View results
Poll  •  What Class will you be playing?
Druid Feral
User avatar
Posts: 49
Likes: 17
Tauren
Hunter
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Haven't quite decided yet, Though I'm tempted to roll a hunter, rogue, or warlock.

<The Seven Deadly Sins>
Heartseeker-PvP
Guild Master
Ashenvale
Posts: 57
Likes: 21
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

At the moment it seems that I'll roll a druid

Image
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 204
Likes: 128
Horde
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I’m having a really hard time picking. My friend is rolling mage and wants me to roll a resto Druid, which is something I’ve never done before but looking at how everyone is talking about druids it’s scaring me :3

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 6
Alliance
Warlock
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm not completely sure to be honest since I can't really make any decisions based on how the classes play in retail. I will probably play a 2-3 different classes and see which one I end up enjoying the most. Been playing some on Light's Hope to refresh my memory and so far it stands between Warlock, Priest and Paladin.

Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Tec Play what you yourself want to play not what others want you to play.

   Rinkusan
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 204
Likes: 128
Horde
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
3 months ago
@Tec Play what you yourself want to play not what others want you to play.
:/ I know, I’m just torn between so many things and I want to be useful and have fun and able to solo things. Druid might not be the worst option but it’s really looked down upon around the community it seems which is scaring me. I’ve been looking mostly at Rogue, priest and hunter before my friends “suggestion”, I just don’t know much about druids and the information about them seems somewhat weird, either they’re the worst or they’re just ok. Who knew it would be this hard to decide what to invest my spare time into while somewhat trying to be useful :3

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
3 months ago
:/ I know, I’m just torn between so many things and I want to be useful and have fun and able to solo things. Druid might not be the worst option but it’s really looked down upon around the community it seems which is scaring me. I’ve been looking mostly at Rogue, priest and hunter before my friends “suggestion”, I just don’t know much about druids and the information about them seems somewhat weird, either they’re the worst or they’re just ok. Who knew it would be this hard to decide what to invest my spare time into while somewhat trying to be useful :3
Rogue, Priest and Druid are all good choices imo.
My first 60 was Druid and I had a blast. Though I would probably suggest Priest or Rogue over Druid as I feel that Druid is a little harder to get into the game as.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 204
Likes: 128
Horde
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
3 months ago
Tec wrote:
3 months ago
:/ I know, I’m just torn between so many things and I want to be useful and have fun and able to solo things. Druid might not be the worst option but it’s really looked down upon around the community it seems which is scaring me. I’ve been looking mostly at Rogue, priest and hunter before my friends “suggestion”, I just don’t know much about druids and the information about them seems somewhat weird, either they’re the worst or they’re just ok. Who knew it would be this hard to decide what to invest my spare time into while somewhat trying to be useful :3
Rogue, Priest and Druid are all good choices imo.
My first 60 was Druid and I had a blast. Though I would probably suggest Priest or Rogue over Druid as I feel that Druid is a little harder to get into the game as.
Druid seems like a very special type of play style from what I gathered but is also somewhat why I’m slightly attracted to the idea of doing it but at the same time I have no idea if I’ll like it.

I assume at 60 you’re locked to resto but you level as feral?
Holy is something I’ve been looking at for a while but seems weaker farming wise as opposed to Druid but better at healing during raids and such.

I appreciate your feedback tho.

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Alterac Valley
User avatar
US Rattlegore
Posts: 35
Likes: 10
Dwarf
Rogue
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Planning on playing a Warlock. I like the class fantasy and Warlocks have a good amount of group utility for a DPS class with CC, healthstones, soulstones and the ritual of summoning.

Image
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Tec
You will most likely be locked to Resto at 60 unless you rly like feral and want to push the limits, but from what you said it seems that feral is not for you. Balance is kinda meh. And levelling is best as Feral, yes.

Regarding farming potential, it depends on what you want to farm. I think you have more options as Druid but on the other hand Priest has decent aoe farming potential opposed to druid.

Regarding healing in raids, Priest is overall better healer as they have multiple choice of heals so they can adapt to any situation. They are better at emergency healing with Flash Heals and shields. They have a little stronger healing over time spell and better aoe heal. Druid heals are less effective due to their longer casting time but can still do a lot of healing. Druid also lacks a normal ressurection which other healers have. They do have combat res though, which is always nice but on 30 min. cd. They bring other buffs as well as Innervate which you usually use on your Priests to boost their mana regen. Druid also has better mana efficiency then Priest.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 204
Likes: 128
Horde
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
3 months ago
@Tec
You will most likely be locked to Resto at 60 unless you rly like feral and want to push the limits, but from what you said it seems that feral is not for you. Balance is kinda meh. And levelling is best as Feral, yes.

Regarding farming potential, it depends on what you want to farm. I think you have more options as Druid but on the other hand Priest has decent aoe farming potential opposed to druid.

Regarding healing in raids, Priest is overall better healer as they have multiple choice of heals so they can adapt to any situation. They are better at emergency healing with Flash Heals and shields. They have a little stronger healing over time spell and better aoe heal. Druid heals are less effective due to their longer casting time but can still do a lot of healing. Druid also lacks a normal ressurection which other healers have. They do have combat res though, which is always nice but on 30 min. cd. They bring other buffs as well as Innervate which you usually use on your Priests to boost their mana regen. Druid also has better mana efficiency then Priest.
I will take this into my consideration, thank you.

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Undercity
User avatar
Posts: 120
Likes: 56
Horde
Shaman
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Crazy that paladin is the lowest! I feel like I used to see way more paladins than any other class. Granted, I played horde, so they probably just stood out to me.

Hunter Survival
User avatar
US Stalagg
Posts: 241
Likes: 191
Tauren
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've been undulating a lot on this. Warrior's been fun with friends on a pserver but wow is it bad when you're left alone. I don't think I could stomach being that horrible in solo wPvP and pub BGs. Maybe I could hedge for that by stocking up on free action potions?

My fallback plan is hunter but then I'm still a free meal for any warlock. Not even consumables could save that match-up.

Rogue Combat
User avatar
Posts: 147
Likes: 54
Undead
Rogue
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Was warlock that popular in vanilla? First time seeing them at the top!

   Stfuppercut
Image
Deadwind Pass
User avatar
US Herod
Posts: 223
Likes: 120
Orc
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It seems that Warlocks are taking over.

<Tyranny>
Herod - PvP
Image
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 204
Likes: 128
Horde
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stupeed wrote:
3 months ago
It seems that Warlocks are taking over.
People really like their soul shards :mrgreen:

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I think the high number of warlocks is just typical for this specific community we have here. It doesnt mean there will be such abundace of them in Classic.
This site imo brings like-minded players as well as their class orientation.

   Stfuppercut
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
Posts: 349
Likes: 165
Horde
Warlock
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yeah paladins being the lowest is surprising...they are Blizzards babys!
And warlock being the highest...even though they were the lowest in vanilla when current.

But I think since we have 15 years of data with vanilla and people get more experience/knowledge with the game they will make a different decision this time around. Because if i knew more about warlocks and had time to try one maybe i would have played one...or maybe i was just so dedicated to my priest main i didnt have time to try other classes.

This time around i will try something new!

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 38 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
Posts: 11
Likes: 11
Orc
Warlock
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm struggling to decide which class to main, and the release is getting ever closer! I would really like to play Orc Warlock as that is what I mained then, but it seems like it will be one of the most popular classes in Classic and I don't know how I feel about a lot of competition for drops etc. Worried it might take a lot longer for gear farming or mess with a guild dynamic. I would really like to recreate the character I used to play, but not sure whether to roll something else if they are in abundance :sad:
Besides Warlock I'd probably play a Rogue or Warrior as I enjoyed the alts I had of these 2 classes too.

Orc Warlock - Shazzrah (EU) - PVP
Burning Steppes
User avatar
Posts: 24
Likes: 10
Human
Paladin
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I plan to recreate my vanilla Paladin, who was only an alt back then but who became my main in the tail-end of TBC.

Order of the <Mystical Stump>
Image
Light be with you.
Warlock Destruction
User avatar
Posts: 1
Likes: 1
Alliance
Warlock
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Raven wrote:
9 months ago
Female Human Warlock.

There's no way I'm looking at a gnome for the amount of time I plan on playing :neutral:
Im also going to play a Human, but Gnome is better than Human because of the 5% Int +....but i cannot Play Gnomes^^

   Sauva
User avatar
EU Judgement
Posts: 38
Likes: 21
Night Elf
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm gonna main a druid and roll a hunter as an alt.

   Selexin
Image
Ironforge
User avatar
Posts: 9
Likes: 3
Alliance
Mage
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Since its my goal to become really wealthy in this game, I'm going to play a mage,
because afaik it's the best class for farming gold.
I'm also open for alternatives, hit me up if you have suggestions :).

I never cover up the things I'm proud of. If the world was gonna split in half tomorrow, I’d buy the Dark Portal and slap a toll booth on it.
- Jastor Gallywix
Mage Frost
User avatar
Posts: 107
Likes: 42
Gnome
Mage
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Theres a whole lot of warlocks it seems

Felwood
User avatar
EU Razorgore
Posts: 61
Likes: 37
Tauren
Hunter
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

And a lot of Hunters who are very brave or voted before Blizzard said Hunters are fine and don't need fixing :P

Similar topics
to 'What are you going to play/main?'
Posts ViewsLast post