Druid
Tauren Druid 42 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
1 week ago
Which server do you play on from Japan? Oceanic? Welcome to the forum :smile:
Thank you! Happy to be here. I still play on my original EU server, Scarshield Legion. But 7-8 hours time difference + the whole moving here and changing my life has kept me from doing anything with guildies and the guild has essentially died out..
I definitely want to put in the time and effort to keep my community alive this time around!

Making a EU Horde offpeak times and/or weekend raiding guild in Classic! PM if interested :)
4 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hello all,

I wonder how out of place someone relatively new to MMOs would be in Classic, least that is what I'll find out.
My signature explains the few things about myself. Additionally the thing thats kept me dropping MMOs is the lack of friends playing it, and the struggle to make new ones in an old game. Hopefully Classic fixes that, with the benefit of garunteed quality and challenge.

Now to keep lurking, reading all the guides I can. And hopefully find some people to play with!

Just a guy who's never played WoW, nor much of any MMO. Who is looking forward to Classic, with its almost garunteed community and quality.

OCE, Healer (Shaman or Priest), Would like to Raid, but nothing hardcore
Time to lurk!
Arathi Basin
Discord:

teebling#5444

Bnet:

Teeb#2674

Orc Hunter 525 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Pagwani wrote:
1 week ago
Hello all,

I wonder how out of place someone relatively new to MMOs would be in Classic, least that is what I'll find out.
Hey pagwani, welcome to the site!

I think this will be a great entry into MMOs. Vanilla certainly wasn't the 'proto-MMO' of its day (that was probably EQ or knights of..) but rather a sort of slightly refined and 'diluted' version for its time which struck such a good balance that it attracted millions of players. In comparison with modern MMOs you'll find that you are much more dependent on social interactions to progress.

Here's a topic with all the guilds run by Barrens Chat members - might be helpful to you if you're looking for some people to play with.

Warrior Protection
Horde Warrior 17 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Greetings......

I played vanilla back in the day, living the 2004 dream and progressing through to the end of WoTLK (I will admit I played a Cata for a couple of months then dropped off)

I’m extremely excited for Classic but being in my early 30’s now most of my IRL friends with whom I played originally are no longer in a position to play Classic or just aren’t interested.

I guess I’m just looking for new people to grind it out with, laugh about the things we did back then, enjoy the nostalgia and relive the epic adventure that was World Of Warcraft.

I will add I’m UK based, will be playing prot warrior and lock, and will be Horde.

Much Love to you all you beautiful WoW players xx

4 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
1 week ago
Here's a topic with all the guilds run by Barrens Chat members - might be helpful to you if you're looking for some people to play with.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hopefully some more casual or semi-casual OCE guilds post in time, if not I'll just find my place in game.

teebling
Just a guy who's never played WoW, nor much of any MMO. Who is looking forward to Classic, with its almost garunteed community and quality.

Time to lurk!
Mulgore
Guild:

Monstrous Bear Hugs

42 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 42 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Pagwani wrote:
1 week ago
Hello all,

My signature explains the few things about myself. Additionally the thing thats kept me dropping MMOs is the lack of friends playing it, and the struggle to make new ones in an old game. Hopefully Classic fixes that, with the benefit of garunteed quality and challenge.

Now to keep lurking, reading all the guides I can. And hopefully find some people to play with!
Hey there mate! There's something magical about starting a new MMO for sure, so you have quite the adventure to look forward to. Don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you'd like to know.
There's bound to be tons of guilds around, but if you struggle to find a nice OCE one do give me a pm♪I play on EU, but since I live in Japan our playtimes probably match reasonably well :) you'd be welcome to learn and enjoy the game little by little in the weekend raiding guild I'm making.
Just curious, whereabouts in OCE? We get a lot of Australians and New Zealanders in the nearby big cities here.
Mordraek wrote:
1 week ago
I’m extremely excited for Classic but being in my early 30’s now most of my IRL friends with whom I played originally are no longer in a position to play Classic or just aren’t interested.
Welcome to Barrens chat!
I know just how you feel. I'm also early 30s and all my original vanilla/bc/wrath friends basically aren't
playing anymore so the game has gotten so quiet..lets make some noise in classic shall we? :)

Mordraek
Making a EU Horde offpeak times and/or weekend raiding guild in Classic! PM if interested :)
4 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Driath wrote:
1 week ago
Hey there mate! There's something magical about starting a new MMO for sure, so you have quite the adventure to look forward to. Don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you'd like to know.
There's bound to be tons of guilds around, but if you struggle to find a nice OCE one do give me a pm♪I play on EU, but since I live in Japan our playtimes probably match reasonably well :) you'd be welcome to learn and enjoy the game little by little in the weekend raiding guild I'm making.
Just curious, whereabouts in OCE? We get a lot of Australians and New Zealanders in the nearby big cities here.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the offer.
I live in Canberra, Australia. Not the only one if the 'where are you from' thread is anything to go by. It's good here as I haven't had to deal with ADSL for years!

Time to lurk!
Druid 3 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey all! Pumped for Classic and enjoying re-living all these moments. Played since Open Beta always an Alliance healer or DK tank.

Names Ive used:
Icemanix (Azgalor, Righteous Dawn)
Daedalix (Kilrogg)
Daedalas

Favorite fight: Teron Gorefiend, and Illidan
Favorite instance: CoT Culling of Strat

In Vanilla I raided everything from Ony to Naxx, TBC all the way thru Sunwell. Wrath I saw it all up till the end of Icecrown. Have played off and on to see the rest of the content.

Ironforge
7 posts
Alliance
Mage
Alliance Mage 7 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Im brand new to this forum. Love it already. Lots of great topics and threads. Seems to be very welcoming and warm to new members. Im looking forward to discussing WoW classic news updates and content with everyone here. If you see a Gnome Mage named Yams in classic, run away ;).

s1atan
Winterspring
Guild:

Kor Kron Vanguard

Bnet:

s1atan#2841

Tauren Hunter 68 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Yams wrote:
1 week ago
Im brand new to this forum. Love it already. Lots of great topics and threads. Seems to be very welcoming and warm to new members. Im looking forward to discussing WoW classic news updates and content with everyone here. If you see a Gnome Mage named Yams in classic, run away ;).
Welcome to the Barrens chat, mate. Hopefully you will have a good time here. :)

Yams
Take what you can! Give nothing back!
Alliance 18 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Newcomer here, this forum looks wonderful, and I really love the aesthetic! It's true to Classic in every way :)

For posterity:

I first rolled Alliance US (I'm EU) for some insane reason (Emerald Dream). I 60'd a night elf druid (name forgotten), a gnome rogue (Illimin) and a human mage (also forgotten), plus a vast sea of alts. Barely made it through MC and ZG with the guild Renascor before BC hit (and not for a lack of trying!) Waking up at 2am to raid was seriously wild. I would often do it on 3-4 hours of sleep, and my memories of MC are full of hallucinated faces in the walls and lava. This guild was utterly hilarious, drama-wise. The guild leader was really keen on cybering people, and the main tank quit and rejoined several times as he was alternately jilted and taken back. Kept playing the rogue for a bit in BC but quit quickly.

Later, I gave WoW another shot, this time on Horde EU (Scarshield Legion), maining a Tauren druid (Troubadour) plus an Orc hunter twink. I played very sporadically through a good 2 or 3 expansions, but the game had stopped speaking to me.

Really looking forward to Classic. =)

Mulgore
Guild:

Monstrous Bear Hugs

42 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 42 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Welcome to Barrens Chat to the newcombers :) yeah it's a lovely place here, lets nerd together! Today's bunch seems mostly alliance though..'nervously glances over my shoulder'

emberfiend wrote:
1 week ago
Later, I gave WoW another shot, this time on Horde EU (Scarshield Legion), maining a Tauren druid (Troubadour) plus an Orc hunter twink. I played very sporadically through a good 2 or 3 expansions, but the game had stopped speaking to me.
Oh, I've played on Scarshield Legion for over 12 years! Do you remember a female tauren warrior called Sylasia? Maybe a shaman called Ahgrim? A guild called Aftermath perhaps?
Your name does seem vaguely familiar :)

Darnassus
Night Elf Rogue 3 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey all

Migrant from Reddit and various classic discords here.

Used to PvP heaps back in vanilla, mostly BGs on my old server Khaz'goroth (OCE). Raided a bit in vanilla and a lot after vanilla, hoping to do more of that this time around.

Alliance 18 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Driath wrote:
1 week ago
Oh, I've played on Scarshield Legion for over 12 years! Do you remember a female tauren warrior called Sylasia? Maybe a shaman called Ahgrim? A guild called Aftermath perhaps?
Your name does seem vaguely familiar :)
Oof, I'm afraid not hey, it's been a long time and my brain is rusty, although Aftermath definitely rings a bell.

See you in Classic... :)

Mulgore
Guild:

Monstrous Bear Hugs

42 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 42 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

emberfiend wrote:
1 week ago
Oof, I'm afraid not hey, it's been a long time and my brain is rusty, although Aftermath definitely rings a bell.

See you in Classic... :)
No worries, many years ago by now :)
Yeah see you there♪
Chug me a PM if you need somewhere to settle down✨

Alliance 18 posts
1 week ago (Pre-release)
1 week ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Driath wrote:
1 week ago
Chug me a PM if you need somewhere to settle down✨
Ah Alliance is my jam, but I'll be sure to /wave :)

Westfall
Guild:

<Ludicrous Speed>

Discord:

Cliff#9116

Alliance Paladin 2 posts
5 days ago (Pre-release)
5 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey guys,

Discovered this forum last week and was immediately hooked on the site. Really cool concept.

Vanilla WoW is my favorite game of all-time and I couldn't be more excited for Classic's release. I've been playing WoW since 2006 and on private servers for the last 5 years or so. For Classic I've decided on dwarf holy pally and i'll be rolling on [OCE] servers hopefully. :mrgreen:

Priest Holy
Alliance Priest 47 posts
5 days ago (Pre-release)
5 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

t4tcliff wrote:
5 days ago
Hey guys,

Discovered this forum last week and was immediately hooked on the site. Really cool concept.

Vanilla WoW is my favorite game of all-time and I couldn't be more excited for Classic's release. I've been playing WoW since 2006 and on private servers for the last 5 years or so. For Classic I've decided on dwarf holy pally and i'll be rolling on [OCE] servers hopefully. :mrgreen:
Welcome! 5 years of private servers is a lot, haven't you lost a lot of characters in that time? I couldn't play those servers knowing all my invested time could be wiped by a simple Blizzard letter or corrupt leadership.

Paladin Retribution
21 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 21 posts
5 days ago (Pre-release)
5 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hello everyone, I'm Khan "C4N" Katarn, some people know me as Canseco.

I've been playing WoW since WotLK, left on Cataclysm, came back and left again in MoP, came back again in Legion and neglected to play BFA.
Between MoP and Legion, I played vanilla in Nostalrius and Kronos 2 (since minute 0), I can't express how much I loved it, In K2 I was in a guild called Dice Roll and learned how stressful is to commit myself into a hardcore guild as one of the top healers in the realm, I hated and loved it at the same time, the hours of dedication, killing the world bosses, be one of the firsts to kill Ragnaros/Onyxia and show off the loot in IF... hehe

One thing is sure, I don't want to "hardcore" again, never, ever, as good as it was, it was stressful and I can't do it again, I just want to play a game I loved for a short time, but for longer, enjoy it, take my time, don't rush and meet new people, do epic shit, make adversaries on the enemy faction (and the same one as AH rivals), taste the impossible-to-avoid guild drama again (with some popcorn if possible), fight the baddies and get the loot...

I'm from Spain but I speak English, if someone is looking for people to fill an EU-Alliance based guild, just PM me, I'm interested mostly in PvE but probably rolling in a RP-PvP or PvP realm because as a weak holy priest, MCing people at the entrance of BRD/BWL to drop them into the lava (while grunting... off you go!) is a little pleasure I want to repeat.

I were a hardcore healer back then yeah... but I'm rolling a hunter when classic releases, just because deep inside, I'm a little greedy dwarf who wants to be able to farm in peace (I wish I had a gold mine simulator), problem is... one single minute more murdering lashes in Dire Maul and I'll need to give myself into complete madness, this time I'll meet the princess, and she'll know me.

I plan to play the long-play, make every class and learn everything given the time, so my main concerns about classic are:
- Realm survivability, meaning; A realm were in 5 years I will still be able to raid because is not empty.
- Staying classic, classic is classic, not TBC, neither WotLK, the only thing I would be happy with would be horizontal content as catch-ups and "The Cutting Room Floor" content, like Hyjal...
- Finding the right people to play the game with, making personal bonds too early just to figure that the 'whole' is not for me, and feeling that I need to leave to find my place elsewhere, it's something that really hurts, not just for myself but to many others as well.

And that's all I think, orcs are ugly.

Rootdancer Makaveli
Mulgore
Guild:

Monstrous Bear Hugs

42 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 42 posts
5 days ago (Pre-release)
5 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

C4N wrote:
5 days ago

I plan to play the long-play, make every class and learn everything given the time, so my main concerns about classic are:
- Realm survivability, meaning; A realm were in 5 years I will still be able to raid because is not empty.
- Staying classic, classic is classic, not TBC, neither WotLK, the only thing I would be happy with would be horizontal content as catch-ups and "The Cutting Room Floor" content, like Hyjal...
- Finding the right people to play the game with, making personal bonds too early just to figure that the 'whole' is not for me, and feeling that I need to leave to find my place elsewhere, it's something that really hurts, not just for myself but to many others as well.

And that's all I think, orcs are ugly.
Hear hear mate, totally agree with you! Unfortunately I'll be playing horde, so I'll see you on the other side of my slashing paws, but otherwise we think completely alike it seems. Really hope more people are around to trot through the entire thing for a long time together..
Welcome to the forum!

C4N
Hunter Marksman
Night Elf Hunter 17 posts
5 days ago (Pre-release)
5 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hello all new members! Classic is slowly closing in and I can feel the hype bubbling up!
The community is growing! Bring on classic!

teebling
Ishnu-alah. Elune light your path.
Silithus
Gnome Mage 6 posts
5 days ago (Pre-release)
5 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Defuzed here, just signed up but been lurking around ever since I first heard of this site 10-11 months ago. Thought to myself it's time to make an account since classic is finally just around the corner!

teebling
Eastern Plaguelands
Undead Priest 4 posts
4 days ago (Pre-release)
4 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey everyone,

I primarily played a Mage in classic but switched over to Hunter toward the end of classic and at the beginning of TBC. I took short breaks throughout the following expansions often switching between Hunter and Shaman through TBC, Wrath, Cataclysm, and Warlords. After early Cata, I really lost all ambition to play the game.

My raiding experience in classic was through the first few bosses in AQ.

The thing I'm looking forward to in classic is getting back the sense of community. I miss that when cross-realm battlegrounds and LFD/LFR came into existence.

Winterspring
Guild:

Kor Kron Vanguard

Bnet:

s1atan#2841

Tauren Hunter 68 posts
4 days ago (Pre-release)
4 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hi guys, such a nice introductions! Welcome to the Barrens chat :biggrin:

Take what you can! Give nothing back!
Mulgore
Guild:

Monstrous Bear Hugs

42 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 42 posts
4 days ago (Pre-release)
4 days ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Yeah much welcomes to all the newcombers♪
Our new Classic community starts here!

daisyKutter