Jewelcrafting Guide 1-375

Jewelcrafting Guide 1 375 TBC 2.4.3

Jewelcrafting is WoW’s newest profession. Added by Blizzard in this expansion, it involves cutting gems in order to put them into gear or using them to craft rings, necklaces, and trinkets. To find these gems, Jewelcrafters use their main skill, Prospecting, on any gathered ore, destroying it in the process. Once you cap, you’ll be able to craft powerful designs like Relentless Earthstorm Diamond, Figuring – Living Ruby Serpent, or The Natural Ward.

Because of all the ore needed to create bars and find gems, Mining is the most complementary gathering profession a Jewelcrafter can choose. If you don’t, just know that splitting materials with Blacksmithing and Engineering can potentially raise the cost of metal bars on your server. And finally, Jewelcrafting is suitable for all classes and races, given its potential to buff players of all builds.

Training Jewelcrafting

Vanilla

Unlike most professions in WoW, there in only a limited number of trainers that teach Apprentice through Artisan Jewelcrafting, The Alliance’s only options is Farii in the Exodar. The Horde can learn from Kalinda in Silvermoon City or Aleinia in Eversong Woods just outside the city.

Outland

Once you reach Outland to train Master Jewelcrafting, it becomes similar to other professions. Your Master trainers will be in your faction’s first questing area, so Alliance will go to Tatiana in Honor Hold and Horde should find Kalaen in Thrallmar.

There are a decent number of neutral trainers available as well. In Shattrath, there are Nemiha and Hamanar of the Aldor as well as Kirembri Silvermane of the Scryers. In Netherstorm, everyone can also find Jazdalaad of the Consortium at the Stormspire.

Required Materials

Vanilla

TBC

* = Optional, depending on recipes chosen

Leveling Jewelcrafting

1-300

1 – 20: Delicate Copper Wire

20 – 30: Rough Stone Statue

30 – 50: Tigerseye Band

Once you’ve finished crafting your first pieces of jewelry, it’s time to become a Journeyman Jewelcrafter.

50 – 75: Bronze Setting

75 – 80: Solid Bronze Ring

80 – 90: Elegant Silver Ring

90 – 110: Ring of Silver Might

110 – 120: Heavy Stone Statue

Before continuing, you’ll need to purchase Design: Pendant of the Agate Shield. Alliance players can do so from Neal Allen in Menethil Harbor, Wetlands, and the Horde can buy it from Jandia at Freewind Post in Thousand Needles. It will make the next stretch before 150 significantly easier.

120 – 150: Pendant of the Agate Shield

After you’ve completed the Pendants, return to your trainer and become an Expert.

150 – 180: Mithril Filigree

180 – 200: Engraved Truesilver Ring

200 – 210: Citrine Ring of Rapid Healing

210 – 225: Aquamarine Signet

Upon reaching 225, you should head to the nearest trainer and learn Artisan Jewelcrafting.

225 – 250: Thorium Setting

250 – 255: Red Ring of Destruction

255 – 265: Truesilver Healing Ring

265 – 275: Simple Opal Ring

275 – 285: Sapphire Signet

285 – 290: Diamond Focus Ring

290 – 300: Emerald Lion Ring

After you’ve finished crafting the rings, it’s time to cross through the Dark Portal and become a Master Jewelcrafter.

300-375

300 – 310: Any Orange/Yellow Gem Patterns

310 315: Fel Iron Blood Ring

315 – 320: Any Orange/Yellow Gem Pattern

320 – 325: Azure Moonstone Ring

325 – 335: Mercurial Adamantite (x15)

335 – 350: Heavy Adamantite Ring

350 – 355: Any Yellow/Orange Gem Pattern

The easiest way to get from 355 to 360 involves one of two world drops. You can either farm for Design: Living Ruby Pendant or Design: Thick Felsteel Necklace from mobs in a number of TBC Dungeons and Raids, or you can search for them from the AH. Of the two, the Felsteel Necklace is preferable, but both of them will work.

Before continuing, it’s also a good time to reach Honored with the Sha’tar in order to purchase Design: Ring of Arcane Shielding from Almaador in the Terrace of Light in Shattrath.

355 – 360: Thick Felsteel Necklace

OR

355 – 360: Living Ruby Pendant

360 – 365: Ring of Arcade Shielding

Like the period from 355 – 360, the levels between 365 and 370 are most easily completed with World Drop recipes. The most commonly available and economical to make is Design: Embrace of the Dawn, but any Design that requires 365 Jewelcrafting will do the trick.

Getting from 370 to 375 will also require you to reach Revered reputation with Lower City, so this is an opportune time to reach that, if you have not already. Once you do, you’ll need to purchase Design: Felsteel Boar. If you don’t want to grind that out, you can also purchase Design: Talasite Owl at Revered with the Sha’tar or Design: Dawnstone Crab at Revered with your Hellfire Peninsula faction.

365 – 370: Embrace of the Dawn

370 – 375: Figurine – Felsteel Boar

Endgame Jewelcrafting

At higher levels in Jewelcrafting, the trainers throughout Outland can only teach you so many designs. Once you reach a certain point, you will need to begin relying on other sources to learn. The first source is TBC factions, who will sell more recipes than almost any other profession as rewards for reaching certain reputation levels. The second is drops from Dungeons, Raids, or specific mobs. These are much harder to farm and often require a high degree of luck to receive. Check below for comprehensive lists of both types.

Reputation Rewards

BoP/BoE (Rare drops from multiple dungeons/raids, unless otherwise stated):

About the Author

Furious

If I'm not working or spending time with the family I'm probably gaming. Some of my favorite recent games I've played are Far Cry 5, World of Warcraft Classic, and 7 Days to Die.
Subscribe
Notify of

8 Comments
Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
lzin
lzin
2 years ago

Would strongly recommend doing something other than Sapphire Signet from 275-285. This costs ~400g depending on your server.

Kurathis
Kurathis(@kurathis)
Reply to  lzin
2 years ago

Heya Izin!

Thanks for your comment.

I did check on my server (Pagle – Alliance) and I would be able to craft 10 rings for 100g.

Impostor
Impostor
2 years ago

Hanner Gembold is Added in patch 4.1.0.13682.

(source: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=52586/hanner-gembold )

Squirtgun
Squirtgun
1 year ago

Moss Agate is selling for 600g a stack, cheapest one on my server….so im not sure about those pendants for that many levels being worth it. Especially when the item being made sells for under 1g on AH.

Robert Matsumura
Robert Matsumura
2 years ago

what a useless guide

Kurathis
Kurathis(@kurathis)
Reply to  Robert Matsumura
2 years ago

I am sorry you feel that way. Is there something specific that you feel needs to be improved?

Edit: Fixed some grammar issues in my comment.

Last edited 2 years ago by Kurathis
Steve
Steve
Reply to  Robert Matsumura
2 years ago

Abit harsh when someone’s taken the time to write this up you halfwit.

Scroll to Top