Bnet:

TeamRemix#1365

Dwarf Priest 15 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Shellzor wrote:
1 week ago
I don't remember where, but one of the youtubers mentioned that GOLD is a very important part of Classic. Why? It gets everyone to interacting; people with professions selling to people grinding.. High level dudes selling to low levels and vice versa.
If you remove things that cost gold, then you remove reasons to interact with other players. Right?
Platinum WoW:

Shellzor
Ironforge
Guild:

The Raven Council

13 posts
Gnome
Warlock
Gnome Warlock 13 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Cielos wrote:
1 week ago
No dual spec
Dismounting when hitting deeper water
Oh, right. Dismounting in water is really annoying. Brrrr... the Quagmire in Dustwallow Marsh.

Stfuppercut
Stfuppercut
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

As others have pointed out, AoE looting. As someone who has AoE farmed dungeons on private for many years with single target looting, while simultaneously playing retail with AoE looting... It makes no difference to the difficulty or time invested to have AoE looting. Honestly, I can only do 5 dungeons per hour in vanilla do to lockout timers, and im smashing that timer while AoE farming. AoE looting wouldnt matter because im always waiting on my lockout timers anyhow. Doesn't change efficiency one bit. You could make a case that AoE looting would increase world farming efficiency, but a lot of people who want AoE looting don't want it because it speeds up looting (by a very small margin), rather that it prevents your mobs from body blocking each other and becoming unlootable. Body blocking and glitched mobs do not add to immersion, they detract from immersion. "But you can just spread your mobs out in a line so that they are lootable!". Yea, but again, that breaks immersion and is silly to try and coordinate with a 5 man dungeon group. AoE looting isnt so much a quality of life improvement for me as it is intended to be a soft fix for loot glitches due to body blocking or mobs clipping through textures.

Mobs having loot issues has been an issue since retail vanilla, persists in retail and has been an issue on private. I foresee that this persistent problem will likely continue in Classic. AoE looting solves a lot of issues surrounding loot bugs.

Westfall
Guild:

Celestial Born

Bnet:

TeamRemix#1365

Dwarf Priest 15 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 week ago
As others have pointed out, AoE looting. As someone who has AoE farmed dungeons on private for many years with single target looting, while simultaneously playing retail with AoE looting... It makes no difference to the difficulty or time invested to have AoE looting.
It's not the time loss that's the issue to me, it's the gameplay aspect. The need to click on a body one by one.

Stfuppercut
Stfuppercut
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

TeamRemix wrote:
1 week ago
Stfuppercut wrote:
1 week ago
As others have pointed out, AoE looting. As someone who has AoE farmed dungeons on private for many years with single target looting, while simultaneously playing retail with AoE looting... It makes no difference to the difficulty or time invested to have AoE looting.
It's not the time loss that's the issue to me, it's the gameplay aspect. The need to click on a body one by one.
Makes sense. The gamelplay issue for me is being unable to loot a corpse or a corpse disappearing under a texture. Overall a bugged body serves as more of a distraction to gameplay than AoE looting in my opinion.

Alterac Valley
Human Paladin 206 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

On retail enough people use it and even people who do not use it benefit from the TSM users because they tend to normalize prices.

So if someone puts Ore for to low in the AH the tsm user instantly buy them so if some casual player wants to put theirs into the ah they see the normalized price and not the way to cheap one.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
The Barrens
12 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 12 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

The crying. So many people are gonna be straight cryin that this or that feature isn't there to hold their hand.

Selexin
Darnassus
22 posts
Hunter
Hunter 22 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

As everyone is saying the respec cost gold as up so quickly too!

Selexin
Warlock Demonology
Guild:

Malum Factum

Discord:

https://discord.gg/K

Bnet:

pan0phobik#1815

Horde Warlock 60 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I honestly kinda.... can't think of anything major. Most old day difficulties I am thinking of are things I am looking forward to being in the game again.

Shellzor
33 posts
Human
Paladin
Human Paladin 33 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 week ago
My only objection to AoE looting is based on the fact that I remember the exact mob that dropped my first world epic. If it had just been AoE looted I would not have that specific memory.

Shellzor
Mulgore
Tauren 100 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I'm not looking forward to having very few mailboxes, with people standing on top of them.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Desolace
24 posts
Horde
Warlock
Horde Warlock 24 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

IronBrutzler wrote:
1 week ago
The long flight paths. They are cool the first 10 times but then it just is a waste of time flying 4 or more minutes from IF to Wetlands to wait and go onto the ship to menethil and then take another flight path to AQ or DM
That does suck, but it's there for a reason; if you think about it, getting somewhere that's farther away has a weight. It's far away. You're far away from what you might call home ingame (like your capital, mostly). It contributes alot to the adventure aspect of the game.

Back after all this time.
Warrior Protection
Horde Warrior 21 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Worst thing for me will probably be the really long corpse runs.

Fewer flight paths kinda sucks too.

Also leveling a warrior sucks.

Paladin Retribution
Alliance Paladin 8 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

- No AOE looting will hurt, but I am sure I will get used to it over a few days.
- Class wise, I am curious to see how Ret Paladin will feel going back to an auto attack bot.
- NOT having Transmog.

Warrior Fury
188 posts
Horde
Horde 188 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The inconvenience of not being able to easily change specialization. It is a nice, dynamic feature overall.

Burning Steppes
Horde Warrior 32 posts
21 hours ago (Beta)
21 hours ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I haven’t given much thought to how it would negatively impact the classic experience yet, but in game guild banks that every member can at least physically look at is something I find very enjoyable in retail. Not looking forward to the stables of bank alts and all the mailing and spreadsheets that might involve.
One thing against the idea that pops into my mind is that the postage fees serve as a goldsink, but then again you could just charge the same fee for storing/withdrawing things from the vault.

Tirisfal Glades
36 posts
Undead
Mage
Undead Mage 36 posts
21 hours ago (Beta)
21 hours ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The one thing I'm not looking forward to is the mistakes. Nothing kills a gaming mood harder than frequent mistakes.

Then you have that internal moment where you want to quit so badly, but 'xyz' is required and you're almost there.

Warlock Demonology
Guild:

Malum Factum

Discord:

Bnet:

pan0phobik#1815

Horde Warlock 60 posts
20 hours ago (Beta)
20 hours ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm not looking forward to the waves of people crying about how it's not #nochanges etc.

Mulgore
Tauren 100 posts
19 hours ago (Beta)
19 hours ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

pan0phobik wrote:
20 hours ago
I'm not looking forward to the waves of people crying about how it's not #nochanges etc.
#nochanges, but here's this list of things I wish would change.

Seems to be a lot of this happening on the internet. Not so much here, but reddit, twitter, etc...

Honestly, I'm looking forward to things taking longer.

pan0phobik
I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Warlock Demonology
Guild:

Malum Factum

Discord:

Bnet:

pan0phobik#1815

Horde Warlock 60 posts
18 hours ago (Beta)
18 hours ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Jon Bloodspray wrote:
19 hours ago
pan0phobik wrote:
20 hours ago
#nochanges, but here's this list of things I wish would change.

Seems to be a lot of this happening on the internet. Not so much here, but reddit, twitter, etc...

Honestly, I'm looking forward to things taking longer.
I'm the same. Not much that I'm NOT looking forward to with this.

Mage Frost
34 posts
Gnome
Mage
Gnome Mage 34 posts
18 hours ago (Beta)
18 hours ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It's funny how much of the stuff in this thread is actually the stuff that puts the RP into RPG.

I'm really not looking forward to the gold sellers. I'm an immersion-whore and if anything breaks my immersion it's that.

Priest Shadow
13 posts
Human
Priest
Human Priest 13 posts
15 hours ago (Beta)
15 hours ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

1. Corpseruns. Especially the ones where you know you're most likely going to die again even if you ress. Can't even really tab out during those.
2. No Mass-Ress. Ressing a raid member or two, then drink until full mana, then ress again and so on while they're all just afk watching netflix and have you do the work.
3. Getting destroyed without being able to really retaliate. There just are those situations where two melees jump on you and just shred you. This was REALLY annoying for me as a warlock where I had to resummon the pet every time, drink, buff demon armor, make healthstone, drink again which takes some sweet time. Oh yeah and I have to do it all over again if those two decide to gank me again. Oh and god forbid if you don't have any water as a warlock, decide to go for the risky lifetap only to get ambushed right after.
4. Being helpless in certain situations. Getting your mana drained by Wyvern Sting as a Priest and just watching the bar go down, sitting in a full root as a warrior, or running around with faerie fire on you as a rogue.

That being said. Point three and four are annoying when it happens, but you also get to shred and annoy people + make them feel helpless yourself. STV and getting destroyed/destroying people is a love-hate relationship.
They might drain my mana with wyvern sting or roll over me with a melee train, but I get to purge enemies, dispel mage CCs and buffs, and mindcontrol people off bridges myself, and that's I love about the game, even if you do have to suck it up sometimes. (Except if you're a druid and can run away from everything. That's what I did on private servers. Druids feel op in the open world.

Scheyp
37 posts
Alliance
Warlock
Alliance Warlock 37 posts
15 hours ago (Beta)
15 hours ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Reimu wrote:
15 hours ago
1. Corpseruns. Especially the ones where you know you're most likely going to die again even if you ress. Can't even really tab out during those.
2. No Mass-Ress. Ressing a raid member or two, then drink until full mana, then ress again and so on while they're all just afk watching netflix and have you do the work.
3. Getting destroyed without being able to really retaliate. There just are those situations where two melees jump on you and just shred you. This was REALLY annoying for me as a warlock where I had to resummon the pet every time, drink, buff demon armor, make healthstone, drink again which takes some sweet time. Oh yeah and I have to do it all over again if those two decide to gank me again. Oh and god forbid if you don't have any water as a warlock, decide to go for the risky lifetap only to get ambushed right after.
4. Being helpless in certain situations. Getting your mana drained by Wyvern Sting as a Priest and just watching the bar go down, sitting in a full root as a warrior, or running around with faerie fire on you as a rogue.

That being said. Point three and four are annoying when it happens, but you also get to shred and annoy people + make them feel helpless yourself. STV and getting destroyed/destroying people is a love-hate relationship.
They might drain my mana with wyvern sting or roll over me with a melee train, but I get to purge enemies, dispel mage CCs and buffs, and mindcontrol people off bridges myself, and that's I love about the game, even if you do have to suck it up sometimes. (Except if you're a druid and can run away from everything. That's what I did on private servers. Druids feel op in the open world.
That’s the game

Reimu