View results
Poll  •  What Class will you be playing?
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1304
Likes: 2504
Orc
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I have merged the two topics as they're basically the same (and kept the poll which has like 3k votes).

   atkars Selexin
User avatar
EU Lucifron
Posts: 7
Likes: 5
Horde
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Still haven't decided... Well, I know for sure I won't be playing warrior, rogue or paladin. Not sure if I want to play hunter or mage again since I have already played those so much, but then again, they are fun to play. I keep going between druid and priest, but I have always played as dps, so not sure if I would enjoy or feel comfortable being a tank/healer which is what I have in mind if I play either of those.

User avatar
Posts: 30
Likes: 10
Horde
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Still can't decide between shammy and mage. I originally played priest, and I enjoy healing, but I've gotten much more into pvp as I've gotten older. And I want something with burst. I was considering lock, but I'm not a fan of pet classes. Can't decide whether the abundance of mage gear + easier farming will outweigh being easily able to get into raids as resto. Don't know at all which one is more fun.

Felwood
User avatar
Posts: 183
Likes: 73
Gnome
Mage
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I had been planning for a long time to main a Human or Gnome Warrior as well as run a raid guild but because I intend to work in a few months time as a Class 2 driver, I'll probably be away from the game too often. In which case I may have to run a levelling guild and pick my favourite Mage.
I'll max out both eventually.

Had Classic been released a year ago i wouldn't be having this problem!

| Kazumi[11] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[34] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Druid Feral
US Stalagg
Posts: 148
Likes: 73
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Dear God! Doubt is creeping in..... was I dead-set on my pick as a feral tank, now the option & ease as a casual gamer starts setting in.

Both can solo a lot in world PVE. But the general ease of being a rogue starts luring me in.

You can easily be a great dps in 5mans and raids and stealth farm herb, pres & pickpocket your way into a mount.

What to do.... I'm flustered!!!

Posts: 140
Likes: 44
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I have to enjoy the game solo due to constraints so I'm rolling an affliction lock with a little demonology thrown in.

Druid Feral
US Stalagg
Posts: 148
Likes: 73
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Zacheous wrote:
3 months ago
I have to enjoy the game solo due to constraints so I'm rolling an affliction lock with a little demonology thrown in.
Catch your drift. Hence i wont be rolling a tank feral or warrior.

Very gear dependant, hence boat loads of time required to suffice in your role if you ask me. Happens to be that time is a goddamn rare resource.

Rogue Combat
User avatar
US Westfall
Posts: 211
Likes: 144
Orc
Rogue
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I was pretty firm on Warrior until a few weeks ago. I decided to relive my vanilla glory days and roll a Druid again. Knowing what I know now, I should have a lot more fun :)

I'm sure I'll still roll a warrior though!

Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Kazukii Would love to see those of your rare kind of little warriorlings. I was considering playing one myself.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 899
Likes: 712
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Forsakenone wrote:
3 months ago
Zacheous wrote:
3 months ago
I have to enjoy the game solo due to constraints so I'm rolling an affliction lock with a little demonology thrown in.
Catch your drift. Hence i wont be rolling a tank feral or warrior.

Very gear dependant, hence boat loads of time required to suffice in your role if you ask me. Happens to be that time is a goddamn rare resource.
Feral druids typically aren't as gear dependent as a prot warrior, as our dire bear form and talents make up a lot of what feral tanks are. Plus they are easy to solo level and flexible end game. Maybe give it a second thought?

ImageImage Lvl 45
ImageImage Lvl 35
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 319
Likes: 147
Undead
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest

Sorry, but Priest. :p

   couchatron
Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
User avatar
Posts: 4
Likes: 4
Horde
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Throughout Vanilla and TBC I played a Mage, and was planning on rolling the exact same character for the nostalgia trip, but found that I didn't really get on that well with it during the AV test that they did. Just felt super clunky and slow-paced compared to modern WoW's Mage.

With that gone though, I basically have absolutely no idea!

Played Horde previously, and do still prefer them, but the lure of trying out Alliance for a new experience is strong. Like a lot of folks I'm time-poor nowadays, so something simple would be fun too. Maybe a Rogue is good? Or a Hunter? Or a Warlock? Argh, help!

Have been looking on the subreddit for advice, but it's gone a bit off the deep end with complaint threads recently.

Anyone any advice for a time-poor player that would like to do some relatively-casual raiding? Doubt it matters too much in the long run, as long as I meet nice people and have fun that's all that really counts!

Thunder Bluff
User avatar
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Horde
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Resto druid, why, bc i've played it since vanilla, and everytime i reroll something else i get bored and go back to my drood, gonna lvl as resto with a tanking mate, it's gonna be slow, we're gonna take forever to kill anything but i know we'll be laughing all the way to 60 :D

ThisGuy
Posts:
Likes: 0
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Still in doubt...

Dwarf Rogue: Mained an Orc Rogue in Vanilla. Was such a blast to play. There were plenty of Rogues tho, but I played a lot and was in a good guild. I'm afraid I'll not have that much time this time around.

Night Elf Druid: Was set on a Priest as first alternative but the wanding-level process has put me a little bit off. Plus I really like Dwarves but it seems like most Alliance Priests will be Dwarves in Classic. Hate to be the mainstream race/class combo. Had a druid up to the 50's in Vanilla (Female Tauren lol). They are solid levelers and provide versatile play styles, especially with 1/29/21 talent build.

User avatar
Posts: 14
Likes: 21
Human
Paladin
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've always played Holy Paladin, since I joined WoW late in TBC... but looks as though they're not a very popular vanilla class. Not that I care about popularity, but I wonder if there's a very good reason for it? May roll warlock also!

Anyone going to be playing classic on an EU server and want to join up for RP/PVE/PVP? Let's talk!
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ThisGuy wrote:
3 months ago
Still in doubt...

Dwarf Rogue: Mained an Orc Rogue in Vanilla. Was such a blast to play. There were plenty of Rogues tho, but I played a lot and was in a good guild. I'm afraid I'll not have that much time this time around.

Night Elf Druid: Was set on a Priest as first alternative but the wanding-level process has put me a little bit off. Plus I really like Dwarves but it seems like most Alliance Priests will be Dwarves in Classic. Hate to be the mainstream race/class combo. Had a druid up to the 50's in Vanilla (Female Tauren lol). They are solid levelers and provide versatile play styles, especially with 1/29/21 talent build.
It comes down to what gameplay experience you want to have.

Rogue is good for levelling and very good for both pve and pvp. Good gold farming options, simple spell rotations and role in pve (might be both pro and con), self-reliant in the open world, lot of fun in pvp, might be competitive to get a raiding spot but that should not discourage you from playing class you like.

I personally will be rolling NE Priest mostly because of the reason you stated. I hate to be mainstream too. Eventhough I kinda like the looks of dwarf priest, I would just hate to look like the 60% of the priests out there. And of course I wanna re-experience the NE starting zones.

I think that Druid is not for everyone, but for me personally it is the class I identify with the most. I love the fantasy, aesthetics, and the fact they are very versatile and fun to play all across the game from lvl 1 to 60 and beyond. I might as well change my mind right in the last second and roll one again instead.

   Selexin
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Stormwind
User avatar
US Thunderfury
Posts: 10
Likes: 8
Human
Paladin
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Warrior, most likely Orc. I'm looking forward to the old style of tanking since I've mostly tanked since I've played the game. It should be fun.

Nobleshield
--
Protecting the weak, punishing the wicked
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 899
Likes: 712
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ThisGuy wrote:
3 months ago
Still in doubt...

Dwarf Rogue: Mained an Orc Rogue in Vanilla. Was such a blast to play. There were plenty of Rogues tho, but I played a lot and was in a good guild. I'm afraid I'll not have that much time this time around.

Night Elf Druid: Was set on a Priest as first alternative but the wanding-level process has put me a little bit off. Plus I really like Dwarves but it seems like most Alliance Priests will be Dwarves in Classic. Hate to be the mainstream race/class combo. Had a druid up to the 50's in Vanilla (Female Tauren lol). They are solid levelers and provide versatile play styles, especially with 1/29/21 talent build.
Yeh I've been toying with the following specs:
- 1/29/21 NG/HotW/NS
- 1/32/18 NG/LotP/REJUV (this is not bad all round)
- 8/32/11 NSS/LotP/Insect (leaning toward this, not strong healing though for PvE)
- 0/30/21 HOTW/NS (my vanilla spec)
- 14/32/5 Omen/LotP/Furor (pure feral PvP/E)

Just trying to figure out what to do with making PvE and PvP both viable and fun with the right combo...

ImageImage Lvl 45
ImageImage Lvl 35
Warsong Gulch
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 85
Likes: 51
Troll
Rogue
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Cersei wrote:
3 months ago
I've always played Holy Paladin, since I joined WoW late in TBC... but looks as though they're not a very popular vanilla class. Not that I care about popularity, but I wonder if there's a very good reason for it? May roll warlock also!
Paladins might look less popular because only Alliance can play them, but if you look at only Alliance characters, they are right up there in the mix!

Check out the Census project (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1681) if you want to see other population data.

   Cersei
ImageImage
ThisGuy
Posts:
Likes: 0
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
3 months ago
ThisGuy wrote:
3 months ago
Still in doubt...

Dwarf Rogue: Mained an Orc Rogue in Vanilla. Was such a blast to play. There were plenty of Rogues tho, but I played a lot and was in a good guild. I'm afraid I'll not have that much time this time around.

Night Elf Druid: Was set on a Priest as first alternative but the wanding-level process has put me a little bit off. Plus I really like Dwarves but it seems like most Alliance Priests will be Dwarves in Classic. Hate to be the mainstream race/class combo. Had a druid up to the 50's in Vanilla (Female Tauren lol). They are solid levelers and provide versatile play styles, especially with 1/29/21 talent build.
It comes down to what gameplay experience you want to have.

Rogue is good for levelling and very good for both pve and pvp. Good gold farming options, simple spell rotations and role in pve (might be both pro and con), self-reliant in the open world, lot of fun in pvp, might be competitive to get a raiding spot but that should not discourage you from playing class you like.

I personally will be rolling NE Priest mostly because of the reason you stated. I hate to be mainstream too. Eventhough I kinda like the looks of dwarf priest, I would just hate to look like the 60% of the priests out there. And of course I wanna re-experience the NE starting zones.

I think that Druid is not for everyone, but for me personally it is the class I identify with the most. I love the fantasy, aesthetics, and the fact they are very versatile and fun to play all across the game from lvl 1 to 60 and beyond. I might as well change my mind right in the last second and roll one again instead.
Most polls I've seen put Rogue as the #4-#5 played class... but I can hardly believe that. The rise of the DPS warrior surely adds to this prediction. I have absolutely no idea on how much time I'll be able to spend on the game so a Druid will provide more of an assurance to get into dungeon groups with the ability to tank or heal. Still two months to figure this shit out.

Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ThisGuy wrote:
3 months ago
Most polls I've seen put Rogue as the #4-#5 played class... but I can hardly believe that. The rise of the DPS warrior surely adds to this prediction. I have absolutely no idea on how much time I'll be able to spend on the game so a Druid will provide more of an assurance to get into dungeon groups with the ability to tank or heal. Still two months to figure this shit out.
I think you should look at from the long term perspective. You will eventually get to 60 and whether you will have fun will be determined by whether you chose the right class for you or not. Main decision point for you should be what gameplay you strive for. Yes there might be many rogues out there but if you want to play as one, again, that should not bother you. Do you wanna support others as a druid, be the most versatile class in the game but not being able to top the charts in most cases, or do you want to be tier 1 self-reliant dps?

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
User avatar
Posts: 30
Likes: 10
Horde
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

There’s a lot of discussion about which classes are best, which classes can be viable, and how to play them.
This seems to miss the most important question: which classes are the most fun?
Whether you enjoy the abilities, the aesthetic, the strength, or something else, in your own words, what is the most fun class to you?

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1073
Likes: 716
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Went to click hunter... No hunters... 2 rogues... Feel marginalized and lonely... My class is not fun. I am alone. At least my pet can keep me company?

User avatar
Posts: 30
Likes: 10
Horde
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sorry friend, it’s fixed now.

   Stfuppercut
Priest Holy
User avatar
Posts: 14
Likes: 16
Human
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Warlock is real fun, you can easily solo the most elite quests with dotting + fear. Also you reg times are really short because you can lifetap until mana and health bars are even and then drink+eat.

Similar topics
to 'What are you going to play/main?'
Posts ViewsLast post