User avatar
EU Ghostlands
138
brank
Horde
7 months ago
  •  Unread

If you find a bug, it would be a massive help if you report it in this thread. That way I can investigate and fix them asap.

If you can, please include:

A short description of the issue
Your OS and browser
A screenshot if possible
Anything else that'll help me
Cheers :)

7 months ago
  •  Unread

Yeah seeing a lot of bugs on iOS Safari:

Quotes have no..spacing? above and below
I can’t click the dropdown from my username or mail etc
Posts and views seem to be hidden

User avatar
EU Ghostlands
138
brank
Horde
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Iced_Plasma wrote:
7 months ago
Yeah seeing a lot of bugs on iOS Safari:

Quotes have no..spacing? above and below
I can’t click the dropdown from my username or mail etc
Posts and views seem to be hidden
Thanks buddy, haven't got round to wiping out the default phpBB mobile CSS. I'll get onto this.

User avatar
US Garona
24
brank
Alliance
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Mac OS X Chrome - Sometimes drop down menus open when I hover over them instead of when I click them - seems a bit inconsistent?

Image
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
138
brank
Horde
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Doomsnout wrote:
7 months ago
Mac OS X Chrome - Sometimes drop down menus open when I hover over them instead of when I click them - seems a bit inconsistent?
Think I’ve fixed this - empty your browser cache/data in Chrome for barrens.chat and it should be fine. Please do let me know if the problem persists!

User avatar
EU Kul Tiras
4
brank
Alliance
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Hey Teeb, opening the Appearance Settings loads all the 'Profile Backgrounds' on screen briefly before collapsing back into the drop-down menu.

Win10 Chrome

Could just be my slow ass Dutch net

Image
User avatar
EU Boulderfist
30
brank
Alliance
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Also seeing this ^

User avatar
US Garona
24
brank
Alliance
7 months ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
7 months ago
Doomsnout wrote:
7 months ago
Mac OS X Chrome - Sometimes drop down menus open when I hover over them instead of when I click them - seems a bit inconsistent?
Think I’ve fixed this - empty your browser cache/data in Chrome for barrens.chat and it should be fine. Please do let me know if the problem persists!
Yeah I'm not getting this issue any more after emptying browser cache. Nice one! :)

Image
User avatar
EU Dunemaul
25
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

First of all I have to say that I'm a great fan of all the work done in this forum, I really love it. I also can see that a lot of detail has been put into it, my compliments to the chef.

Description: Latest profile viewers overflow
Environment: Safari 11.1, macOS 10.13.4
Screenshot: Image

Image
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
138
brank
Horde
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Flerex wrote:
6 months ago
First of all I have to say that I'm a great fan of all the work done in this forum, I really love it. I also can see that a lot of detail has been put into it, my compliments to the chef.
Welcome to the forum Flerex! :smile: Thank you for the kind words and for the detailed bug report.

This was actually designed intentionally but I can modify it to show more than ten 'last viewers' by making the area scroll horizontally. Do you think this would be a better way of display the info?

Let me know and I can make the change easily.

User avatar
EU Dunemaul
25
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Oh, I see. Well, to be honest my first reaction was trying to scroll horizontally so that would be a nice addition but, in my opinion, maybe there's no need to show so many users in that list. Showing only enough users to fit all available space would be more than sufficient. But, again, that's only how I see it. Maybe somebody else would tell you different.

Image
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
138
brank
Horde
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Okay thanks for the input. I think I will chop it neatly so that only so many viewers will be displayed and no viewers cut in half as is the case now.

User avatar
EU Ghostlands
138
brank
Horde
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Just wanted to give you guys an update.

Thank you all for your bug report submissions. I know there are some that I haven't fixed yet - I do have a good excuse this time though :P

IRL I actually work as a seafarer. I joined my vessel a few days ago and will be here a month or longer. As you'd expect the internet isn't that great on the high seas so I'm limited to debugging on my local server as opposed to the live one here. However that's not to say that I have forgotten your submissions!

Here is my current to-do list for debugging:

  • Fix guest avatar in PMs
  • Fix topic icons in subscriptions page
  • Fix error with redundant domains (search console)
  • Fix quotes padding bug
  • Fix chrome bug highlight on bbcode icons in post editor
  • Fix profile backgrounds loading

Hopefully I will be back on the coast soon in which case I will have a 3G/4G mobile connection and will be able to update the live site with fixes.
teeb

User avatar
EU Ragnaros
78
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Bugs i found in 1.1 update (08/05/2018).

  • Bugged text in profile anchievements section. (Fixed)
    ExampleShow
    Image
    ExampleShow
  • I cant see LEVELS neither LIKES SYSTEM. (Fixed)
    ExampleShow
    Image
  • When you are making a post / thread, sometimes it adds an empty line for no reason.
    ExampleShow
    Image
  • When i compose a message, the avatar is different.
    ExampleShow
    Image
  • Player name cut on profile visitors.
    ExampleShow
    Image

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Image  Check out my Thread Style Pack, and make your threads more stylish!
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
138
brank
Horde
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Hey Syrurio, thanks for the reports. I broke the levelling system somehow, will try to fix tonight.

As for some of the other bugs have you definitely refreshed your browser cache/deleted site data for barrens.chat?

Will look into this when I’m off shift.

User avatar
EU Ragnaros
78
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
6 months ago
Hey Syrurio, thanks for the reports. I broke the levelling system somehow, will try to fix tonight.

As for some of the other bugs have you definitely refreshed your browser cache/deleted site data for barrens.chat?

Will look into this when I’m off shift.
Yes, i refreshed / deleted all my browser data.
I even tried on a different fresh installed browser, got the same results.

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Image  Check out my Thread Style Pack, and make your threads more stylish!
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Probably already noticed, and reported, but I will mention that the avatar on the top right is a little bit oversized for the banner.

SpoilerShow
Image

   Syturio
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
78
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Firelord wrote:
6 months ago
Probably already noticed, and reported, but I will mention that the avatar on the top right is a little bit oversized for the banner.

SpoilerShow
Image
Thats more like a tweak suggestion, than a bug :)
But ye i think it should be abit smaller.

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Image  Check out my Thread Style Pack, and make your threads more stylish!
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
138
brank
Horde
6 months ago
  •  Unread

  • Level system fixed yay! Thank god I didn't completely bugger it lol that was scary to say the least.
  • Likes system should also be fine now.

Investigating the other bugs now, thank you for your submissions.

   Syturio
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
78
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
6 months ago
  • Level system fixed yay! Thank god I didn't completely bugger it lol that was scary to say the least.
  • Likes system should also be fine now.

Investigating the other bugs now, thank you for your submissions.
I can confirm, both levels and likes are working fine now.

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Image  Check out my Thread Style Pack, and make your threads more stylish!
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Not really a bug per say, but here are two text issues I've noticed:

Forum front page

Image

User profile page

Image

User avatar
EU Ragnaros
78
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Rootdancer wrote:
6 months ago
Not really a bug per say, but here are two text issues I've noticed:

Forum front page

Image

User profile page

Image
Delete your browser cache. It will be fixed.

   teebling
Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Image  Check out my Thread Style Pack, and make your threads more stylish!
Guest
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Syturio wrote:
6 months ago
Rootdancer wrote:
6 months ago
Not really a bug per say, but here are two text issues I've noticed:

Forum front page

Image

User profile page

Image
Delete your browser cache. It will be fixed.
Brilliant, that worked.

6 months ago
  •  Unread

Guest wrote:
6 months ago
Syturio wrote:
6 months ago
Rootdancer wrote:
6 months ago
Not really a bug per say, but here are two text issues I've noticed:

Forum front page

Image

User profile page

Image
Delete your browser cache. It will be fixed.
Brilliant, that worked.
Try again from the account -- that worked, thank you.

   teebling
User avatar
EU Dunemaul
25
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Description: Cannot see other user's achievements
Environment: Safari 11.1, macOS 10.13.4
Screenshot:

SpoilerShow
Image
I guess it's not the expected behavior, but if so, the text “You don’t have access to see this user’s event medals” is cropped.

Image