warlock Demonology
User avatar
Posts: 208
Likes: 91
Horde
Warlock

Beta. They're not gonna have a big announcement that's just for a specific release date imo.

Priest Holy
User avatar
EU Shazzrah
Posts: 25
Likes: 8
Troll
Priest

All this artificial hype building by these secondhand annoying streamers for just a Beta would be incredibly disappointing.

Saltybob <Senile Chieftains> - Shazzrah PvP (EU)
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 32
Likes: 17
Undead
Mage

Some streamers just announced classic release 08.27.2019 and beta starts tomorrow.

Image
User avatar
US Stalagg
Posts: 156
Likes: 158
Orc
Warrior

Vanilj wrote:
4 months ago
Some streamers just announced classic release 08.27.2019 and beta starts tomorrow.
Closed beta :mrgreen:

Image
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 184
Likes: 136
Tauren

Escalotes wrote:
4 months ago
Vanilj wrote:
4 months ago
Some streamers just announced classic release 08.27.2019 and beta starts tomorrow.
Closed beta :mrgreen:
A closed beta that pulled specific invites (i.e. streamers, youtubers) and random people who've opted in would be ok with me. I didn't figure there'd be an open beta because if I recall correctly it's always been invite only in the past.

If it's only streamers and youtubers though, that can fuck right off.

Also, I hope that 8-27-19 date is incorrect or the "classic summer" guy gets punched in the dick. If kids are back in school, summer is over.

EDIT: Just got caught up and see that date is in fact correct. Where do I sign up to deliver the dick punches?

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 824
Likes: 629
Tauren
Druid
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 months ago
Raven wrote:
4 months ago
Beta?
Raven wrote:
4 months ago
Release date?
I think we might get both. Could be wishful thinking though.
Hey, wishful thinking paid off for once!

ImageImage
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Posts: 22
Likes: 10
Horde
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Are you fucking kidding me? August 27th is during the school year. My third year of law school can't handle that shit. Oh well, guess I'll go slow.

Winterspring
User avatar
EU Mirage Raceway
Posts: 33
Likes: 36
Night Elf
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I see a lot of people saying that the release date is bad, I'd be interested to know what proportion of the users on this site are in education and therefore will have their playing experience directly negatively affected by a launch this late in August.

Personally I'm employed full time so the date makes absolutely no difference to me, and also I'm in GB, where typically schools aren't back until September and universities don't properly start up until almost October, by the time freshers is done.

I understand many people wanted this as close to the start of the typical summer holidays as possible, but surely it's better to wait for a better product, especially given Blizzard's overall inclination to hold off on releases until they're ready. Assuming no earlier date was possible would the people in education rather the release was pushed back until the start of the Holiday season, for instance?

Never stop never stopping.
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 824
Likes: 629
Tauren
Druid
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Teeny wrote:
4 months ago
playing experience directly negatively affected by a launch this late in August.
Literally just too long to wait, I have no other excuse. I wanted it sooner, I have to wait until later :cry:

ImageImage
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 184
Likes: 136
Tauren
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Teeny wrote:
4 months ago
I see a lot of people saying that the release date is bad, I'd be interested to know what proportion of the users on this site are in education and therefore will have their playing experience directly negatively affected by a launch this late in August.

Personally I'm employed full time so the date makes absolutely no difference to me, and also I'm in GB, where typically schools aren't back until September and universities don't properly start up until almost October, by the time freshers is done.

I understand many people wanted this as close to the start of the typical summer holidays as possible, but surely it's better to wait for a better product, especially given Blizzard's overall inclination to hold off on releases until they're ready. Assuming no earlier date was possible would the people in education rather the release was pushed back until the start of the Holiday season, for instance?
I've wrote this elsewhere, but for me personally, the date doesn't matter. My fiance, on the other hand, will be starting a medical program that Monday and will be tied up for almost a year. She's pretty pissed about it.

My main issue is how much they hyped up a "classic summer", then announce that it's being released with less than 30 days left in the technical summer.
For all intents and purposes, as far as most North American schools and universities go, it's not really in the summer at all. I guess "Get ready to get schooled again" doesn't have the same ring to it.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
Similar topics
to 'Upcoming Classic News [Prediction Thread]'
Posts ViewsLast post