View results
Poll  •  What Class will you be playing?
Druid Feral
Guild:

Apocalypse WoW

Bnet:

Selexin#1725

188 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 188 posts
1 month ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

William wrote:
1 month ago
I don't think the majority of people envisioning this dream Warrior scenario are going to get to 60.

I'm glad about that as hopefully it'll encourage more variation of class and specs.
I think you're right. Leveling a warrior isn't everyone's cup of tea. I know I have never leveled one from 1-60 on priv servers or back in vanilla (I think I got into the 40's twice). I love warriors, and I have always played Fury (even before it was good/popular) but never committed enough to get it to 60.

ImageImage
Arathi Highlands
124 posts
124 posts
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
1 month ago
William wrote:
1 month ago
I don't think the majority of people envisioning this dream Warrior scenario are going to get to 60.

I'm glad about that as hopefully it'll encourage more variation of class and specs.
I think you're right. Leveling a warrior isn't everyone's cup of tea. I know I have never leveled one from 1-60 on priv servers or back in vanilla (I think I got into the 40's twice). I love warriors, and I have always played Fury (even before it was good/popular) but never committed enough to get it to 60.
Potentially. I can see there being fewer fury warriors at 60 than on private servers because players on private servers know the game better, generally, and know what to expect and what the payoff will be. Lots of people not as attuned or adjusted to warrior leveling will, like you said, probably find a different class. I will say, though, don't underestimate the power of warrior pvp videos and Patchwerk dps vids to push people all the way to 60.

It is important to note, though a couple things. The item changes and item additions to the game that make warriors a lot better will not be in the game right away, like the https://classic.wowhead.com/item=22385/titanic-leggings that were like BiS for the entirety of vanilla content despite being attainable via crafting and getting the mats while leveling.

They won't be as good as people hype them up to be right now. But I still worry there will be too damn many.

Toshiok - Troll Mage, Warsong Private Server Socks - Night Elf Druid, Elysium
Toshiok - Troll Mage, Kil'Jaeden US retail Dimaga - Human Warlock Lightbringer US retail, guild: Animus Invictus
Teldrassil
Discord:

Faendor#4087

Bnet:

Faendor#1224

272 posts
Night Elf
Druid
Night Elf Druid 272 posts
 •  Unread

I wouldn't worry about that at all. Statistically there shouldn't be any class overpopulation

They claimed I didn't but I did...
Redridge Mountains
3 posts
Alliance
Paladin
Alliance Paladin 3 posts
 •  Unread

Either Holy paladin or Prot Warrior. hard choice, anyone wanna make up my mind?

wat
Teldrassil
Discord:

Faendor#4087

Bnet:

Faendor#1224

272 posts
Night Elf
Druid
Night Elf Druid 272 posts
 •  Unread

Depends on what experience you wanna have.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
Redridge Mountains
3 posts
Alliance
Paladin
Alliance Paladin 3 posts
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
1 month ago
Depends on what experience you wanna have.
indeed it does.

wat
Druid Feral
Guild:

Apocalypse WoW

Bnet:

Selexin#1725

188 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 188 posts
 •  Unread

In the last 50 votes, Druid has slumped from 3rd to 6th. That's more like it! :biggrin:

ImageImage
Winterspring
Guild:

Kor Kron Vanguard

Bnet:

s1atan#2841

Tauren Hunter 68 posts
 •  Unread

Didnt expect rogue on 7th place to be honest :D

Take what you can! Give nothing back!
Wetlands
Alliance Warlock 7 posts
 •  Unread

Played Mage during Nost/Elysium/LightsHope, got quite bored around level 40.

Think i'll make a warlock when classic releases - it's what i'm maining on retail now.

3 posts
Horde
Horde 3 posts
 •  Unread

Nice poll i miss only to see which people from the priests choose shadow priest.

Mulgore
Alliance Warrior 4 posts
 •  Unread

It always puzzled me why shammy and pally numbers tend to be so low in polls, when you see plenty of them in the wild while playing. But then if you divide any other class number roughly by two to separate other faction players, it gets pretty much reasonable.

Druid Feral
Discord:

Mr_Rosh#1382

16 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 16 posts
 •  Unread

Definitely going for druid. It just gives so many possibilities, one of the fastest leveling classes, great DPS in 5-man groups, able to take on all the 3 roles with ease. The downside is that you're stuck as healer in end-game content, but it's not necessarily a bad thing if you enjoy healing, and it's also the PvP side where you can really shine.

Also as an added bonus, you're gonna get gear thrown at you in raids.

Selexin
Arathi Highlands
124 posts
124 posts
 •  Unread

s1atan wrote:
1 month ago
Didnt expect rogue on 7th place to be honest :D
It's because most of them aren't voting, they're stealthed.

s1atan
Toshiok - Troll Mage, Kil'Jaeden US retail Dimaga - Human Warlock Lightbringer US retail, guild: Animus Invictus
Arathi Highlands
124 posts
124 posts
 •  Unread

Konegus wrote:
1 month ago
It always puzzled me why shammy and pally numbers tend to be so low in polls, when you see plenty of them in the wild while playing. But then if you divide any other class number roughly by two to separate other faction players, it gets pretty much reasonable.
Like in a non-toxic way...were you not doing this already?

Mulgore
Alliance Warrior 4 posts
 •  Unread

Gensei wrote:
1 month ago
Well, i did not, guess i was too focused on the numbers itself. Would be cool if each class bar on the graph also showed faction distribution of that class.

Current poll results are curious anyway, warlocks overtook even mighty warriors.

Gensei
Tauren Warrior 24 posts
 •  Unread

Orc fem warrior for me. Orcs are by far my favorite WoW race and I really like Warriors!

Big plus is, that I amgoing to get groups for content faster, because I will tank too :biggrin:

s1atan
Priest Shadow
2 posts
2 posts
 •  Unread

My heart is set on a dwarf shadow priest w/ alchemy & herbalism! I'm a little worried about the obvious raiding, but the pvp, fantasy, and that shadowform dwarf tushy is calling me! I'm really hoping I manage to find myself with a good group of people that will promote my shadow play if I'm resourceful enough through attendance, farming, alchemy...etc.

Arathi Highlands
124 posts
124 posts
 •  Unread

Konegus wrote:
1 month ago
Gensei wrote:
1 month ago
Well, i did not, guess i was too focused on the numbers itself. Would be cool if each class bar on the graph also showed faction distribution of that class.

Current poll results are curious anyway, warlocks overtook even mighty warriors.
Yeah warlocks is super surprising being that high. I'm more surprised rogues are so low.

Ironforge
16 posts
Alliance
Warrior
Alliance Warrior 16 posts
4 weeks ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Dwarf warrior. Leveling will be pissing blood but, after so many private vanilla servers, this will probably be my very last go at vanilla. I will just take it easy and enjoy the journey.

teebling
Deadwind Pass
92 posts
Alliance
Warlock
Alliance Warlock 92 posts
 •  Unread

Would be interested to know what faction picked what classes (outside of the obvious). There was no way I expected Warlock to be the most voted class

Arathi Highlands
124 posts
124 posts
 •  Unread

Toastea wrote:
4 weeks ago
Would be interested to know what faction picked what classes (outside of the obvious). There was no way I expected Warlock to be the most voted class
Also I'm curious about the PvP vs. PvE split as far as server choice. Other polling at the subreddit showed a huge dropoff in rogue players going from PvP to PvE. Which, you'd think would be so stereotypical that there's no way it'd be true, but it's a thing. Have to wonder if that is suppressing the rogue numbers here.

Hillsbrad Foothills
5 posts
Horde
Rogue
Horde Rogue 5 posts
 •  Unread

I'm taking a leap of faith when classic is released and maining an orc warrior wish me luck

Deadwind Pass
92 posts
Alliance
Warlock
Alliance Warlock 92 posts
 •  Unread

Good luck

Elwynn Forest
Guild:

Kor Kron Vanguard

51 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 51 posts
 •  Unread

orc race best race :biggrin:

Ironforge
16 posts
Alliance
Warrior
Alliance Warrior 16 posts
 •  Unread

Fellow warrior here. Endure untill you get some buddies for that early whirlwind axe. Then its EZ PZ.