2 months ago  •  Unread 

I played with a 17 year old back when Kronos 2 first launched and he told me he was playing because he had fond memories of playing around the house and growing up with his Dad playing World of Warcraft on the family computer they had in their living room. I think the game was so huge at its peak that there are a lot of people that have had friends and family they remember gushing about World of Warcraft. If you combine that with modern MMORPG gamers that never played old school WoW, I think there will be a huge influx of first time players.

2 months ago  •  Unread 

Jynirax wrote:
2 months ago
I played with a 17 year old back when Kronos 2 first launched and he told me he was playing because he had fond memories of playing around the house and growing up with his Dad playing World of Warcraft on the family computer they had in their living room. I think the game was so huge at its peak that there are a lot of people that have had friends and family they remember gushing about World of Warcraft. If you combine that with modern MMORPG gamers that never played old school WoW, I think there will be a huge influx of first time players.
I’m very excited to see what those fresh players will think about Classic, whether good or bad thoughts. Truly, I know Classic will not be for everyone, but it surely will be an eye opener for everyone whichever way it goes.

US Staghelm
brank
Alliance
2 months ago  •  Unread 

Jynirax wrote:
2 months ago
this ^ also to add to the point - those who wanted to start playing later on but felt that they missed out on the original hype will want to give classic a go

1 month ago  •  Unread 

I strongly believe Classic WoW will live forever and meet our expectations. Although - this may not be the case during launch.

Firstly, I believe this because it's already survived fourteen years with thousands of people playing the game illegally on private servers. If it's lasted this long, it wouldn't surprise me if it'll last another fourteen, or even longer - especially as there never seems to be any great new MMORPG games coming out, and they always seem to flop.

Secondly, I understand that people are worried that now we know so much more about the game it'll ruin the experience - but I don't think this is the case. The game is still immersive, challenging, and most importantly it's still fun to play. Time doesn't change these key factors. Yes, knowledge is power, but having a slightly better understanding of the game doesn't make it easy, it only helps to a slight degree.

Lastly, I believe that during launch Classic WoW will be an incredibly bizarre environment full of nostalgic players looking for that hit muddled in with hardcore, long-time players too. After time, these players will dwindle and we'll mostly be left with the hardcore players, those who appreciate helping others, joining guilds, and just generally loving the game. So what I'm saying here is that I believe the community may not be so great to begin with, but over time it'll get better and better.

People who liked this post: Faendorteebling
Light's Hope • Lightbringer • Awaiting Classic WoW