brank
2 months ago
2 months ago
  •  Unread

Hi all, glad that I found this forum.

I haven't played WoW since wotlk and doesn't really remember my wow-account, therefore I can't post on the official forums.

I love forums, and hopefully this forum will answer alot of the questions I have for classic.

So if you are new here, introduce yourself!

Best regards!

//Erko

FaendorteeblingSyturioFlerexIced_PlasmaTol0thCallMeDarasludAngmar
A nice guy from Sweden looking forward to Classic.
Arathi Basin
EU Ghostlands
brank
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter brank
2 months ago
2 months ago
  •  Unread

Hey Erko, welcome! :smile:

Kurzogg
Undercity
EU Ragnaros
brank
Alliance
Alliance brank
2 months ago
2 months ago
  •  Unread

Welcome :)
Did you played Vanilla and TBC, or just WoTLK?

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Ironforge
EU Argent Dawn
brank
Horde
Horde brank
2 months ago
2 months ago
  •  Unread

Welcome to the forums. A lot of people who loves Classic are here. If you got any questions, just stick around and ask.

Teldrassil
US Sargeras
brank
Alliance
Hunter
Alliance Hunter brank
2 months ago
2 months ago
  •  Unread

Welcome! I'm new here too, glad I found this place just the same as you. Something about discussion forums like these pulls at my heartstrings more-so than subreddits. Maybe because of the personalization and tighter community feeling.

Kurzogg
Westfall
EU Boulderfist
brank
Alliance
Paladin
Alliance Paladin brank
2 months ago
2 months ago
  •  Unread

Welcome to the best worst Classic forum on the web :)

Kurzogg
brank
2 months ago
2 months ago
  •  Unread

Syturio wrote:
2 months ago
Welcome :)
Did you played Vanilla and TBC, or just WoTLK?
Thank you all!

I played classic, TBC & wotlk, it will be fun to exlore the game now when you are alot more experienced with games & have better CPU etc!

SyturioAngmar
Mulgore
EU Hakkar
brank
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior brank
2 months ago
2 months ago
  •  Unread

Welcome aboard!

erkoKurzogg
Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)
Warrior Protection
Horde Warrior brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Hello there! I too am brand new :D Reddit pointed me in this direction!

(Should there be a stickied "for new people to say hi" thread?)

teeblingTol0therko
Arathi Basin
EU Ghostlands
brank
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Hey matey, already said hi via PM but I will say it again!

Welcome to the worst classic forum on the web :razz:

Warrior Protection
Horde Warrior brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Worst forum, eh? Sounds like I'm in the right place!

Tol0thfendorRavenheart
Alterac Valley
US Sargeras
brank
Alliance
Priest
Alliance Priest brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Welcome! It's a nice place to be :)

Kurzogg
"Stop screwing around! It's a long way down... let me control the character"
EU The Maelstrom
brank
Alliance
Warlock
Alliance Warlock brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

I am new here too, I am glad I found it.

I dislike the modern move to twitch and discord, I like old skool forums more for community building.

teeblingRavenheart
The Barrens
Horde brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Hogbobson wrote:
1 month ago
Hello there! I too am brand new :D Reddit pointed me in this direction!

(Should there be a stickied "for new people to say hi" thread?)
This is a good idea, an introduction thread.
Welcome to the new(er) people!

CallMeDara
Currently playing on Northdale PvP, a Light’s Hope private server and my own closed server. Testing leveling routes, grinding efficiency, and trying to improve personal Hunter speedrun times.

Silithus
Horde Warlock brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Blackadder wrote:
1 month ago
I am new here too, I am glad I found it.

I dislike the modern move to twitch and discord, I like old skool forums more for community building.
I dislike the modern forums. Too much space, too little information, so disconnected from the original fantasy theme of WoW.

Kurzogg
Onwards, sons of perdition!
US Bloodscalp
brank
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Welcome to everyone and /hail indeed!

Ravenheart
Alliance Warrior brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Hi everyone!

I'm glad I found this forum. What a cool concept - "Barrens Chat". Definitely brings back memories!

I have time to kill, so here's a little bit of my WoW experience/history:

I first picked up WoW during the summer of 2006. I was 20 years old at the time and in college. Oh my, how the time flies! And yes, I was a little late to the party. I certainly was not an early adopter. IIRC, the game came out in Nov. 2004. That being said, I have been a long time PC gamer and Blizzard fan. I grew up playing Warcraft I, II, II, Starcraft, Diablo I, Diablo II, etc. However, I tend to be timid about new games, and i'll admit, the whole concept of an MMO was strange to me, and didn't really appeal. I think it was due to my perception of the game being too casual in nature, and for little kids and old people (lol). I am very competitive and have always tended to prefer the PvP aspect of games. My initial impression of the combat in WoW was that it was boring. However, and I would have never imagined this, but it was the PvE/raiding in WoW that kept me playing for so many years.

My first main was an Orc Warrior on the Darkspear server named Levin. He was named after the Toyota Corolla Levin, as I was a big fan of the Anime Initial D, and particularly liked the episode where Wataru races Takumi with his turbocharged Levin. I had some friends pestering me about WoW for a long time, and I think seeing some of the open world PvP combat (think STV) is what finally sold me on giving it a try. I leveled my Warrior to 60, did lots of BG's & PvP, and then got bored. I wanted to give raiding a try, but couldn't find a decent guild that needed a warrior. My friends guild "PREY" on Darkspear needed more ranged DPS for their raids, but they were Alliance. Long story short, after some convincing, I agreed to reroll a Human Mage, and they helped me get to 60 and get into some raids. This is what "saved" WoW for me.

Raiding in Classic (obviously we didn't call it Classic or Vanilla that back then) was simply put, IMHO, a ton of fun. I loved all of the planning, the care needed in pulling mobs, the threat mechanic, the laughter/joking among guildmates on good ole Ventrilo, and getting a few new pieces of shiny loot every week. OK, maybe the wipes weren't that fun, but learning and getting better at working as a team was definitely rewarding! And the excitement/joy whenever we would get our first kill on a new boss was awesome. My guild wasn't the best at anything (and trust me , we had our fair share of drama), but we had fun, and managed to make it pretty far, but regrettably, not as far as Naxxramas before TBC. This was probably one of my only regrets, and honestly, only have myself to blame for not picking up WoW sooner.

I will always remember the Classic fondly, but I also remember the game "losing" something every time a new expansion came out. It was never anything big/major, but little by little, the game was being watered down. Also, I ultimately learned, over the years, that I am a Warrior at heart. At some point during TBC, I went back to my Warrior, but did a race change to Human (to keep playing with my Alliance friends), and then I absolutely fell in love with tanking. My guild broke up, and somehow I ended up on Khadgar, where I main tanked, all the way through till WOTLK. It was such a blast being the guy pulling bosses, and the feeling/pressure knowing that if I died, it was most likely a wipe. WOTLK was the end of my WoW career. Another guild break up, and my graduating college in 2010 sort of collided together, and I decided I would throw up the virtual gloves. I never thought that 8-9 years later, I would hear of Blizzard announcing to recreate and rerelease the same game I played all those years ago. And yes, you guessed it, I want to get back into the 40 mans, and this time, I want Naxx!

I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys and hope to make some new friends along the way!

-Edensong

NostraCallMeDaraSyturioteeblingslud
Warsong Gulch
US Tichondrius
brank
Alliance
Priest
Alliance Priest brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Welcome to Barrens Chat!, Edensong.

Have fun!

The Barrens
Horde brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Welcome! I’m assuming you’re going Warrior for launch? Will it be Orc or Human?

Also, @teebling we should really get an intro sticky for newcomers. ;)

Currently playing on Northdale PvP, a Light’s Hope private server and my own closed server. Testing leveling routes, grinding efficiency, and trying to improve personal Hunter speedrun times.

Arathi Basin
EU Ghostlands
brank
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Edensong welcome and thanks for your tale! :smile:

Jpy I will I promise - will merge all the welcome posts into one topic and sticky it. Just need to find a moment to sit down and do it.. we got hit by a 20m rogue wave that stove in the helideck so a bit busy atm :razz:

Alterac Valley
Horde Mage brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Welcome Edensong! :biggrin:

"Ya got my attention."
brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Welcome here! my first ever wow character was a Orc Warrior aswell xD

EU Grim Batol
brank
Horde
Mage
Horde Mage brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Welcome here mate

Warrior Protection
Horde Warrior brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Welcome! \o/

Alliance Warrior brank
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!

@Jpy Yep! I am going Human Warrior. I will mainly be doing PvE but also hope to find a good Paladin for PvP and leveling. Warrior & Paladin are such a good combo. :mrgreen:

Jpy