Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 327
Likes: 179
Night Elf
Hunter
1 month ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
1 month ago
Telvaine wrote:
1 month ago
Update because why not; so I joined a random guild and the guild was really hurting for locks. So obviously I decided to level my lock alt and I am definitely having a good time. To be honest though I’m really looking forward to TBC now, and I’m almost prepping more for that than I am playing classic at this point. I really want to raid, but I’m also dead set on having all the classes I want to play for TBC leveled to 60 so I don’t have to waste time during TBC leveling 1-60. I want a Druid, lock, and rogue. WTB more time in the day to waste playing WoW Classic...
I wouldn't get too invested in levelling all the alts you want to bring to TBC. Not only has TBC not even formally been announced yet, we still have no idea if we get to bring characters with us from classic servers. It's a definite possibility, but nobody knows what the migration plan will be - if there even is any.
I definitely see your point but those are also all classes I would like to play in classic so I’m not terribly worried about it. Telling myself I’m prepping for TBC is just my way of convincing myself that I’m not wasting my time leveling them, and by the same token if we can migrate them to TBC, I definitely doing want to waste all that time leveling them when I could actually have for different toons to play at max level.

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Raikan - Night Elf Druid
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 955
Likes: 755
Gnome
Warrior
1 month ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

I really don't want to transfer my classic characters to TBC, but I am planning to play them as my TBC characters. I'm not planning to start new ones in TBC. This puts me in a weird situation where I might have to start new copies of my current characters in classic at some point :lol: cuz if the formal plan is to transfer new characters instead of copying them to TBC realms, then I'm absolutely going to start clones of them in classic as whatever the TBC launch date comes so I'd be able to move them over instead and leave their originals back on classic. I've already started a level 1 druid named Beardozerr to reserve the name in case I can't straight copy Beardozer over.

Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 327
Likes: 179
Night Elf
Hunter
1 month ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
1 month ago
I really don't want to transfer my classic characters to TBC, but I am planning to play them as my TBC characters. I'm not planning to start new ones in TBC. This puts me in a weird situation where I might have to start new copies of my current characters in classic at some point :lol: cuz if the formal plan is to transfer new characters instead of copying them to TBC realms, then I'm absolutely going to start clones of them in classic as whatever the TBC launch date comes so I'd be able to move them over instead and leave their originals back on classic. I've already started a level 1 druid named Beardozerr to reserve the name in case I can't straight copy Beardozer over.
Lol I really hope they don’t make us do that. I don’t see why they wouldn’t just let us copy them, is there some downside I’m not understanding?

Telvaine - Night Elf Hunter
Raikan - Night Elf Druid
Keatts- Human Rogue

Grobbulus - US
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 955
Likes: 755
Gnome
Warrior
1 month ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
1 month ago
Lol I really hope they don’t make us do that. I don’t see why they wouldn’t just let us copy them, is there some downside I’m not understanding?
I'm sure there is an argument against it, I'm trying to play devils advocate in my head to think of some but I'm not coming up with much.

Blizzard put out that TBC questionnaire a couple of months ago asking people how they would want to handle a hypothetical TBC launch.



None of the options involved copying your character to a TBC server. So as of that question from a couple of months ago, it wasn't on the table. But then again, it hasn't even been announced yet so we'll see. But most people I've talked to see to like the idea of copying your character either forward to a new TBC server, or backwards from the existing classic-turned-TBC server onto a new Classic server. I want to copy, not transfer.

Desolace
User avatar
Posts: 64
Likes: 28
Horde
Warlock
1 month ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

I've leveled 3 characters to lvl 60 and made 5k gold in case it's a possibility to get artisan flying right away in TBC when hitting lvl 70.

Aside of that, nothing really moves me. PvE content is so underwhelming it's crazy, never cared much for PvP, and that's pretty much it. Been thinking about a 4th character but doing the whole thing yet again...nah. Maybe later sometime. My acc is inactive for roughly a month now. Every now and then I have a slight urge to go back but think about all the fuss that comes with it and decide not to.

Possibly I'll just only go back for TBC. Maybe if I get the feeling for leveling up a new toon again then I will, but not really getting the vibe for massive play again.

A bat in the hand is worth two in the belfry.
Hunter Marksman
User avatar
EU Zandalar Tribe
Posts: 84
Likes: 73
Night Elf
Hunter
4 weeks ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Telvaine wrote:
1 month ago
Pippina wrote:
1 month ago
I really don't want to transfer my classic characters to TBC, but I am planning to play them as my TBC characters. I'm not planning to start new ones in TBC. This puts me in a weird situation where I might have to start new copies of my current characters in classic at some point :lol: cuz if the formal plan is to transfer new characters instead of copying them to TBC realms, then I'm absolutely going to start clones of them in classic as whatever the TBC launch date comes so I'd be able to move them over instead and leave their originals back on classic. I've already started a level 1 druid named Beardozerr to reserve the name in case I can't straight copy Beardozer over.
Lol I really hope they don’t make us do that. I don’t see why they wouldn’t just let us copy them, is there some downside I’m not understanding?
I think it has to do with the ability to copy gold. If you copy your character over to TBC on the 1st of June with 1.000G in the bags, then on the 2nd of June you transfer all your gold over to your alt, and you copy him over to TBC on the 3rd of June, you effectively doubled your money in TBC. So that's why I think Blizz wants to be the one doing the copying. A good system would just snapshot the whole server on a given moment and then give players the ability to choose which single characters they would like to transfer to a dedicated TBC server.

   Telvaine
Alterac Valley
User avatar
EU Bloodfang
Posts: 160
Likes: 103
Orc
Warrior
3 weeks ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Too be honest: got out way more than I expected. :cool:

Playing since launch and got 4 Level 60 toons now, while casually boosting a fifth.

My main is a couple of items short of BIS and my Shaman and Lock both also are pretty decked out too. I make gold by raiding 40's in two raids and tradeskill cooldowns and already prepping for war effort and AQ40. Even stockpiling some lotus.
I got my https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19334/ ... amed-blade a couple of weeks ago and are a proud owner of a https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19363/ ... e-of-chaos since recently.

By the way @teebling is there any chance to extent the profile page, so I can add my alt army? :razz:

And special thanks to @Stfuppercut for the tip with a mage on a second account: it saves soo much time and money.

   teebling
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1299
Likes: 2498
Orc
Warrior
3 weeks ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

@FTHforever hey good to see you!

That’s a lot of dev work - we’re launching patch 1.13 soon which I hope will make up for the lack of an army of alts on ur profile :razz:

   FTHforever
Alterac Valley
User avatar
EU Bloodfang
Posts: 160
Likes: 103
Orc
Warrior
3 weeks ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
3 weeks ago
@FTHforever hey good to see you!
Yeah even in 2020 there is a demand for a good forum :mrgreen:

Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Posts: 53
Likes: 30
Horde
3 weeks ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Quit classic months ago, burnt out on the meta bs and playing all the time since launch-day. Recently started playing a nelf warrior with the mrs (druid) because of the lockdown stuff in the uk. Caught the bug again but Alliance is for the birds so I'm starting a shammy :biggrin:

   teebling
He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.
User avatar
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Posts: 5
Likes: 1
Alliance
Mage
1 week ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Stka wrote:
3 weeks ago
Quit classic months ago, burnt out on the meta bs and playing all the time since launch-day. Recently started playing a nelf warrior with the mrs (druid) because of the lockdown stuff in the uk. Caught the bug again but Alliance is for the birds so I'm starting a shammy :biggrin:
I'm thinking about trying out a Shaman myself. I played Alliance in Vanilla and still mostly do now. Might be fun to try the other side!

Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Posts: 53
Likes: 30
Horde
1 week ago (1.13.4)
 •  Unread

Baldrando wrote:
1 week ago
I'm thinking about trying out a Shaman myself. I played Alliance in Vanilla and still mostly do now. Might be fun to try the other side!
Do it, man. Shaman's a blast.

   Baldrando
He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.
Similar topics
to 'How is everyone doing?'
Posts ViewsLast post

Latest Blue Posts

View all
  • Screenshot of the Month

    View gallery