Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Undead
Rogue
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Hey so I'm a level 48 Rogue with max skinning and nearly maxed out Leatherworking. So far though it doesn't seem like my professions make me much gold, and I'm becoming pretty poor so I was thinking of switching to other professions. What would be the best? :smile:

Durotar
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 25
Likes: 17
Horde
Shaman
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

switching to another professions costs time but i would drop the leatherworking for another gathering profession - herbalism or mining. probably herbalism so i could gather my own mats for thistletee and blinding powder.

keep skinning because its easy to loot on the go while leveling, and later i figure its lots of fun as rogue to sap people that just killed a devilsaur and steal their leather and get your devilsaur armor for pre-raid bis easier :biggrin:

you can make some decent money with pickpocketing / pickpocketing runs.

probably respec, get the talents https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=13958 ... -deception https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=13981/elusiveness and https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=13975/camouflage and go pickpocketing in scarlet monestary

and i read somewhere that people just macro it into their openeres so they dont have to think about it and just loot the free money with autoloot active while questing/leveling.

something like this (have to press it two times though i think)

Code: Select all

    #showtooltip
    /cast Pick Pocket
    /cast Cheap Shot

   teebling
FROST SHOCK!
Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 434
Likes: 160
Horde
Shaman
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Crendor wrote:
1 week ago
Hey so I'm a level 48 Rogue with max skinning and nearly maxed out Leatherworking. So far though it doesn't seem like my professions make me much gold, and I'm becoming pretty poor so I was thinking of switching to other professions. What would be the best?
At such a low level you won't be bringing in the big bucks. Since you're leveling, might I recommend Enchanting? You can disenchant stuff to save bag space and send the materials to an alt to be sold later on the AH. Enchanting allows you to continue your leveling journey without going out of your way too much, I would keep skinning.

Image    Image   Image  Image
Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Undead
Rogue
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
1 week ago
At such a low level you won't be bringing in the big bucks. Since you're leveling, might I recommend Enchanting? You can disenchant stuff to save bag space and send the materials to an alt to be sold later on the AH. Enchanting allows you to continue your leveling journey without going out of your way too much, I would keep skinning.
Wouldn't I need to level enchanting to disenchant higher level items? I'm not too sure on how that works, though that's what I'm assuming. What do I do with skinning to make money?

Durotar
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 25
Likes: 17
Horde
Shaman
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Crendor wrote:
1 week ago
Caperfin wrote:
1 week ago
At such a low level you won't be bringing in the big bucks. Since you're leveling, might I recommend Enchanting? You can disenchant stuff to save bag space and send the materials to an alt to be sold later on the AH. Enchanting allows you to continue your leveling journey without going out of your way too much, I would keep skinning.
Wouldn't I need to level enchanting to disenchant higher level items? I'm not too sure on how that works, though that's what I'm assuming. What do I do with skinning to make money?
No you can disenchant every item. I'd recommend a lvl 5 bankchar though. Do not learn enchanting for the disenchanting sake on your main. Invest 30-45 mins to lvl a char to 5, learn enchanting and run into a city to an auction house.

Send all boe greens or valuable items you find with your rogue to your bankchar so you don't lose time hearthing to city's auctioning stuff to get bagspace with your main.

Just log onto your bankchar every day for 5 minutes before logging onto your main and sell/disenchant items. Mail gold if needed from your bankchar to your main when you lack some g to learn skills

FROST SHOCK!
Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 434
Likes: 160
Horde
Shaman
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

beaty wrote:
1 week ago
No you can disenchant every item. I'd recommend a lvl 5 bankchar though. Do not learn enchanting for the disenchanting sake on your main. Invest 30-45 mins to lvl a char to 5, learn enchanting and run into a city to an auction house.

Send all boe greens or valuable items you find with your rogue to your bankchar so you don't lose time hearthing to city's auctioning stuff to get bagspace with your main.

Just log onto your bankchar every day for 5 minutes before logging onto your main and sell/disenchant items. Mail gold if needed from your bankchar to your main when you lack some g to learn skills
/nod

Image    Image   Image  Image
Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Undead
Rogue
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

beaty wrote:
1 week ago
No you can disenchant every item. I'd recommend a lvl 5 bankchar though. Do not learn enchanting for the disenchanting sake on your main. Invest 30-45 mins to lvl a char to 5, learn enchanting and run into a city to an auction house.

Send all boe greens or valuable items you find with your rogue to your bankchar so you don't lose time hearthing to city's auctioning stuff to get bagspace with your main.

Just log onto your bankchar every day for 5 minutes before logging onto your main and sell/disenchant items. Mail gold if needed from your bankchar to your main when you lack some g to learn skills
Are you saying to learn enchanting on an alt rather than my main? If so, what would you recommend for my main?

Durotar
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 25
Likes: 17
Horde
Shaman
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Crendor wrote:
1 week ago
beaty wrote:
1 week ago
No you can disenchant every item. I'd recommend a lvl 5 bankchar though. Do not learn enchanting for the disenchanting sake on your main. Invest 30-45 mins to lvl a char to 5, learn enchanting and run into a city to an auction house.

Send all boe greens or valuable items you find with your rogue to your bankchar so you don't lose time hearthing to city's auctioning stuff to get bagspace with your main.

Just log onto your bankchar every day for 5 minutes before logging onto your main and sell/disenchant items. Mail gold if needed from your bankchar to your main when you lack some g to learn skills
Are you saying to learn enchanting on an alt rather than my main? If so, what would you recommend for my main?
I would get rid of leatherworking and go for herbalism instead

FROST SHOCK!
Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Undead
Rogue
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

beaty wrote:
1 week ago
I would get rid of leatherworking and go for herbalism instead
I talked with some guildies and they thought up the same thing. Leveling a disenchanter alt as I type this, thanks for help! :mrgreen:

Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 434
Likes: 160
Horde
Shaman
1 week ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Crendor wrote:
1 week ago
I talked with some guildies and they thought up the same thing. Leveling a disenchanter alt as I type this, thanks for help!
If you ever need more help, just let us know :)

Image    Image   Image  Image
Priest Shadow
User avatar
US Herod
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Undead
Mage
6 days ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Gold? Than the answer is herbalism.

PvP hardcore Grinder / casual for raids
Similar topics
to 'Gold Making Professions for Rogue?'
Posts ViewsLast post