5 months ago  •  Unread 

A lot of time has passed since we were able to play videogames as much as we desired. Or at least, most of us :smile: Now, with many different things to do with work, family, kids etc. it is kind of a challenge or some sort of reward to squeeze in an hour or two to run about with your virtual character.

What is your feeling - how much you will be able to dedicate? How much you should dedicate? Is there a bare minimum to be worth it?

- anno 2005.
5 months ago  •  Unread 

Well I'm in college so I can squeeze quite a bit in ( Streaming too~! )

For the Crusade!
5 months ago  •  Unread 

I hope to have 1-2 hours a day. 3-4 on the weekend. Full time job, school, working out, day to day maintenance.. Will make me a filthy casual for sure.

User avatar
US Garona
19
brank
Alliance
5 months ago  •  Unread 

I’ll be saving up my holidays over 2019 that’s for sure! No kids or wife yet so I’m free to play myself into a Classic vortex for a couple of weeks lol

People who liked this post: Ravenheart
Image
5 months ago  •  Unread 

Charcoal wrote:
5 months ago
Well I'm in college so I can squeeze quite a bit in ( Streaming too~! )
You cheeky monkey! I'll be lucky if I can get in two hours after work/dinner :razz:

Wish I was still in college. I did 8 hours of lectures a week at uni (!!!) and the rest of the time played the shit out of Diablo 2 and smoked lots of weed. The best times of my life!

5 months ago  •  Unread 

I'm a night owl, so I'll spend time in the wee hours playing the game. So, in a single day I'll probably play at least a few hours? Maybe less if I really need the extra Zzzs.

I don't think there is a minimum amount of time needed for anyone to enjoy the game. Everyone plays at their own pace, and in some ways I think taking it slow can be very rewarding. See the sights, soak it in! Extra time will need to be invested if you want to raid, though.

People who liked this post: Iced_Plasma
_________________________________
Cuppa
☕
5 months ago  •  Unread 

I'll play in the hours after my girlfriend goes to sleep until just before she wakes up at 6ish. I figure I can get away with this for like two days before dying. Sucks to be getting older. When I was in college, doing an all nighter sounded fun. Now it sounds like hell.

People who liked this post: Razor
5 months ago  •  Unread 

Laphroaig wrote:
5 months ago
Sucks to be getting older. When I was in college, doing an all nighter sounded fun. Now it sounds like hell.
Haha, this is really something we all can relate to :biggrin: such an accurate way to put it.

- anno 2005.
5 months ago  •  Unread 

Cuppa wrote:
5 months ago
Everyone plays at their own pace, and in some ways I think taking it slow can be very rewarding. See the sights, soak it in! Extra time will need to be invested if you want to raid, though.
I'm in this crowd, for sure. I will 100% not be in any rush whatsoever to level up. I'm just going to let it soak in as you say, and take my time. I miss that kind of pacing, I feel like a lot of games now throw way too much at you - to the point where you can't even enjoy what's happening around you.

People who liked this post: Cuppa
User avatar
US Staghelm
17
brank
Alliance
5 months ago  •  Unread 

Razor wrote:
5 months ago
Is there a bare minimum to be worth it?
I think this'll be a problem for a lot of newcomers who are used to instant gratification - to them spending 2 hours to complete one quest (because you died 5 times to pulling mobs and had to make some friends to finish it) which rewards a tattered cloth with 4 armor on it will piss them off no doubt.

5 months ago  •  Unread 

Markone wrote:
5 months ago

I think this'll be a problem for a lot of newcomers who are used to instant gratification - to them spending 2 hours to complete one quest (because you died 5 times to pulling mobs and had to make some friends to finish it) which rewards a tattered cloth with 4 armor on it will piss them off no doubt.
Therefore, the playerbase is not gonna have too many spoiled teenagers. Or none at all. Which is to my mind one of the greatest things about the whole Classic project.

- anno 2005.
4 months ago  •  Unread 

It's pretty hard finding the time to play with a full time job. I get home from work at 4.30pm meaning I can usually dedicate between 1 and 3 hours of time to gaming during the weekday, and the weekends always vary massively as I've got a stupid amount of things going on at the moment!

I'd assume most people with a full time job would be in the same boat?

Light's Hope • Lightbringer • Awaiting Classic WoW

Image