Post a reply
  •  Ideas and suggestions


This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.
Latest posts review Expand
Knoxtane
1 week ago
- Nulled - Saw your away IRL post. Realms will soon be listed!
aeh
1 month ago
teebling wrote:
1 month ago
aeh wrote:
1 month ago
Also, could you add Classicdb as a known ressource? They offer a .js script which can you use... https://classicdb.ch/?item=20769
I am not a fan of wowhead...to overloaded...
Coming next patch.

This was actually implemented before when classic.db was an http site (insecure) - what that meant is that some people with certain browsers and OS couldn’t access bchat because I was hosting scripts to ‘unsecure sites’! So I took it off.

Classicdb is now https however so I will 100% be reintroducing it this patch.
Cool, thank you! <3
teebling
1 month ago
aeh wrote:
1 month ago
Also, could you add Classicdb as a known ressource? They offer a .js script which can you use... https://classicdb.ch/?item=20769
I am not a fan of wowhead...to overloaded...
Coming next patch.

This was actually implemented before when classic.db was an http site (insecure) - what that meant is that some people with certain browsers and OS couldn’t access bchat because I was hosting scripts to ‘unsecure sites’! So I took it off.

Classicdb is now https however so I will 100% be reintroducing it this patch.
aeh
1 month ago
Also, could you add Classicdb as a known ressource? They offer a .js script which can you use... https://classicdb.ch/?item=20769
I am not a fan of wowhead...to overloaded...
jaggerroy6
1 month ago
All links that direct to different websites, should have a target='_blank' attribute.
With this attribute the user will not leave this site and instead a new tab will be opened.
aeh
1 month ago
Hello,
maybe show the thread name not the link if you post a link to a other thread here:

Image
aeh
2 months ago
Maybe put a restriction on post with only 2 or 3 characters.

I mean a Post with just: "no" or "yes" is not that cool tbh.
teebling
2 months ago
XGDragon wrote:
2 months ago
In that case, consider a Links tab where people can post their websites for various functionalities like the one I described. The link submissioms should be verified by you to combat spam. I'd love an aggregation of useful tools.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1091

There are guild related things there too ^
XGDragon
2 months ago
In that case, consider a Links tab where people can post their websites for various functionalities like the one I described. The link submissioms should be verified by you to combat spam. I'd love an aggregation of useful tools.
teebling
2 months ago
XGDragon wrote:
2 months ago
Have you considered special functionality for guilds? Someone could create a guild, which spawns a private forum. He can give out an invite link (who register and instantly join), or specifically invite board members. There can also be public posts, like recruitment posts and such things. Include a way to list all guilds, filter per realm/faction and you have a winner!
Hey XG, I have indeed considered this before but it is too much of a deviation from what this place is - a discussion forum.

As soon as guilds get involved it will be a nightmare to manage and also take a lot of development time to build.

Not to mention I personally know a few developers who are in the process of building standalone sites for this.

Good suggestion but I don’t plan on doing this at the moment.
XGDragon
2 months ago
Have you considered special functionality for guilds? Someone could create a guild, which spawns a private forum. He can give out an invite link (who register and instantly join), or specifically invite board members. There can also be public posts, like recruitment posts and such things. Include a way to list all guilds, filter per realm/faction and you have a winner!
teebling
2 months ago
Hey Knox, the one forum system is working pretty well so far - I don’t think it needs to be changed.
Knoxtane
2 months ago
I understand you have an addon that puts all the post in one page, however it might be confusing for new comers that have never used forum software. Any way to make it toggle-able for users? I would really love to see all the different forums/categories and a sidebar on the right or left with recent posts and another for recent topics.
teebling
2 months ago
Derek wrote:
2 months ago
Syturio wrote:
3 months ago
@teebling I have this bad habit of opening tons of browser tabs with cool threads i would like to read later, it's getting out of hand :lol: Any plans to add a "Save" / "View later" threads feature? Reddit has something similar, youtube too for videos.
Would love this as well! Otherwise I must say it's an amazing design and forum. I'm really impressed.
Just subscribe to the threads using the button at the bottom.

Then you can go to your user dropdown > subscriptions and they're all there in a list.

You'll receive notifications for any replies in those topics when they're on that list, which might be the only downside to this which you might not want.
Derek
2 months ago
Syturio wrote:
3 months ago
@teebling I have this bad habit of opening tons of browser tabs with cool threads i would like to read later, it's getting out of hand :lol: Any plans to add a "Save" / "View later" threads feature? Reddit has something similar, youtube too for videos.
Would love this as well! Otherwise I must say it's an amazing design and forum. I'm really impressed.
Linguine
3 months ago
Hey Teebs, is there anything you could do to make the Alliance and Horde banners more distinct from the Human and Orc banners? Maybe wider or larger somehow for the general faction banners?

I love checking what everyone is as I scroll through a topic, but these two always make me have to double check.
Syturio
3 months ago
@teebling I have this bad habit of opening tons of browser tabs with cool threads i would like to read later, it's getting out of hand :lol: Any plans to add a "Save" / "View later" threads feature? Reddit has something similar, youtube too for videos.
teebling
3 months ago
inthedark72 wrote:
3 months ago
teebling,

I was wondering if there are plans to further categorize Realms by timezone? Thank you for your all your work, this is an awesome website!
Hey IND,

Will have to see how many realms are planned for Classic when we get an announcement and then will think forward from that point onwards.

Cheers :smile:
inthedark72
3 months ago
@teebling,

I was wondering if there are plans to further categorize Realms by timezone? Thank you for your all your work, this is an awesome website!
Bobi
3 months ago
Maybe it's only me but barrens chat needs ":)" and ":(" as an emote. I hate to forget and use it and there is no emoji for it :(.
Griznak
3 months ago
Clicking this timestamp for permalink to the comment.

Image
aeh
3 months ago
teebling wrote:
3 months ago
aeh wrote:
3 months ago
A Discord Server would be a nice addition. If you have any question, I can help you with setting up a Discord. Im using Discord since release also.
I'm also in the Discord "HypeSquad" (for spread the message Discord is GREAT!)
Not going to happen, sorry - barrens.chat is where we are talking and as an old school forum it will remain that way. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Thats okey for me! Was just an Idea :)
Actually I love "Forums" without any other Platform to talk, buts it is super rare in 2019.
Thank you for your nice work :)
teebling
3 months ago
aeh wrote:
3 months ago
A Discord Server would be a nice addition. If you have any question, I can help you with setting up a Discord. Im using Discord since release also.
I'm also in the Discord "HypeSquad" (for spread the message Discord is GREAT!)
Not going to happen, sorry - barrens.chat is where we are talking and as an old school forum it will remain that way. Thanks for the suggestion though.
aeh
3 months ago
A Discord Server would be a nice addition. If you have any question, I can help you with setting up a Discord. Im using Discord since release also.
I'm also in the Discord "HypeSquad" (for spread the message Discord is GREAT!)
Griznak
3 months ago
Clicking the timestamp to go to the last post.
Image