Discord:

Henhouse#1234

Human Paladin 58 posts
3 weeks ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Toastea wrote:
3 weeks ago
I really would love to play with a european Horde guild. I really, really would. bought I have bought this game 4 times and I refuse to buy it again, so I am stuck on OCE/US servers. Plus I have to anyway to play with my Aussie friends and dont want to upkeep two accounts and subs. Really sucks.

On the plus side that 300 MS will make it truly classic for me haha. We didnt have our own Aussie servers back then, so 200 - 300 ms was the norm for us Aussies
What is the time difference from where you are now? Do you plan to try and raid, etc.? I'm originally from the US and debated if I wanted to play with my friends back home by playing on US, but I can't raid at 3 or 4AM... and I have EU friends I want to play with as well, so it's a hard choice. Overall I feel my experience will just be better sticking with EU.

Toastea
Deadwind Pass
92 posts
Alliance
Warlock
Alliance Warlock 92 posts
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
3 weeks ago
Toastea wrote:
3 weeks ago
I really would love to play with a european Horde guild. I really, really would. bought I have bought this game 4 times and I refuse to buy it again, so I am stuck on OCE/US servers. Plus I have to anyway to play with my Aussie friends and dont want to upkeep two accounts and subs. Really sucks.

On the plus side that 300 MS will make it truly classic for me haha. We didnt have our own Aussie servers back then, so 200 - 300 ms was the norm for us Aussies
You should hopefully be able to get better ping these days, even if it is located in Aus and you're playing from Netherlands. 150ms? What do you get on live Oceanic servers?
I have only tested it on one Aus server and it was 300 MS, though that was Frostmourne the most populated server in Aus. Still very playable, just mildly annoying.
What is the time difference from where you are now? Do you plan to try and raid, etc.? I'm originally from the US and debated if I wanted to play with my friends back home by playing on US, but I can't raid at 3 or 4AM... and I have EU friends I want to play with as well, so it's a hard choice. Overall I feel my experience will just be better sticking with EU.
The time difference is 10 hours ahead, so it would work in my favour. Lunch time raiding times. I have a lot of free time at the moment so time wise it works out fine. When life gets busier again, I will have to join a weekend raiding guild

Hunter Marksman
Night Elf Hunter 17 posts
2 weeks ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

No Alliance EU guilds!? Feelsbadman

Ishnu-alah. Elune light your path.
Teldrassil
Discord:

Faendor#4087

Bnet:

Faendor#1224

272 posts
Night Elf
Druid
Night Elf Druid 272 posts
 •  Unread

We might make one eventually. It is just not necessary to to that right now as we don't even know anything about the servers.

Makaveli
They claimed I didn't but I did...
Hunter Marksman
Night Elf Hunter 17 posts
 •  Unread

That seems sensible, I do wonder how they’ll handle the classic servers. Specifically how many servers are there going to be.

Ishnu-alah. Elune light your path.
Teldrassil
Discord:

Faendor#4087

Bnet:

Faendor#1224

272 posts
Night Elf
Druid
Night Elf Druid 272 posts
 •  Unread

I think we all are curious about that. Hopefully we will get some news on that subject soon.

Makaveli
They claimed I didn't but I did...
1 post
Horde
Druid
Horde Druid 1 post
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

We are a far-premade Semi-Hardcore Horde Raiding and PvP-Guild, preparing for Classic World of Warcraft release for a long time.
Now we are finally that far, that we want to recruit the first Members to fill up the ranks which are the following:

• Officers,
  • Class-Leaders for each available class,
  • Raid-Leader.

This meaning that if you are interested in raiding with us and thus not fulfilling one of the roles we just mentioned for recruitment, you are
more than welcome to contact us and to apply!

Generally speaking the Guild is still a Work in Progress and we want YOU to be a part of it!
We want this to be a well rounded community where everyone is there for each other.

Imperium Guild Homepage

Who are we?

So of course you want to get to know us a little bit more before you even consider joining our project. We originate from Norway and Germany and are aged 27 and 29. We are two long-time friends who found each other on pre-launch in a guild on the KRONOS Project and have a fair share of experience. Since then we have been playing vanilla on various private servers, enjoing the beauty of it over and over. Our actual vanilla experience starts on retail vanilla and rebooted with the launch of the Emerald Dream private server, till now.

How does our Roadmap for the guild look so far?

Our roadmap actually starts before the actual release of Classic World of Warcraft.
We currently are in the pre-Launch preparation phase.

On Launch we will enter the Leveling and Gearing Phase. This means we will try to power-level as fast as possible to level 60 and then immediately will start to acquire the pre-raid Best-in-Slot-Gear. (Some of us might even take a vacation for it ;-) )

The focus will be on getting the attunements for Onyxia and Molten Core done, aswell as the dousing-quest. If you are unfamiliar with the whole chain-quests you can ask officers, Class-Leaders or the guild masters for guidance.

Once this is done and the raids are available we will enter the raiding-phase and plan to down every boss and raid that is and will be available during the whole journey through vanilla. We plan to last and clear the whole content over the coming years. (See Bluepost for Blizzards planning for the coming years of vanilla-content.)

Concerning World-Bosses we will aim for Guild-Cooperations in order to kill World-Bosses whenever we can.

All PvP-Activities will be optional. But we would appreciate anyone tagging along for the fun since it will be a big part of the guild. Events like Raiding and premading Battlegrounds, the famous R14 Grind, or taking part in World-PvP events like raiding Ironforge or Southshore can be organised by anyone!

It is to be stressed tho that there won't be any Battlegrounds (source: Bluepost ) available at the launch of vanilla and we will be doing A LOT of wpvp because of that, since ranking can already be done and there will be the good pvp-gear-rewards available that will boost raiding like hell! (And ofc whole Azeroth will be a big warzone because of the absence of battlegrounds meaning a LOT of organized wpvp even to grind some raid consumables.)

So how is the Guild Structure currently looking?

We are having a two man Guild-Lead-Concept. We wish to expand the other guild-roles that are necessary to ensure us, the community, that we are trying to build, a solid future.

The Guild-Structure we want to have will form around 6 basic pillars. The Guild Leaders, the Officers, the Class-Leaders, the Raid-Leader, the Raiders and the community.

This is to ensure an objective view on all guild matters where no one is deciding alone about something important. Additionally we agreed on Loot-Counciling where we will phase in the other Officers and especially Class-Leaders.

Our Core-Guild ranks will be the following:
  • Guild Master
  • Officer
  • Class-Leader
  • Raider
  • Alt
  • Trial

What do we expect from you to fill out the above mentioned roles?

In general you should not be new to Classic World of Warcraft. This means that you have to be experienced with the Vanilla-Era. This does not mean you should have raided every Vanilla-content!

The exception to the mentioned above will be of course the Raid-Leader who should at least have raiding experience from Onyxia over Molten Core to Blackwing Lair, as mentioned from Phase 1 to 3. For future raid content the Raid-Leader will need to prepare Phases 4-6. If we won't find a person who wants to lead in raids we can provide that role on our own.

Concerning the different Class-Leaders you should have played your class extensively in a vanilla setting and know every possible role of your class and how it is applied in a raid context. Additionally we would like you to be able to improve the performance of other Raiders that play your designated class, if necessary, through helping and guiding them with tipps & tricks.

And what about the Officers? Generally speaking you should be an open minded person who likes to help people if needed and share a glass of crisp-cold Bottled Alterac Spring Water in times of relaxation around the campfire. ;-)
Of course you should have some degree of experience when it comes to the Vanilla-Era and content. Additionally it will be your role to take responsibility for some administrative tasks like for example if the raid-leader is missing you organising the people into the raid (-groups).

How do we handle loot?

We will use Loot-Council for loot contribution. In the extensive preparation time we already used we prepared a imbedded website guide to how we will be counceling each and every item that may drop in every 40man raid that we will be facing. This guide will include the reasoning behind each decision we will probably make so we achiev maximum transparency for our community. The main goal behind the Loot-Council is to optimise the raid-performance and to avoid exploitation of other loot-contributing-systems like DKP.

The Raid Times will be as follows:
Tuesdays & Fridays: 20:30 - 00:00 CET/CEST.

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/rtPP86P or shoot us a message: Kraken#9338 or Reju#1260.

TL /DR: Our aim is to make this a happy community where the Member is set into focus. We want to create a good structure for you and not be too tryhard about things. You should in the end have a relaxed journey with us through the beautiful content of vanilla. Of course this means that real-life-matters are ALWAYS a priority over in-game-matters! You will not be punished for that (like other guilds may do). This may tho affect your guild rank since maybe it will fit better for your real-life-situation to not be a Raider, but a Member who will join us for some fun from time to time. :-)

We are looking forward to getting you to know and find new friends for an awesome journey!
Kraken & Reju

Kraken
Deleted User 628
Deleted User 628
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Rakazakh wrote:
3 weeks ago
Never too late to reconsider your choice my friend. My question to you is: Would you rather join up with a group of Dwarves Elves and Gnomes, or would you rather slaughter them?
Fixed.
Dwarves are actually pretty awesome.

*glances at a well-known dwarf*

Most of them...

teebling Selexin
Arathi Basin
Discord:

teebling#5444

Bnet:

Teeb#2674

Orc Hunter 525 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I SAY!

Selexin
Westfall
Guild:

<Ludicrous Speed>

Discord:

Cliff#9116

Alliance Paladin 2 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

<Ludicrous Speed> Alliance | Oceanic - PvP | Weeknight Raiding

Discord Code: x8z7tgT

Region: [OCE] Oceania AU/NZ (Australia, New Zealand, Asia)

Raid Schedule: 20:00-24:00 AET (GMT/UTC +10-11) Monday, Wednesday, Thursday. These times are reserved for later content patches (AQ, Naxx). Early raid content will require much less time investment (1-2 days per week).

Loot Distribution: DKP with weekly decay and silent bid. Tank items will be Loot Council when necessary for progression.

About Us:
[A]<Ludicrous Speed> is now recruiting! Established in anticipation of Classic WoW, we are a PvE raiding guild made up of long-time WoW players and veterans of the vanilla private server scene. Our focus is on getting things done, yet doing so without burning out and forgetting it's a game. We're an older crowd, mainly professional adults, and are understanding of real life commitments. If you're looking for a fun and relaxed group to clear content with, please read on!

What We Offer:
- A laid-back and fun raiding environment
- Knowledgeable and experienced leadership
- Unbiased and transparent loot distribution

Ideal Candidates:
- Mature, 18yrs+
- Have a mic and are able to communicate in English
- Understanding of basic class mechanics
- Prepared and on time to raid with proper talents (hybrids will be expected to heal)
- Positive Attitude - No negative/toxic players

For more information message @Cliff#9116 in discord.
Apply @ Our Discord!

Undead Warrior 27 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

So many guilds, so little creativity in names.

I'll be posting my own in a week.

Mulgore
Guild:

Monstrous Bear Hugs

42 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 42 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I will be posting mine shortly as well! Wondering if I should start making a website and how many details to decide before advertising..
But indeed, coming up with a good name is difficult isn't it? Many people end up using the same buzzwords. Latin and such. But since you cannot exactly change the name later, it'd suck to end up with something you regret half a year later.
I'm reminded of when I joined a guild called 'Completely Different' years back. Thought the name was a little odd. Eventually during a later raid, I asked about their tactics for this particular boss (I think it was Sartharion 25man 3drake) and explained the tactics I had learned from another guild, asking if they did it the same way. Then one officer said 'No, we're completely different..'. Vent became completely silent for like 1sec, before like half the guild was just roaring with laughter. Man I loved that guild.

Making a EU Horde offpeak times and/or weekend raiding guild in Classic! PM if interested :)
Undead Warrior 27 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Driath wrote:
1 week ago
coming up with a good name is difficult isn't it?
On the contrary, I have too many good ones and can only pick one! One that I'm strongly leaning toward is "The Chromium Crusade". It sounds like a real faction name, like the Scarlet Crusade and Argent Crusade, and it also references Chromie from the "You Can't Go Home Again" announcement trailer. For similar reasons, I also love "Home Again" and "Temporally Discombobulated" as guild names. Other favorites include "Road to Naxxramas", "Corrupted Blood Incident", and similar references to Classic-era WoW, for obvious reasons, as well as any reference to Pinochet dropping Communists out of helicopters, because I think it would be funny to have a libertarian and alt-right guild in WoW.

And then there's "Dopamine Crash", which was a phrase that I thought of once when I was experiencing alcohol withdrawal and thought that it just sounded awesome for anything - a rock band, a WoW guild, whatever.

What I don't understand is the obsession with "generic awesome" names.

Deleted User 628
Deleted User 628
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

If I didn't prefer RP compliant names, probably just <We Do>, both as an attitude and a tee-hee regarding a certain BlizzCon incident...

Mulgore
Guild:

Monstrous Bear Hugs

42 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 42 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Yeah I also usually went with something that could work in RP.
This time however it's..

Guild Name : Monstrous Bear Hugs

Faction : Horde

Realm or Region : EU PVP server

Guildmaster/s and/or Barrens Chat Profile : Driath (this account, but I'm not sure how to link to it via this forum)

PvE/PvP : Main focus is PvE, but with some pvp also

Average member count : Just a few friends at the moment, hoping for many!

Hardcore/Casual : Slightly casual as we will mainly raid outside of prime time, but intending to go all the way and clear all pve content.

Beginner Friendly : Beginners are absolutely welcome :)

Comments : The most important thing is to create a community to play and have fun together. We don't intend to be super hardcore raiders. You can bring your slightly subpar spec, irregular availability and lack of experience as you please :) 
The idea is for this to be a raiding guild that generally doesn't raid in the normal prime time, so that people who for example have different working hours or other constraints that prevent them from joining a normal raiding guild can then still progress through WoW Vanilla and eventually do everything from Ragefire Chasm to Naxxramas. This can for example be with morning raids, weekend raids etc, depending on what suits the biggest amount of members. This can totally be adjusted as the guild progresses if people so desire. I'm thinking 2 raids a week 3 hours each or so to begin with.
I want to be flexible enough to facilitate this opportunity for everyone the best I can, and will gladly help and guide everyone. I, the GM, personally love making guides and supporting a community with whatever I can. I love the game and play a lot, but due to being unable to play regularly in server prime time I have been a single player for some time, now finally eyeing the chance to be part of an active community again in Classic. I hope to find people willing to take part in this journey in the years to come :) Be you into serious raiding, pvp premades or just dungeons, I hope you can find a home here!

RP'ers are certainly welcome too, but the intention is for the guild to be focusing on pve content on a pvp server.

As this guild is made with a vanilla spirit in mind, I think it only appropriate to go with a good old open bid zero-sum dkp system with like a small monthly decay for the actual raiding :) I don't want to do loot council because as much as possible I don't want to tell people what they can and cannot do. There's time. We will get Nax on farm someday! Don't want to force my min-max fun on the other members who might not enjoy it.

Webpage is a work in progress at the moment, but if interested please PM Driath on this website!
While I plan to put in the time needed to manage this and make things happen, people interested in management or leadership roles are certainly also very welcome :)
Will update this post with a website link once I've made it a little nicer..

Making a EU Horde offpeak times and/or weekend raiding guild in Classic! PM if interested :)
Paladin Retribution
21 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 21 posts
5 days ago (Pre-release)
5 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I'm looking for a EU-Alliance guild focused on PvE, but with intention on rolling on a RP-PvP or PvP realm.
Just PM me ;)

Warrior Protection
Horde Warrior 17 posts
3 days ago (Pre-release)
3 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Okay here we go.....

I will playing prot warrior in vanilla, I’ll be playing warlock as my alt.

I have with me a few IRL friends, most of us played vanilla together, some joined in TBC.

We are UK based

We play Horde

We will want a PvP server I imagine we haven’t finished discussing this yet.

We play both PvE and PvP
(I think the general idea we have is clearing content and gearing then when it’s on farm to PvP more)

I’m waiting on a server list to be released so I can monitor community choices to determine what server will be a good choice to play on and won't be dead in six months.

At this moment I can commit Roughly the following:

1 x Tank (me)
1 x mage
2 x priest
1 x hunter
1 x Druid
5-10 undecided players.

I am slowly bringing in other people we know as well so this could become more when we have a release date and start recruiting more of our friends.

So the real question is, what guild needs a bunch of nostalgic idiots wanting to enjoy the return to WoW

Alterac Valley
Dwarf Paladin 57 posts
3 days ago (Pre-release)
3 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Mordraek wrote:
3 days ago
what guild needs a bunch of idiots ?

Mordraek Cropank
Image Image
Tanaris
Discord:

Kishan#5653

5 posts
Warrior
Warrior 5 posts
3 days ago (Pre-release)
3 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Mordraek wrote:
3 days ago
So the real question is, what guild needs a bunch of nostalgic idiots wanting to enjoy the return to WoW
Disregard Mr Anus, he has sand in his braids.

SpoilerShow

Kor Kron Vanguard

Guildmaster: Nymis
Realm: EU - PvP -
Guild Orientation: PvE & World PvP
Members: Over 100 currently, all types of players.
Hardcore/Casual: Semi-hardcore
Raids: Current plan is min. 3 major raids per week. (1 WPvP raid + 2 PvE raids) with Loot Council. Additional details (such as raid times, spots etc.) will be handled after the game launches. The WPvP raids are not be mandatory, but they will provide an advantage as a Raider in ties against other players when deciding for loot.

Discord: https://discord.gg/HgZrsqh

About: We are the top guild in the world in terms of structured WPvP, a legacy born out of years of practice with an experienced core of passionate players who are looking to put the "war" in Warcraft. We are balanced in terms of experience with Classic WoW, so expect to be in an environment where people have a good understanding of the game but are still going to progress and discover many things along the way.

There are three major roles within our guild, and we want to emphasize that we are interested in making you feel involved with our guild activities regardless of your schedule and interests.

As a PvE raider: Knowledge and desire to improve in your class, as well as getting to level 60 and try to be able to raid within 8 weeks.
As a WPvP raider: Show up at 3/4 of our weekly WPvP raids.
As a Social: Participation in various social activities. (recruitment, social events, writing a 5 minute report etc.)

You are free to choose any combination of those roles within our guild. Currently recruiting all classes.

Our goals: We wish to attain eternal glory, legendary infamy and leave a worthy legacy in the pages of WoW's history. We will spearhead the development and research of structured World-PvP content while clearing PvE raids in order to remain at a competitive level.

To apply: Simply message me either here or on Discord. Keep in mind that nothing is reserved, we are not making any raiding roster before the game launches.

Mordraek
Elwynn Forest
Guild:

Kor Kron Vanguard

51 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 51 posts
3 days ago (Pre-release)
3 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Uncle Ganus McAnus wrote:
3 days ago
morecringybs.jpg

Did we gank you in a past life?

Alterac Valley
Dwarf Paladin 57 posts
3 days ago (Pre-release)
3 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Stka wrote:
3 days ago
By the https://classic.wowhead.com/item=3671/lifeless-skull of Nymis, I say ! You bunch of https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=16057/rotting-maggot s couldn't even gank a critter https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=10685/swine stuck in mud, let alone a member of the Alliance, not in this life or the next !! As for your past life - by the looks of you it was spent serving as a https://classic.wowhead.com/object=282432/rug for my old https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6188/mud-stompers !!!

Image Image
Elwynn Forest
Guild:

Kor Kron Vanguard

51 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 51 posts
2 days ago (Pre-release)
2 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Uncle Ganus McAnus wrote:
3 days ago
Stka wrote:
3 days ago
By the https://classic.wowhead.com/item=3671/lifeless-skull of Nymis, I say ! You bunch of https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=16057/rotting-maggot s couldn't even gank a critter https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=10685/swine stuck in mud, let alone a member of the Alliance, not in this life or the next !! As for your past life - by the looks of you it was spent serving as a https://classic.wowhead.com/object=282432/rug for my old https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6188/mud-stompers !!!
I don't speak geek

Alterac Valley
Dwarf Paladin 57 posts
2 days ago (Pre-release)
2 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Stka wrote:
2 days ago
I don't speak geek

Cropank
Image Image
Orgrimmar
Guild:

Sol In Noctem

Discord:

https://discord.gg/kxTzFd4

Horde Hunter 22 posts
1 day ago (Pre-release)
1 day ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Classic WoW: https://discord.gg/NEVd86Q

Classic Wow-EU: https://discord.gg/JeAaTsq

Classic WoW Guilds: https://discord.gg/PHG79xF

Also have a look at the Guilds of Barrens Chat here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1126&hilit=Guilds

In the darkest night, we are the light. Sol In Noctem.

https://discord.gg/kxTzFd4
Mulgore
Tauren 26 posts
17 hours ago (Pre-release)
17 hours ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Paradox website looks like it's down, but I'm interested in checking it out if any members want to PM me.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.