Search results

  •  32 matches
Results displayed below.
6 months ago

Re: I got into closed beta! What do you want me to test?

sometimes its like talking against a wall. back then there was no api for this. what census or warcraftrealms.com or any other website did was collecting data through their addons that player used. they did not just collect your data bull all data they could get their hands on. includind data from o...
6 months ago

Re: I got into closed beta! What do you want me to test?

but there were addon for that and even websites. not quiete. what these website did was counting how many ppl uploaded data to them through their amory-addons. every bigger website had their own fan-amory back then. what im actually interessted in is the "map"-animation if somebody has the menu ope...
6 months ago

Re: I got into closed beta! What do you want me to test?

domtora wrote:
6 months ago
Would it also be possible if you could look up how many players are online at prime time for each faction(maybe after every invite wave)?
that was not possible in vanilla with the /who command. its pserver bullshit
6 months ago

Re: Confirmed: graphics toggle, no addons at launch and more...

agreeing with @Goetia , my shit gets regulary edited but this fake news can still spread. this dude has no idea what API and Addons are.
6 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: Thing wrong on private servers
6 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Thing wrong on private servers

However the idea of "unless you have undesputable proof you are wrong and I am right" doesnt seem like one I would like to engage with. yes, because the deamon summoning didnt proof how wrong the collective memory was. http://www.wow-pro.com/wowpro_archive/g ... ming_guide Here is proof! thank you
6 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: Thing wrong on private servers
6 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Thing wrong on private servers

That is wrong. You are able to solo those dungeons. Not all bosses and not all trash but there are enough guides even from Vanilla. Same with the ZG Mage Farm and why wasnt that a thing back then? right, because it wasnt doable. there is 0 evidence that you could do that in vanilla, also i cannot r...
6 months ago (Pre-release)
Thing wrong on private servers
6 months ago (Pre-release)

Thing wrong on private servers

Hey Guys, because of the growing number of guides, tips and other information from vanilla wow i think its time to make a list what is defnitly a false "memory" from private servers soloing dungeons for gold farming (assuming your 60, raid eqqipped and the dungeon level is over 35), this was not a t...
6 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Are you "Practicing" on a Privet Classic Server? - My Guide List

Samaraner wrote:
6 months ago
Hell no. The less I know/remember the better. I want to be efficient in what I am doing, but I wont compromise what I consider an adventure. And practicing clearly would do that.
This. I already hear them cry about how off their "memory" is from what they are used to from pservers
6 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: Original epic mounts (Pre 1.4)
6 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Original epic mounts (Pre 1.4)

teebling wrote:
6 months ago
Perhaps with the recent announcement re: itemisation this could be a moot point
this. if that is true, there will be some completly useless npcs staning around, handing out a quest that you cant complete
6 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: The Problem of World Chat
6 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: The Problem of World Chat

C4N wrote:
7 months ago
Wasn't there some kind of innkeeper that would let a player join a party looking for more people of some sort? I think that was related to the meeting stones... but who cares.
No, that is a private server alternation due to low player count, like world chat.
7 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: Cross-Faction Communication & Collusion
7 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Cross-Faction Communication & Collusion

Back then it was a simple word replacement, by now (on live servers) it dosnt matter what you type it gets scrambled in a way you cant read it anymore.
7 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Anyone else here only play a little of Classic back in the day?

me. started in september 2006 and made it to level 58 on tbc launch day. it was afternoon and the party was already over when i got to the dark portal.
7 months ago (Pre-release)
First Aid as a Healer
7 months ago (Pre-release)

First Aid as a Healer

Hey Community,

just a quick one: is there a benifit as a druid-healer to learn first aid and level it?

LG
Sequoioideae
7 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: First Screenshots of the Classic WoW BETA

Calvin wrote:
7 months ago
norwayguy wrote:
7 months ago
I'm confused, do people not want auto loot?
#NoChanges
you never played vanilla. there was auto loot in vanilla. it was tied to the shift key and had NO menu option.
7 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: Original time to 60
7 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Original time to 60

i started in September 2006 and hit lvl 58 on TBC release day afternoon. So it was 4 1/2 months for me. back then i was in middle school and could play all day since school ended at 1pm. one thing to acknowledge is that in that time period everybody was preparing for TBC so there were almost no dung...
7 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: Who played in local guilds?
7 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Who played in local guilds?

guess it might be a different thing for non-English native folks. I had lots of people around me playing the game at the time but I was never interested in joining those guilds. /agree for me playing on a german realm, and germany not beign that big every guild that was a little serious had these r...
7 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: How do we Feel About Addons in Classic?
7 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: How do we Feel About Addons in Classic?

On an interesting note: a few people have mentioned using Questie on private servers and Nostalrius--fun fact though--that addon was invented in 2015, 9 years after retail vanilla had closed its doors. The quest helper addons that existed before that were extremely lackluster. Funny how nobody ever...
7 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: Profession Trainer locations
7 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Profession Trainer locations

ahh you guys got me :lol: i kind of recalled that there was something like sword-smith and amor-smith but wasnt sure after all that time :mrgreen:
7 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: Trainer Locations
7 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Trainer Locations

@Styurio, your very welcome to do so :)
8 months ago (Pre-release)
Profession Trainer locations
8 months ago (Pre-release)

Profession Trainer locations

1. Primary professions 1.1 Gathering Herbalism ( Apprentice - Journeyman - Expert - Artisan ) Mining ( Apprentice - Journeyman - Expert - Artisan ) Skinning ( Apprentice - Journeyman - Expert - Artisan ) 1.2 Production Alchemy ( Apprentice - Journeyman - Expert - Artisan ) Blacksmithing ( Apprentic...
8 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: How do we Feel About Addons in Classic?
8 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: How do we Feel About Addons in Classic?

Having played on Nostalrius and other pservers in recent times, you can easily get bar mods, questhelpers, boss addons, etc. I'm hoping Blizzard cracks down on the excessive addons via the API, but allow better bar and UI customisation. Having Vanilla but with more modern bars/ui elements will be a...
8 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Server, Region and Population : expectations

I never understood that "playing with the whole world" argument. that might be true for some US&UK Realms but not for the language specific realms. Personally im glad they handling it this way because timezone and people not beign able to communicate proper is a huge drawback
8 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: What little things are you looking forward to the most?

That your not a overpowered, all-doing, all-killing, all-having. I mean that that you cant just fly to the mob and kill him, that you have to get supplies (i accidentally did this in BfA), that you have to visit the capitals that stuff i really dont like this trend in video games that you dont have ...
8 months ago (Pre-release)
Re: Where are you from?
8 months ago (Pre-release)

Re: Where are you from?

kasta wrote:
8 months ago
Huh, no germans?

Well, then here we go.

Germany
Berlin