5 months ago  •  Unread 

I'm kind of on the fence about this - whilst TBC, WOTLK legacy servers, separate from the Classic server, would be cool - all the players would move on too and that means not many would be left on the vanilla one...

5 months ago  •  Unread 

Faendor wrote:
5 months ago
Blizzard said they wanna reproduce authentic, though BLIZZARD experience. That means they want to make Classic as pure as possible but they still need to deliver a game that reflects their contemporary approach and quality of game design. They cannot simply reproduce exactly the same game as the technology and game industry itself has evolved over the years significantly. By that I mean that it will most likely be some kind of a ''Frankenpatch'', polished Vanilla.
"Polished vanilla" is actually a good term to use :smile: I can only hope, that raising the game to blizzard standard, which obviously exists, would not make it feel different.

- anno 2005.
5 months ago  •  Unread 

Razor wrote:
5 months ago
"Polished vanilla" is actually a good term to use :smile: I can only hope, that raising the game to blizzard standard, which obviously exists, would not make it feel different.
I firmly believe that is something Blizzard is gonna stick with. I think it can retain it's feel, atmosphere if they will follow what they stated at Blizzcon '' authentic, though BLIZZARD experience''. How they are gonna do it is yet in the stars but I believe they can make it.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
5 months ago  •  Unread 

Actually, I hear quite a lot of people uttering the mysterious 1.13 from time to time. I wonder what is the story it could be?

Let's consider patch 1.13 is announced well after the 1.12 and Naxxramas being already cleared by most of the guilds, even the casual ones. Kel'thuzad is down. The Dark Portal does not open. We all remain level 60. What's next?

- anno 2005.
5 months ago  •  Unread 

Razor wrote:
5 months ago
Actually, I hear quite a lot of people uttering the mysterious 1.13 from time to time. I wonder what is the story it could be?

Let's consider patch 1.13 is announced well after the 1.12 and Naxxramas being already cleared by most of the guilds, even the casual ones. Kel'thuzad is down. The Dark Portal does not open. We all remain level 60. What's next?
They could access Hyjal and other Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms only zones, open some raids such as Grim Batol. Dunno, I personally doubt this would happen. Making a different sort of time-line just sounds so unlikely to me, but I may be wrong. Theoretically it might be better for Classic in a long-run to update it even after Naxx for maintaining the servers populated. Maybe if they see a success in Classic, they will revaluate the game concept and come up with something completely new.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
4 months ago  •  Unread 

TheZhevra wrote:
5 months ago
I'm kind of on the fence about this - whilst TBC, WOTLK legacy servers, separate from the Classic server, would be cool - all the players would move on too and that means not many would be left on the vanilla one...
Yeah, I'd prefer it if Blizzard only released Classic WoW (as in the vanilla game that was released in 2004) only. And then, perhaps further on down the line a few years after release, they could ask if the community want The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King, too.

Light's Hope • Lightbringer • Awaiting Classic WoW