View results
Poll  •  With respect to TBC, which of the following would you prefer most?
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
Posts: 372
Likes: 239
Alliance
Paladin
3 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Most of us didn't receive the survey but found out about it from a friend or guildie. I'm curious as to which way people are leaning thus far.

Personally, I do not want the existing Classic servers to progress to TBC servers. They should remain as is, and we should be given the option to transfer or copy our Classic characters if it goes in that direction. However, this may be an unpopular opinion but I think everyone should have to start TBC level 1, just as if you were leveling in a new Blizzlike private server.

Ironforge
User avatar
US Myzrael
Posts: 76
Likes: 47
Human
Warlock
3 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Well, I'd like to be able to copy my characters. I'd like to keep it on the same server in WoW Classic and then be able to copy it to a TBC server.

   ShamelessEU
Warcraft Tavern - WoW Classic Guides
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 954
Likes: 755
Gnome
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

I voted none of the above. I want an option to copy my characters to a TBC realm, and I want my current server to remain Classic. I want to continue copies of my characters going forward on new TBC servers.

   ShamelessEU
Ironforge
User avatar
EU Mirage Raceway
Posts: 8
Likes: 1
Human
Mage
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Fresh level 1, those first few weeks of a new realm are always amazing

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1300
Likes: 2609
Orc
Warrior
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Westorz wrote:
2 months ago
Fresh level 1, those first few weeks of a new realm are always amazing
Agree with this - plenty of people will want to do the Draenei and Blood Elf starter zones again too. Although I predict that those who do will drop their starter toon in favour of a level 60 transfer when faced with the grind again :)

   ShamelessEU
Felwood
User avatar
EU Razorgore
Posts: 110
Likes: 59
Undead
Warlock
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

I don't think they will do copying so I chose the next best: continue playing while server progresses to TBC. Transferring to a TBC server is fine to me as well, comes down to more or less the same thing IMO. I really, REALLY don't want to have to start at level 1 again. If they do it anything like original TBC they will push the 2.0 prepatch around 2 months before the actual release so those wanting to reroll Paladin or Shaman will have those 2 months to do so. The whole point of playing an RPG is character progression. When TBC comes around I don't want to lose my character! It has all the cool outfits I've kept during my journey thus far, the professions, mounts. That would all be lost with being forced to level from 1 again (or 58).
Screw fresh servers honestly, had way too much of that shit in the private server scene already. I rolled on Classic because I was led to believe my character would not be ditched with the release of a new FRESH meme.

   FTHforever
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Kirtonos
Posts: 433
Likes: 220
Horde
Warlock
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Out of the options (I know there's a None option that I can make up my own), I like the idea of logging in and going to the dark portal to start my journey in Outlands. I chose #1 I guess, the server I am on turns into TBC and I have the option to transfer back to a Classic server if I like to stay in vanilla version. Figured most people will continue the journey so vanilla classic servers will have a decrease in population. Would make sense to have the Vanilla people jump to servers to make them feel more populated by only having a few up compared to what they have now...either way option #1 or #2 either TBC or Vanilla will break up there community a bit if they don't communicate where they are going.

I think starting at level 1 is the worst for me. I took a long time getting to 60 so going from 1-70 will take forever compared to 60-70, plus I already did the 1-60. I rather not do it again unless its a new character. Kinda attached to the guy I have been playing in Classic now. It will feel more epic to me to take him to outlands and continue the journey! That's how it was in 2007 so I like that option best! Instead of a new level 58 guy with nothing but grey gear and couple runecloth or a level 1 mutation of my beloved Nyxt!

To be honest, I don't care what Blizzard decides, as long as TBC gets re-released, I am all in on TBC! And if they pick the worst option so be it. But if they repeat it for Wrath I will not do Wrath...no love for wrath. Nothing against wrath but vanilla and tbc are my babies!

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 60 | =-|-= | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 27 |
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Kirtonos
Posts: 433
Likes: 220
Horde
Warlock
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

morbidmike wrote:
2 months ago
I don't think they will do copying so I chose the next best: continue playing while server progresses to TBC. Transferring to a TBC server is fine to me as well, comes down to more or less the same thing IMO. I really, REALLY don't want to have to start at level 1 again. If they do it anything like original TBC they will push the 2.0 prepatch around 2 months before the actual release so those wanting to reroll Paladin or Shaman will have those 2 months to do so. The whole point of playing an RPG is character progression. When TBC comes around I don't want to lose my character! It has all the cool outfits I've kept during my journey thus far, the professions, mounts. That would all be lost with being forced to level from 1 again (or 58).
Screw fresh servers honestly, had way too much of that shit in the private server scene already. I rolled on Classic because I was led to believe my character would not be ditched with the release of a new FRESH meme.
Wow thats exactly how i feel, damn maybe your my alter ego account and i dont know it yet!

Yeah i came to classic cause I had bad experiences with private servers with loss of progression, loss of character or just plain server gone forever. Coming to Classic I expected that my character would live on forever and i would never loose my progression and stuff. I have put alot of work into Nyxt! My full time job is not WoW, if it was maybe I would feel differently.

   morbidmike
Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 60 | =-|-= | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 27 |
Desolace
User avatar
Posts: 64
Likes: 28
Horde
Warlock
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Starting from lvl 1? I honestly hate this idea. We have current vanilla classic to lvl up toons, if TBC drops I personally sure as hell don't want to be forced to re-do the content I was doing in the past year(s), depending when TBC drops, just so I can get to new content (yes, even with the nerfs vanilla areas received).

I'm also pretty sure most people would feel the same way, I don't see this happening. Imo it'll either be copy your toon to a TBC realm or the other way around, copy it to a permanent vanilla realm as current ones progress to TBC.

A bat in the hand is worth two in the belfry.
Ironforge
User avatar
US Myzrael
Posts: 76
Likes: 47
Human
Warlock
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

ToriK wrote:
2 months ago
Starting from lvl 1? I honestly hate this idea. We have current vanilla classic to lvl up toons, if TBC drops I personally sure as hell don't want to be forced to re-do the content I was doing in the past year(s), depending when TBC drops, just so I can get to new content (yes, even with the nerfs vanilla areas received).

I'm also pretty sure most people would feel the same way, I don't see this happening. Imo it'll either be copy your toon to a TBC realm or the other way around, copy it to a permanent vanilla realm as current ones progress to TBC.
I don't see why they couldn't offer some TBC realms where players cannot have existing toons and everyone starts from level 1 in addition to a copy/transfer option.

Warcraft Tavern - WoW Classic Guides
Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 326
Likes: 177
Night Elf
Hunter
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

I voted option A but what I actually want is to copy my existing characters to a new TBC realm, and my current realm stays a classic realm.

   Furious rijndael Pippina
Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Raikan - Night Elf Druid
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Mage Frost
User avatar
Posts: 98
Likes: 42
Gnome
Mage
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Honestly,
I think it should be like the release back in the day. Option 1 is closest to that progress what you have. If you don't want to, transfer to a classic realm.

   Nyxt
Quicks - Orc Hunter - US Sulfuras
Melthis - Night Elf Rogue - US Netherwind
Meldren - Gnome Mage - US Netherwind
Image
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Posts: 213
Likes: 90
Horde
Druid
2 months ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
2 months ago
I voted none of the above. I want an option to copy my characters to a TBC realm, and I want my current server to remain Classic. I want to continue copies of my characters going forward on new TBC servers.
Exactly this option is what I miss. This would be grand.

Winterspring
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 13
Likes: 7
Alliance
Paladin
1 month ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

I voted option A but option D also appeals to me...albeit for reasons not super relevant to TBC. I love fresh servers where everyone starts over. The game is so fun then and everyone is all levelling and working together to make it to 60 or whatever cap is.

I don't think it's the best option for a TBC launch as making people re-do vanilla content seems harsh. However, part of me hopes that Blizzard do at least do fresh servers as time goes on kind of like how Everquest does with fresh servers for people who want to start fresh all over again back at phase 1. It would be great for people who missed the original classic launch as well.

   Goel
Alterac Valley
User avatar
EU Bloodfang
Posts: 158
Likes: 102
Orc
Warrior
2 weeks ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Id like option 1 and 2, and voted for 1 as it will be easier long term and for guild coherence.

Options 3 is already pretty bad, because people will just pick metaclasses and you will loose alot of cool stuff and money. In addition it kills the TBC thing with "new shamans / paladins need to start lvl1" which is important in my opinion, so players can learn to play these :razz:

Option 4 is the best way for them to lose my subs, I want to keep my achievements.

That said, at least in my guild most voted option 1 or 3 with the majority on 3 :confused: I hope its not what we get...

Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Bloodfang
Posts: 450
Likes: 215
Alliance
Priest
2 weeks ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

I would like to have the choice to pick a server for TBC so I am voting for either option 2 or 3. Complete fresh start with lvl 58 wouldnt be too bad since you wouldnt have to level completely from scratch and there wouldnt be that big economy disruption due to people having tons of gold from Classic Vanilla.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Similar topics
to 'Barrens Chat answers Blizzard's TBC Survey'
Posts ViewsLast post