View results
Poll  •  What Hunter pet are you going to use?
Stfuppercut
Stfuppercut
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I'm going Orc so I'll start off with a boar. If I find myself ahead of the pack I'll stick with the boar as it is easy/cheap to feed and I like the charge. I'll use my head start to camp Brokentooth and get it early.

If I lose my headstart and find myself in the middle of the pack. PvP will be an issue and I wont be getting Brokentooth until after I hit 60 because I have fallen behind, at which point I'll be grabbing any other cat to level me to 60.

Of course at 60 I'll be picking up my obligatory Blood Axe Worg for max rank furious howl and bite. With Lupos shadow damage likely being out, this will be the required entry level raiding pet for hunts (a wolf with howl) in most guilds.

As a general leveling pet on a pvp server I would recommend cat. The combination of attack speed for spell pushback, the balanced stats, prowl and dash make this a generally good choice.

As a general leveling pet for pve or if you are ahead of the pack on a pvp server, I would simply stick with an owl or boar to get you to Brokentooth. The wait time for Brokentooth will be brutal... It is worth sacrificing your lead and waiting early if you can. "Yay I hit 60 first on my server... Now to go wait for Brokentooth for 3-4 days..." VS "Yay there are only two other horde players in the Barrens, I think I made it here early, I'll camp Brokentooth for 4-6 hours and grab him."

After leveling a few hunters to 60 on private and one in retail vanilla, this is my general take away. Just my 2 cents.

Rogue Subtlety
Horde Rogue 3 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Carrion bird is top dog with Screech

Bok
The Barrens
12 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 12 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

There is only one brokentooth.

Bok
Hunter Marksman
Night Elf Hunter 1 post
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Gonna go with a cat!

Getting a cat in teldrassil and then getting a 1.2 atk cat in Hillsbrad Hills.

Bok
Thunder Bluff
Horde Hunter 24 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

There is a secret, super elite hunter pet combo. https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=5828/hu ... -pridelord plus a https://classic.wowhead.com/item=8485/c ... ier-bombay! If you're horde, you're going to have to get lucky finding your bombay cat. Got mine in the booty bay AH. I was the only hunter I ever saw running around with two black kitties. And thus, the most awesome hunter everyone else saw. ;)

teebling
Hunter Marksman
Orc Hunter 31 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

A boar, the four-legged garbage disposal.

teebling
"Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark, obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!"
Druid Feral
Guild:

LFG

Bnet:

Selexin#1725

Tauren Druid 321 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Herrington wrote:
1 week ago
A boar, the four-legged garbage disposal.
Their diet makes them a very easy pet to keep happy while leveling, and I love charge. Good all round pet choice for me while leveling.

Herrington
ImageImage