6 months ago
  •  Unread

What class will you be playing once Classic releases and why? I'm curious to know the arguments for each choice as I am in doubt myself.

User avatar
EU Ghostlands
138
brank
Horde
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Firelord has convinced me that elemental shaman with windproc is a lot of fun and very flexible.
That and a warrior for tanking. Personally I’ll be very focused on guild building and organising.

6 months ago
  •  Unread

I was choosing between a Warrior Tank / Priest (Holy) / Druid (Resto) / Pala (Holy)

I was considering Warrior because I'd like to have a challange and the Warrior is one of the most challenging classes in Vanilla. Levelling as one is by far the hardest of all classes but rewarding as you reach 60 and start getting some good gear. Warrior imo is one of the most complex classes when it comes to the amount of information you need to know, preparation and theory-crafting before getting into the action. Though challenging, Warrior is definitely very entertaining class to play overall.

Ultimately I think I will roll the Priest healer as I would like to try healing once again and Priest is probably the most versatile healer of all 4 healing classes, not neccessarily the strongest healer. I've also considered a Druid which might be a bit underrated due to the actual difficulty of competing with other healing classes. In fact Druids are amazing healers and can actually be at the top of the healing meters when well geared and when played well. They sure have quite high skill cap and so are fun to play. Paladins are by some people considered to be the strongest healers in the game, especially in the early stages due to their high mana efficiency, quick heals and tankiness. They have probably the easiest and after some time maybe ''boring'' rotations of all healers and as I'd rather have a more dynamic and interesting spell rotations I'm probably not gonna roll Paladin for that reason. Rolling Alliance so I didn't bring Shaman to consideration.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
User avatar
US Garona
24
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Hunter, of course. There’s nothing like the sweet tears of betrayed guildmates :razz:

I’ve got some other ideas like perhaps a shadow priest for pvp and warlock synergy

Image
6 months ago
  •  Unread

I feel like picking a class I always wanted to try - warlock. Going horde just to relive the soundtrack playing in the background of the familiar zones.

Will stay as casual as possible. No stress. Pure pleasure.

- anno 2005.
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
78
brank
Alliance
6 months ago
  •  Unread

I will pick Nigh Elft Rogue, rogues in Vanilla are tons of fun, specially in PvP (wich is the main thing i care about).

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Image  Check out my Thread Style Pack, and make your threads more stylish!
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Doomsnout wrote:
6 months ago
Hunter, of course. There’s nothing like the sweet tears of betrayed guildmates :razz:

I’ve got some other ideas like perhaps a shadow priest for pvp and warlock synergy
Plus, they're so good for leveling! But I fear too many people will play Hunter or is that a misconception?

6 months ago
  •  Unread

Razor wrote:
6 months ago
I feel like picking a class I always wanted to try - warlock. Going horde just to relive the soundtrack playing in the background of the familiar zones.

Will stay as casual as possible. No stress. Pure pleasure.
You and I are on the same page. I'm considering Warlock as well, on Horde, and playing it casually to fully enjoy the experience.

6 months ago
  •  Unread

I have yet to decide what class I want to play. I don't know what I want to start out as. There are so many different combinations.

Shaman is a class close and dear to me, definitely. Orc Shaman. My big dream scenario is of course to get my hands on Sulfuras, and then go on my pilgrimage of world PvP, having those dangerous windfury spikes that will certainly shock and put people into fear.

Yes, I am well aware that there is a large case of RNG, and the wait window can be long—making that wait window a struggling one. But this is exactly what I am prepared for, and the satisfaction gaining that huge spike is one of the better feelings around.

I know that gaining Sulfuras will be a hard challenge, and that Shamans are pushed into restoration. Is this challenge I am willing to take? Maybe.

But, as I said at the start, there are so many different combinations. Another one dear to me is Priest, Undead Priest, since this is what I played in Classic majority of the time. However, do I want to be Horde? Probably, but I cannot ignore how legendary Dwarf Priests are. A force enough to pull my faction strings.

teebling wrote:
6 months ago
Firelord has convinced me that elemental shaman with windproc is a lot of fun and very flexible.
That and a warrior for tanking. Personally I’ll be very focused on guild building and organising.
Please be careful. While Shamans are great, the Windfury proc wait is indeed in the hands of RNG :mrgreen:

But it's worth it, in my opinion.

6 months ago
  •  Unread

I really can't decide. Probably Hunter. I like really active, dynamic play styles. I've thought about Paladin for coolness, but they're incredibly dull to level, and ultimately I don't think I'd enjoy healing enough to do it end game. Then I think Druid, because I can do a bit of everything. Tank 5 mans, heal end game, or really try hard to feral dps. Then I think, hmm, warrior would be a fun challenge. I like tanking, but maybe now that I'm older I won't want all that responsibility...

And on and on and on.

I'll probably decide when I get to the character creation screen and pick something else entirely.

6 months ago
  •  Unread

Laphroaig wrote:
6 months ago
Then I think, hmm, warrior would be a fun challenge. I like tanking, but maybe now that I'm older I won't want all that responsibility...
You can go Warrior DPS which is a lot of fun as well

They claimed I didn't but I did...
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Laphroaig wrote:
6 months ago
I really can't decide. Probably Hunter. I like really active, dynamic play styles. I've thought about Paladin for coolness, but they're incredibly dull to level, and ultimately I don't think I'd enjoy healing enough to do it end game. Then I think Druid, because I can do a bit of everything. Tank 5 mans, heal end game, or really try hard to feral dps. Then I think, hmm, warrior would be a fun challenge. I like tanking, but maybe now that I'm older I won't want all that responsibility...

And on and on and on.

I'll probably decide when I get to the character creation screen and pick something else entirely.
Honestly, if I go Alliance, I think I might as well focus on Paladin. The healing focus, or even the buffing focus is not something I'm even against if I end up in raids. Plus, whether people want to believe it or not, Retribution in PvP was a tank in itself. Retribution Paladin in PvP were really good. The damage was good, their tankiness and survival even greater, and their supporting abilities crazily good.

As well as a relatively free mount at level 40, letting yourself hold on to your dear gold.

These decisions are truly making me want to write down pros and cons in a Word document.

6 months ago
  •  Unread

Firelord wrote:
6 months ago
Honestly, if I go Alliance, I think I might as well focus on Paladin. The healing focus, or even the buffing focus is not something I'm even against if I end up in raids. Plus, whether people want to believe it or not, Retribution in PvP was a tank in itself. Retribution Paladin in PvP were really good. The damage was good, their tankiness and survival even greater, and their supporting abilities crazily good.

As well as a relatively free mount at level 40, letting yourself hold on to your dear gold.

These decisions are truly making me want to write down pros and cons in a Word document.
Don't let anyone tell you what to roll. Even Retri Pally's are somewhat viable in raids if you are willing to go an additional mile to master it. Check out Esfand's channel, he can explain you how you can actually be true ret pala god. And what you said about the retri pala tank is damn true, they soak a lot of dmg, and they can afford to do so. I've seen even hybrid holy/prot spec which allows you to heal raids and still being able to tank 5-men dungeons such as Stratholme/Scholo or even some cluster packs in raids due to your awsome aoe tanking potential.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Warrior, unless my current Paladin changes my mind but it doesn't look like it. Feels like warrior has more viable hybrid specs but it could also be that I have less experience with Paladin's.

Image Image
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Candletaker wrote:
6 months ago
Warrior, unless my current Paladin changes my mind but it doesn't look like it. Feels like warrior has more viable hybrid specs but it could also be that I have less experience with Paladin's.

It just depends on what playstyle suit's you more. Warriors are basically much more complex and so are fun to play but require a lot more knowledge and practice in order to master it. Holy Pal is easier to play but have simpler rotations so it might get a bit boring after some time.

I'm not considering PVP at this point.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
6 months ago
Don't let anyone tell you what to roll. Even Retri Pally's are somewhat viable in raids if you are willing to go an additional mile to master it. Check out Esfand's channel, he can explain you how you can actually be true ret pala god. And what you said about the retri pala tank is damn true, they soak a lot of dmg, and they can afford to do so. I've seen even hybrid holy/prot spec which allows you to heal raids and still being able to tank 5-men dungeons such as Stratholme/Scholo or even some cluster packs in raids due to your awsome aoe tanking potential.
Oh believe me, I will roll what I want to roll. The fact remains that it will be a time investment, so I am wondering what I shall focus on.

The way Paladin auras worked back then is a favourite of mine, as well as how seals were handled. Plus, I have always been interested in support in one way or another. That is why Shaman and Paladin have been bigger interests. The whole faction lock just makes it even more interesting to me.

6 months ago
  •  Unread

Firelord wrote:
6 months ago

Oh believe me, I will roll what I want to roll. The fact remains that it will be a time investment, so I am wondering what I shall focus on.

The way Paladin auras worked back then is a favourite of mine, as well as how seals were handled. Plus, I have always been interested in support in one way or another. That is why Shaman and Paladin have been bigger interests. The whole faction lock just makes it even more interesting to me.
I personally am also into the support role of hybrid classes. I'd like to give paladin a try but the thing I'm a bit worried about is the simple spell rotations and possibility of boredom.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
6 months ago
I personally am also into the support role of hybrid classes. I'd like to give paladin a try but the thing I'm a bit worried about is the simple spell rotations and possibility of boredom.
This is rather common in Classic, which is again something I do not mind.

Rotations are simple. Warlocks literally had Shadow Bolt spam only for a while, that would be their best DPS rotation.

Nothing other than Frost Mage was allowed on Ragnaros, and all they had was a Frost Bolt rotation.

So the rotation for a lot of classes weren't more than a button press at times.

Though I know that Paladin in general was a lot of auto-attack downtime when levelling, though the most famous levelling spec was enough talent points into Holy for Consecration, and then just level by pulling 3 mobs at once, perhaps 4. A Paladin could handle it, and then just auto-attack.

Jebać Disa Kurwe
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Rogue because I wanna oneshot everyone.

6 months ago
  •  Unread

Jebać Disa Kurwe wrote:
6 months ago
Rogue because I wanna oneshot everyone.
That will prove to be difficult! Rogues can one-shot, yes, on newly dinged level 60's if you are 60 as well with high-end gear. But so can every other class do too.

User avatar
US Mannoroth
1
brank
6 months ago
  •  Unread

I must recreate my shaman. The worst part of vanilla wow was being broke for me. I needed resto to raid, windfury was fun pre atk power nerfs, but around naxx time, I had really honed in a great hybrid pvp talent tree. I would out duel people who were out gearing me by a long shot. My build was effective and I really thought my Troll racial ability Berserking had alot to do with how effective I was with it.

I can't recall all the exact talents I know I was like 25 elemental, 5 enhance, and 21 resto or something silly. However with a shield and dagger in hand with frostbrand weapon. I would outlast, outsmart, and surprise you with burst damage to get the wins.

It was effective in world pvp too but hard when facing multiple opponents due to lack of hard cc

6 months ago
  •  Unread

Female human warrior most likely. I've done 1-60 a few times now and just found warrior to be the most fun in raids/dungeons both as a tank and a dps. In the event I level up a healer I'll be making a druid to do something new. I ran holy priest on the original nost server and pally just isn't a class I enjoy.

6 months ago
  •  Unread

My main will be a Dwarf Holy Priest, but not solely for the racial ability. I just love Dwarves, so Fear Ward is a bonus to me. Anyway, I usually play healer classes in games, and Priests have a lot of abilities I enjoy. I also like being able to support players around me, even if I'm not in group. For instance - it's fun finding people low on health while questing, and doing a drive-by healing. It feels good to be a part of bringing the community together.

In retail I was a Paladin, so it is tempting to roll one again... but I want to try something new.

I am also tempted to make a Troll Shaman alt because they look super fun to play!

_________________________________
Cuppa
☕
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Either human rogue or fury warrior. I've never been interested in tanking but I do love playing a physical damage dealer. I've done my share of being a caster in retail as well as back in the day and I'm pretty well over it. ( Also leveling a rogue is just sooo convenient on pvp servers )

For the Crusade!
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Cuppa wrote:
6 months ago
My main will be a Dwarf Holy Priest, but not solely for the racial ability. I just love Dwarves, so Fear Ward is a bonus to me. Anyway, I usually play healer classes in games, and Priests have a lot of abilities I enjoy. I also like being able to support players around me, even if I'm not in group. For instance - it's fun finding people low on health while questing, and doing a drive-by healing. It feels good to be a part of bringing the community together.

In retail I was a Paladin, so it is tempting to roll one again... but I want to try something new.

I am also tempted to make a Troll Shaman alt because they look super fun to play!
I root for you to make that Shaman, because the Horde rules all. And I totally do drive-by healing too on my Priest haha, also throw in some buffs :lol:

Similar topics
to 'What class will you be playing and why?'
Posts ViewsLast post