User avatar
Posts: 31
Likes: 20
Horde Warrior 31 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Welcome aboard Stka & CBX!

   CBX
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Guild:

Epoch of Thought


Discord:

https://discord.gg/U


Bnet:

LNE#1326


Posts: 49
Likes: 33
49 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 49 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Welcome everyone new :) feel free to reach out to me to discuss everything vanilla, but especially warrior, the class that I've dedicated more time to than my career :)

   Kurzogg
Guildlead: Epoch of Thought | Vanilla Thunderfury Warrior | Maintank/Father/Husband/Disabled Vet
Twitter:The_Lne Twitch: The_Lne Bnet: Lne#1326
Guild site: https://Epochofthought.shivtr.com | Guild Discord:https://discord.gg/UqAVjJT
User avatar
Posts: 31
Likes: 20
Horde Warrior 31 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Lne wrote:
2 months ago
Welcome everyone new :) feel free to reach out to me to discuss everything vanilla, but especially warrior, the class that I've dedicated more time to than my career :)
OORAH!!! This comment pumps me up. I too am a lover of all things warrior. Lne, I will certainly be picking your brain once vanilla comes 'round. Haven't logged into WoW in 9 years. Will need to get some rust off my sword. :lol:

What a friendly forum we have going here. Thanks again @teebling

   Syturio Lne
Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
Guild:

<Orc Forge>


Bnet:

Peanuts#1271


Posts: 38
Likes: 9
38 posts
Horde
Shaman
Horde Shaman 38 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Howdy I'm Kurzogg!

I'm a WPvP/RP Enthusiast and I want to kill Kel'Thuzzad! I started playing during Wrath of the Lich King and have been hooked on WoW ever since. I have raiding experience up to Twin Emperors. I love meeting new people and I hope to befriend you when Azeroth re-opens it's gates!

“Everything that is... is alive.”
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 694
Likes: 924
Orc Hunter 525 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey Kurzogg welxome! :smile:

   Kurzogg
Ungoro Crater
User avatar
Posts: 22
Likes: 14
Horde 22 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey there!

I just found this website and I think it's great! I'll probably hang around here a lot from now on! :biggrin:

I started playing WoW in late vanilla and I've played all the expansions with various commitment since.
Around the end of Wotlk I started playing different private servers as well, mostly vanilla.
Like a lot other players I am super hyped for Classic!

I have always been playing multiple classes and everyone of them has been fun in its own way.

For the last 2 years I've been playing mostly Hunter on private servers and this might just be the class I'll play on Classic.
But I know that for me, any class can be fun as long as I stay competitive and have friends to play with!

The chances are I roll something not so popular or something my friends are not playing just for the sake of variation and trying be different :mrgreen:

Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 9
Likes: 3
Horde Warlock 9 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hello everyone,

So after lurking the /r/classicwow and this forum for a few weeks, I have decided to create an account to interact with some people before classic launches.

I have only played Vanilla and TBC, mainly on the horde side on PVP EU server Boulderfist. Wasnt much of a raider and other endgame stuff, as I never managed to get level capped in the two years I played (lots of alts and a rogue twink) and loved the battlegrounds, I would spend months in BGs whenever I reached 29-39-etcetera. I quit WOW because me and my friends moved to console games like Halo and CoD.

Quite excited for classic wow and I want to visit the same world as I did when I was 12 years old. Retail wow never appealed to me, as I did not recognize the old gameplay I was used to. Furthermore, after playing League of Legends these past 5 years, I need a 'new' game to get into.

I have my eyes set on an undead warlock, probably with a shaman or warrior alt. going for a pvp server again cuz I think I would love pvp more than pve. gonna take my time levelling and keeping up professions(mining and engineering), Endgame should be the cherry on top, not the goal. probably be hanging out in Bgs a lot again, but after reading Nymis' guide on warfare, I would love to dive into some coordinated world pvp.

greetings from The Netherlands!

Arathi Basin
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 694
Likes: 924
Orc Hunter 525 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Jalapeno wrote:
2 months ago
But I know that for me, any class can be fun as long as I stay competitive and have friends to play with!

The chances are I roll something not so popular or something my friends are not playing just for the sake of variation and trying be different :mrgreen:
Hey jalapeno glad to have you! Yes so long as you can be relevant for your team mates it doesn’t matter very much what you roll, I agree with this.
Ketelkop wrote:
2 months ago
I have my eyes set on an undead warlock, probably with a shaman or warrior alt. going for a pvp server again cuz I think I would love pvp more than pve. gonna take my time levelling and keeping up professions(mining and engineering), Endgame should be the cherry on top, not the goal. probably be hanging out in Bgs a lot again, but after reading Nymis' guide on warfare, I would love to dive into some coordinated world pvp.

greetings from The Netherlands!
Greets ketelkop and welcome. There’s a whole bunch of warlocks on here I’ve noticed - a really popular choice and I think @Nymis has a hand in it :razz: Also looking forward to WPvP very much. He is running a guild I believe if you’re interested in finding some people to city raid with.

Priest Shadow
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 3
Alliance Priest 8 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hi all!

Like @Ketelkop I too have lurked r/classicwow for quite a while now, and recently discovered this cool site through Teeb's post about the race/class comparison tool.

I only began playing WoW in late Wrath/early Cata, so I never got that authentic vanilla experience. I hope Classic will be able to correct that!

I've decided on making a Dwarf Priest come release. A big ole chunky redbeard, with a passion for "fat" heals :biggrin:

So yeah, thanks for having me. Glad to be on board with y'all!

Arathi Basin
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 694
Likes: 924
Orc Hunter 525 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Dishing out the fat heals to the bois. Welcome :mrgreen:

Priest Shadow
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 3
Alliance Priest 8 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
2 months ago
Dishing out the fat heals to the bois. Welcome :mrgreen:
Exactly! I aim to be the absolutest of units, spreading my (un)holy heals far and wide, like the bubonic plague :razz:

Warlock Destruction
User avatar
Guild:

Kor Kron Vanguard


Bnet:

Nym#21750


Posts: 218
Likes: 207
218 posts
Undead
Warlock
Undead Warlock 218 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

@Ketelkop What Teeb said, if you're looking for a guild to raid cities and dragons with, I can tell you more about it hah!

Warlocks are a great choice for anything. I'd personally take mage over them but summoning raids is way too important to rely on others - who else going to show up 30 minutes early before any dungeon or raid if not Warlocks?

Anyway, I hope you like it here!

Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 9
Likes: 3
Horde Warlock 9 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Thanks for the warm welcome Teebling!

@Nymis , yesterday I left a reply on your guide on warfare, which got me pumped.

Would love to do those city raids, back in the day I just joined random groups that where going to raid alliance territories and tagged along, not really knowing what was happening, I think my english proficiency level and age could have something to do with it :D.
I love the idea of intense player vs player battles while integrating raid wide (macro) tactics. Maybe its the LoL background, as that game needs you to pay attention to micro managing your champion and macro managing what happens on the map and where/when to defend, attack, or take objectives.

P.S. PvE raiding sounds fun too, these past few weeks I read up on what raiding is about, but the ultimate goal for me would be getting better PvP gear. Well, we ll see when classic comes around...

Deadwind Pass
User avatar
Posts: 92
Likes: 66
92 posts
Alliance
Warlock
Alliance Warlock 92 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey guys, new here. Found the forum though r/classicwow and the posting of the race/class comparison tool. This place looks great and I intend on spending a lot of time here. I prefer this a lot more to facebook/discord groups.

Thanks for making this place for us all and I look forward to making this my new WoW home

Image
Warlock Destruction
User avatar
Guild:

Kor Kron Vanguard


Bnet:

Nym#21750


Posts: 218
Likes: 207
218 posts
Undead
Warlock
Undead Warlock 218 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

@Toastea Glad to have you here! I love the feeling of oldschool forums myself, it's like pipe tobacco to go with a 15 year old wine.

On a curious personal note, why is it you don't like Discord groups? I'm a big fan of that platform and plan on using it for my guild but I've always wondered as to what criticism some people have against it.

Deadwind Pass
User avatar
Posts: 92
Likes: 66
92 posts
Alliance
Warlock
Alliance Warlock 92 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Nymis wrote:
2 months ago
@Toastea Glad to have you here! I love the feeling of oldschool forums myself, it's like pipe tobacco to go with a 15 year old wine.

On a curious personal note, why is it you don't like Discord groups? I'm a big fan of that platform and plan on using it for my guild but I've always wondered as to what criticism some people have against it.
Because I am a stubborn, grouchy, old man. Thats about it :P I dont hate discord, I just prefer to use it in smaller groups of people I actually know. I will use it for guild stuff when classic come though, much like you. But for discussion I much prefer this format.

Discord is more a platform I like to use while playing in game

   teebling
Image
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 4
Likes: 5
4 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 4 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey. I am bds. Played WoW beta and vanilla. UD rogue on Burning Legion (EU), NE hunter on Stormscale (EU), and then a priest (shadow) and a pala (retri) for a shorter period of time, heavily PvP focused. Played some TBC but haven't touched the game since. I am also the co-founder of SK Gaming where we competed in both PvP and PvE (with Curse that joined SK). Really eager to play Classic.

   Toastea Jalapeno Faendor Stka
Deadwind Pass
User avatar
Posts: 92
Likes: 66
92 posts
Alliance
Warlock
Alliance Warlock 92 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

bds wrote:
2 months ago
Hey. I am bds. Played WoW beta and vanilla. UD rogue on Tarren Mill (EU), NE hunter on Stormscale (EU), and then a priest (shadow) and a pala (retri) for a shorter period of time, heavily PvP focused. Played some TBC but haven't touched the game since. I am also the co-founder of SK Gaming where we competed in both PvP and PvE (with Curse that joined SK). Really eager to play Classic.
Co-founder of SK Gaming? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

   teebling
Image
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 4
Likes: 5
4 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 4 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Toastea wrote:
2 months ago
bds wrote:
2 months ago
Hey. I am bds. Played WoW beta and vanilla. UD rogue on Tarren Mill (EU), NE hunter on Stormscale (EU), and then a priest (shadow) and a pala (retri) for a shorter period of time, heavily PvP focused. Played some TBC but haven't touched the game since. I am also the co-founder of SK Gaming where we competed in both PvP and PvE (with Curse that joined SK). Really eager to play Classic.
Co-founder of SK Gaming? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol:

Arathi Basin
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 694
Likes: 924
Orc Hunter 525 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

bds wrote:
2 months ago
Hey. I am bds. Played WoW beta and vanilla. UD rogue on Tarren Mill (EU), NE hunter on Stormscale (EU), and then a priest (shadow) and a pala (retri) for a shorter period of time, heavily PvP focused. Played some TBC but haven't touched the game since. I am also the co-founder of SK Gaming where we competed in both PvP and PvE (with Curse that joined SK). Really eager to play Classic.
Ello mate :) Welcome aboard!

We have a celebrity guys... just...act... NORMAL.

Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 4
Likes: 5
4 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 4 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
2 months ago
bds wrote:
2 months ago
Hey. I am bds. Played WoW beta and vanilla. UD rogue on Tarren Mill (EU), NE hunter on Stormscale (EU), and then a priest (shadow) and a pala (retri) for a shorter period of time, heavily PvP focused. Played some TBC but haven't touched the game since. I am also the co-founder of SK Gaming where we competed in both PvP and PvE (with Curse that joined SK). Really eager to play Classic.
Ello mate :) Welcome aboard!

We have a celebrity guys... just...act... NORMAL.
Happy to be here. Great job on the site and tools!

   teebling
Posts: 1
Likes: 1
1 post
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hello everyone! Just heard about this on r/classicwow and came to see how amazing it is.
Hope we can enjoy ourselves.

   Syturio
User avatar
Posts: 31
Likes: 20
Horde Warrior 31 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hi there new folks! A big warm welcome from me to:

Kurzogg, Jalapeno, Fatheal, Ketelkop, Toastea, bds, and Lukan!!

P.S.:

Toastea wrote:
2 months ago
I dont hate discord, I just prefer to use it in smaller groups of people I actually know. I will use it for guild stuff when classic come though, much like you. But for discussion I much prefer this format.

Discord is more a platform I like to use while playing in game
I'm with you on this one! Really digging this old school forum myself :mrgreen:

   Jalapeno Hogbobson Fatheal
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Posts: 80
Likes: 52
Horde Warrior 80 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Whoooe! It's been a while!
Welcome, Stka! \o/
Welcome, CBX! \o/
Welcome, Kurzogg! \o/
Welcome, Jalapeno! \o/
Welcome, Ketelkop! \o/
Welcome, Fatheal! \o/
Welcome, Toastea! \o/
Welcome, bds! \o/
Welcome, Lukan! \o/

So glad to see the family grow :D

   Jalapeno teebling Cram Fatheal
Image
Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Guild:

KVN


Posts: 22
Likes: 31
Alliance 22 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hi all!

I can't remember how I heard about this site, but I think it was somewhere through PhPBB (I used to run a wow fan site or two running the PBWoW skin). I didn't play too much of early classic (I think I got to about level 40 when TBC dropped), but I definitely liked how the game played and handled prior to cataclysm. I did my most of my hardcore raiding during wrath (was the top shaman healer for quite a while on my server!) and warlords, but really had a dry spell during cata, legion, mists, and I haven't even touched battle for Azeroth. So stoked to see WoW back at its roots!

I do plan on rolling a shaman since that's what I've played mostly since TBC. However, since I played as a Draenei shaman on retail servers, I will have to roll horde to play in classic.

   teebling
Similar topics
to 'New here? Introduce yourself!'
Posts ViewsLast post